Dr. Carmen Cirstea, MD

Neurology | Female

Carmen D. Cirstea M.D., P.A. 19016 Stone Oak Pkwy Ste 210 San Antonio, TX 78258 Get Directions
Dr. Carmen Cirstea, MD
Dr. Carmen Cirstea, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

Dr. Cirstea's Experience

See how Dr. Cirstea's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cirstea

Dr. Cirstea accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Cirstea is now accepting new patients

Dr. Cirstea's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cirstea to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Cirstea Says:

Dr. Cirstea's Performance
in Converse texas |
I am so grateful to this doctor for all my issues were resolved with the correct meds given to me by her and are still keeping me going at this point haven't been able to go consult with her for insurance issues but hope to soon be able to resolve this issue and continue my visits with her and for her to keep me in control of my health problems she is the best neolagist Ianyone can have thank you dr ciirstea
in San Antonio, TX |
talked over me; when I told her the medicine she prescribed was giving me dangerous side effects she kept insisting i take it saying repeatedly "Keppra has no side effects"; then dropped me as her patient. she falsified my medical records to cover what she had done, saying I said i had black outs for years and would not take medicine etc when I did tell her i would try a different medicine; i told her i had 2 blackouts, she was insulted that i said i was having problems with her prescription
San Antonio |
I was referred by another doctor, so I made an appointment. We'll my first & last visit with her was this week. Within 2-4 minutes of meeting her she told me I have seizures. Then she continued to speak so fast that I had to stop her to ask some questions. Then she wrote a prescription for seizures & told me that she needed to send me for an EEG, MRI & a EKG to find out what's causing me to have dizziness & headaches so why get me on seizure medicine for life???
in San Antonio, TX |
Not pleased. Brought in my mother who recently moved in with me for an initial visit and cognitive assessment She did not consult with my mother's medical records of previous physician from another state and she did not conduct any cognitive testing. After a few simple questions' like what day is it, and who is the president, she stated there was no dementia. She insinuated we were trying to use this situation to gain access to my mother's finances. Should be reported to an ethics board!
in San Antonio, tx |
She was overly informative and on the first visit decided that I had seizures with very little information. I felt unable to talk, because I kept getting talked over or interrupted. She wrote me 2 prescriptions so I could get to the dosage she wanted me at. I will be getting a second opinion elsewhere.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Cirstea couldn't begin to guess what my symptoms were suggestive of, although about 30 minutes of reading the available online medical literature would've given her a clue. She requested an MRI, which I agreed might be helpful, ( it wasn't ), and a cardiac work-up for fainting ( syncope ) and stroke, ( about 6 hours of testing ) which proved to be within normal limits.The cardiologist suggested I consult a neurosurgeon, the first sensible suggestion I'd had.
Have you seen Dr. Carmen Cirstea, MD?
Are you Dr. Cirstea?

Compare Dr. Cirstea

Dr. Cirstea says...

Dr. Cirstea's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Cirstea has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cirstea's Board Certifications

• Epilepsy
  • Essential Tremor
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis

Completed in 2003

University Of Massachussets

Completed in 2004

• Romanian

Dr. Cirstea does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cirstea and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology