Dr. Carlos Silva, MD

Dr. Carlos Silva, MD

Critical Care Medicine | Male

Pulmonary/Critical Care Specs 160 Kingsley Ln Ste 103 Norfolk, VA 23505 Get Directions

Dr. Carlos Silva, MD is a critical care medicine doctor who practices in Norfolk, VA. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Silva is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital, Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, Bon Secours - Maryview Medical Center, Bon Secours - Depaul Medical Center, Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.

Dr. Silva's Experience

See how Dr. Silva's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Silva

Dr. Silva accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Silva has admitting privileges.

Dr. Silva's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Silva to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Silva's Performance
Norfolk, VA |
My father saw this doctor. I am trying to review him where ever I can. He was horrendous in patient we'll being. My father has lung problems and we didn't get anywhere with him. His treatments did not do anything to better the situation. I don't want to leave personal details but let's just say after we left him we got different answers elsewhere but then it was to late. Leave his practice if you can or do not see him at all.
Norfolk, VA |
Horrible lazy staff but great physician. It's unfortunate to find a new doctor but every single thing is wrong with this office except the doctor himself. I have never seen anything like it. My care was in jepordary and it only got worse relying on his staff. They followed through with absolutely nothing they were suppose to do. Even down to not calling in Rx or scheduling tests the dr ordered. To scary to put my health in even more risk.
in Norfolk, VA |
When I first went into the office I felt a little apprehensive because I had went from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what was going on with me. The office staff was wonderful and the whole process was done with ease. Dr. Silva made me feel very comfortable and he did not rush me out without hearing my concerns, and he gave me hope. I came in feeling vulnerable and deflated and left feeling motivated. Thanks Dr. Silva
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Silva is an excellent doctor who takes good care of his patients. He is very kind and answers any and all questions. There's sometimes a wait to see him, but that's every doctor's office. I don't mind waiting to see him. He is the best of the best in Hampton Roads!
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Silva appears to have a good bedside manner however, his staff is unprofessional and "very" unorganized. In my eyes, your staff is a reflection of yourself. I would NOT recommend anyone to this practice. If I could rate no stars, I would.
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Silva, professional and compassionate. Billing procedures, severely lacking. I pd. copays at each visit and yet received a $17 invoice. I called the office to pay and was told I had to contact billing at Patient First. I called. They had no record of my owing anything. I called Silva's office back they said wait to see if I get a bill. None came. 4 mos. later I got notice FROM A COLLECTION AGENCY. Silva's office manager ignored all of my calls refusing to even speak with me. BBB is next.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I really like Dr Silva but I have called for refills they say they will take care of them and never do or give you a return call my spouse and were both told they would take care of them and they never did Kevin griffin and Robert e wright
Norfolk, VA |
I would not recommend Dr. Silva and am quite surprised to see this high rating for him. When I share my experience with others, and they ask who the doctor was, there seems to be a universal disapproval of this doctor. I would be very careful sending a loved one to him or going yourself. He doesn't respond when on call either and has allowed my Steroids to lapse, sending me to the ER twice, the second time to ICU with acute adrenal failure - and I am only 52!
Have you seen Dr. Carlos Silva, MD?
Are you Dr. Silva?

Compare Dr. Silva

Dr. Silva's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Critical Care Medicine
    •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine

Dr. Silva has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Silva's Board Certifications

• Bronchiolitis
    • Bronchitis
    • Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
    • Bronchospasm
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
    • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
    • Cough
    • Partial Lung Collapse
    • Pleural Effusion
    • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
    • Pneumonia
    • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
    • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

Catheterization Med Center

Completed in 1989

Montefiore MC

Completed in 1990

Dr. Silva does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Silva and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Critical Care Medicine
    • Geriatric Medicine
    • Pulmonology
    • Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
    • Breath Testing