Dr. Carlos A. Guanche, MD

Dr. Carlos A. Guanche, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 54 years old

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Guanche's Experience

See how Dr. Guanche's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Guanche

Dr. Guanche accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Guanche has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Guanche
Dr. Guanche's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (109)
Dr. Guanche Says:

We take all comments seriously.

If you have concerns with my practice, please call my office directly and asked to speak with me.  Any complaints will be Confidential.

in San Luis Obispo, CA |
My experience with Dr. Guanche and his team of professionals was extremely positive. This was an experience made much better by the excellent and supportive care that I received from this group, and I would not hesitate to recommend this office to anyone.
in Oak Park, CA |
This is my second surgery performed by Dr Guanche and if that isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is. He is a true professional, and very personable and easy to talk to. I wish he was a neighbor.
in Paso Robles, CA |
This is my second surgery with Dr Guanche and although the recovery this time isn't as easy as last, I can't complain. Dr Guanche and the team he uses are professional, courteous, compassionate, prompt, and know their jobs. I travel nearly four hours to get this service and will continue to do so in the future when it's time for my next upcoming surgery. Hands down, no question the best treatment I've ever had.
in Canyon Country, CA |
Dr Guanche is the kindest most caring Dr I've ever been too, if you want the best he is the very best
in Ventura, CA |
Dr. Guanche is very kind and knowledgeable. I tried for 2 years to figure out why I was having so much hip pain. He figured it out confidently in just a few minutes. I am only 2 weeks post op, but feeling very hopeful that I will have a lot of pain relief once healed.
in San Francisco, Ca |
Destroyed my hamstring. Two revisions required. Destroyed my friend's hamstring- one revision required. Terrible judgment- stay away.
Beverly Hills, CA |
Very personable and i felt confident going in. I've had two surgeries with him and they have been relatively easy.
in Valley Village, CA |
Dr. Guanche's commitment was providing expertise throughout my care and surgeries. He shows great kindness, patience, and professionalism, always willing to answer any questions I had over the course my treatment. My surgeries have resulted in really positive and seamless recovery, follow up care is spot on, he has a great system of daily checkin's post surgically, leaving you with a true sense of being cared for and connected to him and his staff. A remarkable & life changing experience for me!
in Ketchum, ID |
Dr. Guanche cares about the whole patient,. I was not just another hip to him or his staff. They are all concerned with the patient having not only a great surgical outcome... But a good recovery. I felt very valued and considered and heard. Dr. Guanche and his whole staff are exceptional. It didn't hurt that they all also had a good sense of humor...i would recommend Dr. Guanche 100% and i would return to him myself in a heart beat. Mary G
Canyon Country, CA |
These people are truthfully as good as it gets. Dr Guanche conducts a finely tuned orchestra of brilliant healers. I walk today because of him.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Wonderful and Friendly Staff! Very clean environment! Never problem with scheduling! Never have to wait! When I have arrived early because I am coming from out of town, the have always worked me in! Bianca has been amazingly helpful! She is always so friendly and answers all my questions. I love the HealthLoop system!
in Los Alamos, CA |
This was the best doctor I could have ever asked for. He treated my hip injury with excellent care & expertise.
in Palmdale, CA |
4 friends from my area had either gotten their own surgery or kids' surgeries and finally convinced me to see him. Well worth it. Had arthroscopy of my knee and it was very quick and healing well. Will be doing hip surgery within the next 2 months and sure he will do as excellent a job. Very kind and listens to your concerns, doesn't try to rush you through and extremely quick to come to the room once you are sent in for apointments. Wonderful! I will be telling even more people how great he is!
Have you seen Dr. Carlos A. Guanche, MD?
Are you Dr. Guanche?

Compare Dr. Guanche

Dr. Guanche says...

Our practice is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic injuries. We specialize in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the hip, shoulder and hamstrings. We also manage shoulder and rotator cuff problems, shoulder replacements and reverse shoulder replacements. Our mission is to provide the latest and most current treatment to our patients, most of who can be managed non-surgically. When surgery is indicated, we specialize in the most advanced, cutting-edge, minimally invasive procedures to help our patients get back to their desired level of activity as quickly as possible.

As a sub-specialist in the area of shoulder surgery, we care for a variety of injuries about the shoulder. We have extensive experience in all facets of shoulder surgery from arthroscopic procedures and reconstructions, to rotator cuff repairs and traditional as well as reverse total shoulder replacements.

In addition, over the last ten years he has developed a high level of expertise in the area of hip arthroscopy and is one of only a few physicians in the country that is well-versed in the arthroscopic techniques of femoral neck impingement, pincer impingement and hip labral repairs. He is an internationally-recognized expert in the field and has written textbooks on the subject.

The Southern California Orthopedic Institute is a tertiary referral center for complex sports medicine and shoulder problems. The majority of his patients, however, are average people working a regular job and participating in sports at many levels. We look forward to meeting you in the office.

Dr. Guanche's Care Philosophy

Dr. Guanche says...

I am a pioneer in the development of hip arthroscopy and the treatment of many conditions around the hip in a minimally invasive fashion.  In addition, I am the first person to develop endoscopic surgery for hamstring repairs.  My techniques are being employed around the world to improve the care of these injuries.

I also have extensive experience with the replacement of shoulders andwith reverse total shoulder replacements.

Dr. Guanche says...

Hip arthroscopy including labral repair and femoral neck resection

Shoulder arthroscopy

Hamstring repairs (open and endoscopic)

Total shoulder replacement

Reverse total shoulder replacement

Knee arthroscopy

Shoulder reconstruction

Total hip replacement  (anterior)

Dr. Guanche says...

We take all comments seriously.

Dr. Guanche's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Guanche has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Guanche's Board Certifications

• Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.