Dr. Carmencita Lanez, MD

Dr. Carmencita Lanez, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Dr. Carmencita Lanez, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Hopelawn, NJ. She has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Lanez is affiliated with Raritan Bay Medical Center - Old Bridge and Raritan Bay Medical Center.

Dr. Lanez's Experience

See how Dr. Lanez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lanez

Dr. Lanez accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lanez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lanez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lanez to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Lanez's Performance
Metuchen, NJ |
Dr. Carmencita Lanez has been treating me for about 3 years. She has been treating me for attention and memory issues, and anxiety and depression. My parents live in a different country and I have had trouble sleeping due to the anxiety this has caused me, and his medications together with insights have helped me cope. I have already recommended her to 2 of my friends.
New York, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Lanez for several years now. I travel far just to see her. I highly recommend her. She's intelligent and knowledgeable.
in Metuchen, NJ |
I was initially hesitant to visit Dr. Lanez based on the reviews, but I'm extremely happy that I decided to see her. She is extremely knowledgeable and helped me and my family. I'm not sure why many of these reviewers are looking for someone who coddles them or is "nice". I care more about competency. Dr. lanez might be direct and not "nice", but she knows her stuff.
Avenel, NJ |
Nice lady but not very involved with patient. Each time I have visited over 3 years, it seems like a first visit as she doesn't recall personal info. She comes off distant and prescribes medication very easily. I have had to decline suggested medications as I don't want to become too dependent. Office staff is the most challenging part of the practice. They have been unhelpful, defensive, and argumentative when trying to reschedule an appointment. Sadly, I will need to go elsewhere.
in Freehold, NJ |
Nothing short of terrible. She treated my 13 yr old daughter. She not only misdiagnosed her but had her on so many medications, she felt nauseous and sick all the time. She never listened to my child or us and just kept pushing medications. She should have her license revoked. Do yourself or your child a favor and find another Doctor!
Woodbridge, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. C. T. Lanez . She is caring and has helped improve my life tremendously.
Woodbridge, NJ |
Dr. Lanez was a very cold and distant individual which made for a horrible doctor. AFter being diagnosed with a disorder I found her unwilling and incapable of doing anything other than writing prescriptions. I would not even send my worst enemy to this woman.
She doesn't listen. Just looks at her screen, and uses surveys to diagnose patients. Doesn't even bother to ask follow up questions or even try to diagnose herself. Would NOT recommend. If you need meds soon, go to her until you can find a real doctor. But look into the meds she gives, she doesn't seem to have much knowledge about personalized treatment planning.
Have you seen Dr. Carmencita Lanez, MD?
Are you Dr. Lanez?

Compare Dr. Lanez

Dr. Lanez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Graduated in 1978

Ancora Psychiatric Hosp
    Cabrini Med Center

• Tagalog

Dr. Lanez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lanez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation