Dr. Carlos A. Guanche, MD

Dr. Carlos A. Guanche, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 55 years old

133 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Guanche's Experience

See how Dr. Guanche's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Guanche

Dr. Guanche accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Guanche has admitting privileges.

Dr. Guanche's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guanche to family and friends
Dr. Guanche Says:

We take all comments seriously.

If you have concerns with my practice, please call my office directly and asked to speak with me.  Any complaints will be Confidential.

Dr. Guanche's Performance
San Dimas, CA |
The whole team was very nice, and Dr. Gaunche diagnosed the problem right away, and answered all questions unhurriedly.
in Sherman Oaks |
I can't say enough about the amazing experience I had. Dr. Guanche and his team are amazing and my knee surgery and rehabilitation went very smoothly. Dr. Guanche is attentive, personable and truly takes him time to explain every aspect of your diagnosis and treatment. Total ease to schedule appointments and the entire staff is extremely friendly.
in santa maria,ca |
Dr. Guanche is professional,thorough, empathetic and is precise on what he needs to do. His team of people who work with him ALL are informed of your situation and are capable of answering any questions. I had peace of mind and reassurance knowing I was in good hands.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Guanche is my only choice for orthopedic hip, knee and shoulder surgery. I have a lot of joint issues so I've had my right hip, knee, shoulder and left shoulder all repaired by Dr. Guanche in the last 10 years. He and his staff a outstanding. He never suggests surgery first. He always tries PT or maybe a cortisone shot. Only when quality of life is an issue will he discuss surgery. Each pre-op, surgery, post-op and recovery has been perfect.
Long Beach, CA |
I have seen a countless amounts of doctors and have had many surgeries and this entire experience is the best experience that I have ever had. Dr. Guanche is truly wonderful. Any questions that you may have are answered immediately (and I had many) and they are answered in a thorough manner. The surgery and the care by far exceeded my expectations. I can't even see where my incisions were. My hip arthroscopy went very well.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Guanche is great. Very experienced and knowledgeable in his field and kind and patient with his patients.
Ferndale, WA |
I'm 15 yrs old and needed hip surgery for FAI and labral tear due to a sports injury. We knew about Dr Guanche because 7 years ago he successfully repaired both my mom's hips as well as my aunts hip from FAI and labral tears as well. Dr Guanche was great to work with. He made me feel comfortable, and he gave me confidence that I would be able to play sports again. I woke up from surgery feeling good, and have been recovering really quickly. Thank you Dr Guanche!
San Diego, CA |
Just had my second hip surgery by Dr Guanche. He is great. Very kind and personable. Amazing at what he does
Ventura, CA |
I only saw Dr. Guanche a couple times but he made me feel very comfortable and easily answered all my questions.
in Fresno, CA |
I have chosen to travel 4 hours to see Dr. Guanche because I knew that he was a great surgeon and my previous experience with him and his team was very good. He has done everything he can to accommodate the distance and still provide me me with great care. I have quick and easy access to him and his team and they are very good about responding. I will choose him as my surgeon again should the need arise!
North Hollywood, CA |
I was very happy to find Dr.Guanche, I find it extremely helpful that he speaks my language...he is very caring and explains everything in a way you understand and feel secure about your procedure!!!
in Temecula, CA |
Dr. Gauche is the best. My situation was simple, here it is. Seventeen weeks of sciatic nerve entrapment and pain 8/10. Consulted six doctors and tried various medications with little relief. Dr. Guanche surgically decompressed the nerve and I have been pain-free since waking up in post op. He's a real pro!
in Westlake Village, CA |
Dr. Guanche is a superstar among orthopedic doctors. I "doctor shopped" three other doctors before I found him and was enthusiastically referred to by a previous patient. He is easy to talk to and offers unalloyed information about your condition, pre and post operation. His team follows up religiously and there is little waiting time. I recommend him to anyone who is contemplating orthopedic surgery. He is the best.
in Granada Hills, CA |
Excellent staff and care .Very good follow up .
in Northridge, CA |
Dr. Guanche was my 2nd opinion Dr. and after speaking to him, I felt very confident to go ahead with my procedure. He seemed to assure me that he had done my procedure many times before which really gave me confidence. And, best of all, I am doing very well with my recovery, even better than anticipated. Thank you also to the SCOI surgery center who were very professional.
Sherman Oaks, CA |
Never seems rushed.........always take all the time needed to explain procedures to me.....and to answer all my questions.
in Ojai, CA |
Caring ,simple,informative ,professional
in Beverly Hills, CA |
First and foremost he's a phenomenal surgeon. Secondly, he's a nice guy with great people skills. Too many Drs out there have zero bedside manners.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
I just had arthroscopic hip surgery with Dr. Guanche and I'm so pleased! It's been just 2 weeks (today) since the surgery; I never had to take pain medicine, the scar is healing beautifully, and Dr. Guanche has always been the consummate professional, while also being kind and caring. I had full confidence in him before the surgery, based on my earlier appointments, which included cortisone shots. I couldn't recommend him more highly.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
My experience with Dr. Guanche and his team of professionals was extremely positive. This was an experience made much better by the excellent and supportive care that I received from this group, and I would not hesitate to recommend this office to anyone.
in Oak Park, CA |
This is my second surgery performed by Dr Guanche and if that isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is. He is a true professional, and very personable and easy to talk to. I wish he was a neighbor.
in Paso Robles, CA |
This is my second surgery with Dr Guanche and although the recovery this time isn't as easy as last, I can't complain. Dr Guanche and the team he uses are professional, courteous, compassionate, prompt, and know their jobs. I travel nearly four hours to get this service and will continue to do so in the future when it's time for my next upcoming surgery. Hands down, no question the best treatment I've ever had.
in Canyon Country, CA |
Dr Guanche is the kindest most caring Dr I've ever been too, if you want the best he is the very best
in Ventura, CA |
Dr. Guanche is very kind and knowledgeable. I tried for 2 years to figure out why I was having so much hip pain. He figured it out confidently in just a few minutes. I am only 2 weeks post op, but feeling very hopeful that I will have a lot of pain relief once healed.
in San Francisco, Ca |
Destroyed my hamstring. Two revisions required. Destroyed my friend's hamstring- one revision required. Terrible judgment- stay away.
Beverly Hills, CA |
Very personable and i felt confident going in. I've had two surgeries with him and they have been relatively easy.
in Valley Village, CA |
Dr. Guanche's commitment was providing expertise throughout my care and surgeries. He shows great kindness, patience, and professionalism, always willing to answer any questions I had over the course my treatment. My surgeries have resulted in really positive and seamless recovery, follow up care is spot on, he has a great system of daily checkin's post surgically, leaving you with a true sense of being cared for and connected to him and his staff. A remarkable & life changing experience for me!
in Ketchum, ID |
Dr. Guanche cares about the whole patient,. I was not just another hip to him or his staff. They are all concerned with the patient having not only a great surgical outcome... But a good recovery. I felt very valued and considered and heard. Dr. Guanche and his whole staff are exceptional. It didn't hurt that they all also had a good sense of humor...i would recommend Dr. Guanche 100% and i would return to him myself in a heart beat. Mary G
Canyon Country, CA |
These people are truthfully as good as it gets. Dr Guanche conducts a finely tuned orchestra of brilliant healers. I walk today because of him.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Wonderful and Friendly Staff! Very clean environment! Never problem with scheduling! Never have to wait! When I have arrived early because I am coming from out of town, the have always worked me in! Bianca has been amazingly helpful! She is always so friendly and answers all my questions. I love the HealthLoop system!
in Los Alamos, CA |
This was the best doctor I could have ever asked for. He treated my hip injury with excellent care & expertise.
in Palmdale, CA |
4 friends from my area had either gotten their own surgery or kids' surgeries and finally convinced me to see him. Well worth it. Had arthroscopy of my knee and it was very quick and healing well. Will be doing hip surgery within the next 2 months and sure he will do as excellent a job. Very kind and listens to your concerns, doesn't try to rush you through and extremely quick to come to the room once you are sent in for apointments. Wonderful! I will be telling even more people how great he is!
Have you seen Dr. Carlos A. Guanche, MD?
Are you Dr. Guanche?

