Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD

Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Van Nuys, CA and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from University of Miami / School of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

6815 Noble Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91405

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Guanche

See how frequently Dr. Guanche performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Arthroscopy
Joint Pain
Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement

Dr. Guanche's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Guanche's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Guanche "Our practice is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic injuries. We specialize in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the hip, shoulder and hamstrings. We also manage shoulder and rotator cuff problems, shoulder replacements and reverse shoulder replacements. Our mission is to provide the latest and most current treatment to our patients, most of who can be managed non-surgically. When surgery is indicated, we specialize in the most advanced, cutting-edge, minimally invasive procedures to help our patients get back to their desired level of activity as quickly as possible. As a sub-specialist in the area of shoulder surgery, we care for a variety of injuries about the shoulder. We have extensive experience in all facets of shoulder surgery from arthroscopic procedures and reconstructions, to rotator cuff repairs and traditional as well as reverse total shoulder replacements. In addition, over the last ten years he has developed a high level of expertise in the area of hip arthroscopy and is one of only a few physicians in the country that is well-versed in the arthroscopic techniques of femoral neck impingement, pincer impingement and hip labral repairs. He is an internationally-recognized expert in the field and has written textbooks on the subject. The Southern California Orthopedic Institute is a tertiary referral center for complex sports medicine and shoulder problems. The majority of his patients, however, are average people working a regular job and participating in sports at many levels. We look forward to meeting you in the office."

This content was provided by Dr. Guanche "At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world."

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of Miami
  • Albert Einstein Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Minneapolis Sports Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Guanche has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Guanche's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guanche to family and friends

Dr. Guanche's Performance

Dr. Guanche Says:
"

We take all comments seriously.

If you have concerns with my practice, please call my office directly and asked to speak with me.  Any complaints will be Confidential.

"

Dr Guanche did a labral repair for me 5 years ago, I have had chronic pain for the last 5 years and now I have to undergo a my h more extensive surgery because of his poor practice, bedside care and lack of compassion or skill. I don't recommend him to my worst enemy.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Most definitely. He, as well as, office staff were amazing. Always returned my calls and always answered my continuous questions.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Guanche and his staff are amazing! I was freaking out about having hip replacement surgery but not only did they take their time explaining the procedure and make me feel comfortable. Not just that...but it turned out amazing. One week out and I’m almost better than I was before! And the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Wow!!!! I cannot believe how incredible Dr. Guanche and his team performed my full shoulder replacement procedure. They remind me of a well oiled machine, as on point as a "Nas-Car" pit crew. They are no joke! I guess the best words to describe them would be, professional, skillful, accurate,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Might very well be the best doctor of any kind that I’ve ever seen. Anyone familiar with my long and storied medical history would understand this is as huge a recommendation as they get.
Are you Dr. Guanche?