Dr. Carlos Mata, MD

Dr. Carlos Mata, MD

Plastic Surgery  |

A former Texas A&M University undergraduate, University of Texas Medical School and Harvard University trained, board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Mata is not your typical surgeon. He performed thousands of procedures at these established institutions, while also being trained in Miami, Florida with world leading experts in the field of facial aesthetic and breast and body surgery. Dr. Mata not only focuses on the aesthetics and beauty of cosmetic surgery but also on those in need. He trained at Children's Hospital in Boston, Dell Children Medical Center in Austin, and Driscoll Children's Hospital in Corpus Christi. Based on his desire to help children, Dr. Mata obtained a year long fellowship in craniofacial surgery in an esteemed institution that included time in Paris, France. His passion for helping children continues as he goes to third world countries at least twice a year since 2011 to perform cleft lips and palates. He performs hand, burn and breast reconstructive surgeries by using his artistic abilities by combining reconstructive principles to get cosmetic like outcomes. However, the United States Army required Dr. Mata's plastic and reconstructive skills sooner than anticipated. Thus, he served as a Major in the U.S. Army as the Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery at Eglin Air Force Base for two years. His unique training at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston allowed him the skill necessary to treat some of America's wounded warriors. Dr. Mata treated military members and their dependents from Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Florida. One of Dr. Mata's patients had this to say about him, "Thank you for having a generous smile and kind spirit. You have made my breast surgery easier than I ever could have imagined. You share your talent and special gift with the world each day." Thank you, A.O. Dr. Mata has been in the Phoenix metropolitan area now for over one year. He focused on aesthetics surgery over the last six years while working in military and in Miami, Florida before moving to Arizona. Dr. Mata is currently chief plastic surgeon at Ciao Bella in Chandler, AZ and is about to open an additional office in North Scottsdale Arizona. This new facility will expand all facial aesthetics like full and mini facelifts, Brow lifts, eyelid surgery, and nose surgery. He also performs breast and body contouring procedures such as mommy makeovers that include tummy tucks, liposuction, breast augmentation and or breast lifts with augmentation. Our new office will be located at 22455 N Miller Rd, Units B100, Scottsdale AZ 85255.

North Valley Plastic Sugery

11000 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Learn about Dr. Mata

Dr. Carlos Mata's philosophy emphasizes compassionate care, service beyond expectation, and the strongest desire to do what is best for his patients. Every patient is special and unique. He preserves the privacy and the dignity of his patients while delivering first-class results allowing you to "Be your own Beautiful."

Dr. Mata's Experience

Dr. Mata's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Plastic Surgery

• Gynecomastia
  • Large Breasts
  • Lipodystrophy
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Traumatic Injuries

• Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Buttock Lift
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Reconstruction
  • Fat Grafting to the Buttock
  • Fat Grafting to the Face
  • Fat Reduction Procedure
  • Liposuction
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Texas A&M University / Main Campus
  • Univ of Texas Medical Branch Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Cosmetic and Breast Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Mata has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mata does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mata and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Mata's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mata to family and friends
Dr. Mata Says:

Dr. Mata's Performance
Very helpful and caring.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Everyone has been very kind and ensured I am doing okay.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mata has been so great at all of my appointments. I never feel rushed and all of my questions have always been answered. He made me feel comfortable before my surgery, and made sure we were on the same page. I am so glad I found this doctor!
in El Paso, Texas |
It was great that I had chosen Dr. Mata for mt eye lift surgery. He explained the procedure and answered all my questions. After a short downtime, my eyes looked awesome. He erased 10 years of my face, I love it!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Mata and staff were super caring and not to mention my out
Scottsdale, AZ |
Found the best plastic surgeon in town would not go to any one else.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
My experience was great! I had a vaginal procedure (ThermiVa), which I highly recommend, it helped with urinary incontinence and it also tightened my vagina. This was super easy it probably took like 15 minutes just with the use of a wand. Could not be any happier with this non-surgical, non-invasive procedure. Dr Mata really made me feel comfortable during the procedure.
in Chandler, AZ |
My experience was great everything I expected and more. Will definitely come back to see Dr Mata for other procedures.
in Phoenix, AZ |
My experience with Dr. Mata was wonderful, he was very patient and caring. We discussed all my concerns and gave me his expert answers. After treatment my results were beyond expected. I will continue to see Dr. Mata and will continue to recommend him to my family and friends.
in Chandler, AZ |
After several consultations w/other plastic surgeons in Arizona, I knew the moment that I met Dr. Carlos Mata at Ciao Bella in Chandler, AZ. that I was in the right place. My procedures went very well and all of my post follow up care has been fantastic. I sincerely and whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Mata as your surgeon. His work is pristine and just beautiful; I couldn't be happier! He is compassionate, professional and He's simply the top of his profession and best of the best. You'll see. :)
Have you seen Dr. Carlos Mata, MD?
Are you Dr. Mata?