Dr. Guanche says...

Our practice is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic injuries. We specialize in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the hip, shoulder and hamstrings. We also manage shoulder and rotator cuff problems, shoulder replacements and reverse shoulder replacements. Our mission is to provide the latest and most current treatment to our patients, most of who can be managed non-surgically. When surgery is indicated, we specialize in the most advanced, cutting-edge, minimally invasive procedures to help our patients get back to their desired level of activity as quickly as possible.

As a sub-specialist in the area of shoulder surgery, we care for a variety of injuries about the shoulder. We have extensive experience in all facets of shoulder surgery from arthroscopic procedures and reconstructions, to rotator cuff repairs and traditional as well as reverse total shoulder replacements.

In addition, over the last ten years he has developed a high level of expertise in the area of hip arthroscopy and is one of only a few physicians in the country that is well-versed in the arthroscopic techniques of femoral neck impingement, pincer impingement and hip labral repairs. He is an internationally-recognized expert in the field and has written textbooks on the subject.

The Southern California Orthopedic Institute is a tertiary referral center for complex sports medicine and shoulder problems. The majority of his patients, however, are average people working a regular job and participating in sports at many levels. We look forward to meeting you in the office.

Dr. Guanche's Care Philosophy

Dr. Guanche says...

I am a pioneer in the development of hip arthroscopy and the treatment of many conditions around the hip in a minimally invasive fashion.  In addition, I am the first person to develop endoscopic surgery for hamstring repairs.  My techniques are being employed around the world to improve the care of these injuries.

I also have extensive experience with the replacement of shoulders andwith reverse total shoulder replacements.

Dr. Guanche says...

Hip arthroscopy including labral repair and femoral neck resection

Shoulder arthroscopy

Hamstring repairs (open and endoscopic)

Total shoulder replacement

Reverse total shoulder replacement

Knee arthroscopy

Shoulder reconstruction

Total hip replacement  (anterior)

Dr. Guanche says...

We take all comments seriously.

Dr. Guanche's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Guanche has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Guanche's Board Certifications