Dr. Carlos Sotolongo, MD
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry•Male•Age 62
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Carlos Sotolongo, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Harrison, NY and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sotolongo has extensive experience in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Addiction & Substance Abuse, and Psychotic Disorders. He graduated from Technology Institute of Santo Domingo (Intec) / School of Medicine in 1988. He is affiliated with Saint Joseph's Medical Center. His office accepts telehealth appointments.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area
At a Glance
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Clean HospitalPatients said the hospital this doctor practices at is clean. • See hospitals
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Sotolongo
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sotolongo treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sotolongo treats other conditions, please contact the office at (914) 925-5500.
Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Sotolongo is experienced in the area of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Addiction & Substance Abuse
Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Sotolongo is experienced in the area of Addiction & Substance Abuse. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures
Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Sotolongo is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures
General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy
General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Sotolongo is experienced in the area of General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 41 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Sotolongo's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Sotolongo's conditions and procedures:
- ADHD and-or ADD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
- Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
- Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Cocaine Addiction
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Combination Drug Dependence
- Conduct Disorder
- Conversion Disorder
- Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
- Delusional Disorder
- Depersonalization Disorder
- Developmental and Learning Disorders
- Dissociative Disorder
- Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
- Drug and Alcohol Dependence
- Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
- Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
- Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
- Family Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Hallucinogen Dependence
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Marijuana Addiction
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
- Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
- Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
- Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
- Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
- Nondependent Opioid Abuse
- Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Opioid Dependence
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
- Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
- Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform Disorder
- Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
- Separation Anxiety
- Somatoform Disorders
- Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
- Suicidal Ideation
- Tobacco Use Disorder
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Sotolongo accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Sotolongo accepts the following insurance:
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- MultiPlan PPO