Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 61

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Van Nuys, CA and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Miami / School of Medicine|University Of Miami School Of Medicine in 1987. He is affiliated with Valley Presbyterian Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

6815 Noble Ave # 200 Van Nuys, CA 91405
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Guanche with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Guanche's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Guanche

Right Labrum Hip Repair
Dr. Guanche and Michelle are excellent! They are easy to talk to and incredibly helpful. We were able to set up visits and appointments fairly easily and always answered all of my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Guanche and Michelle!
Jan 19, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
The pre and post care is excellent.
I have had both knees and both hips replaced prior to my shoulder being replaced by Dr. Guanche. The care received form him and his team was excellent. My recovery has been rapid and I couldn't be happier. I can't believe I waited so long to do it. The advancements in shoulder surgery has advanced leaps and bounds in the past 10 years. My boyfriend has had 5 shoulder surgeries from football injuries and he is astounded at my recovery. I can't thank you enough Dr. Guanche. I have been walking around in pain for 20 years. Not any more!
Ve Neill – Jan 01, 2023
Happy patient !
Very competent staff and extremely efficient operation. The best bedside manner of the surgeons I met with. Dr Guanche and staff were all great at answering all my questions.
Dec 28, 2022
Dr Guanche was great.
Dr. Guanche was great about checking in on my paid and healing.
Nov 27, 2022
Scott Nunez
All of my visits with Dr Guanche and his staff have been positive, honest and informative. His bedside manner and humility gave me a sense of security when I needed it the most. They have always been very responsive to any and all questions when asked.
Scott Nunez – Oct 19, 2022
Very satisfied patient
This is the second surgery that Dr. Guanche has performed on me; shoulder this time, hip the last time. I am very happy with the results and the care I have received from him and his entire staff, from the reception to the surgical team. Outstanding!!
Satisfied and grateful – Oct 18, 2022
Exceptional care and treatment
Dr. Guanche has done several surgeries for me. Each and every time I know I am getting the best of care from a compassionate and highly skilled expert in his field. His team of staff, scheduling coordinator and Physician Assistants are all committed to my well being and successful results during my care. My key to successful recoveries has been Dr Guanches’ expertise and my commitment to my successful recovery.
Mary L. – Aug 17, 2022
Hip replacement
From my initial consultation to the day of the surgery Dr. Guanche and staff were very thorough and explained what to expect every step of the way. Was up and walking hours after the replacement. Was a bit rough the first week, but after that the improvement was seen daily thereafter. There was no pain from the surgery itself, just mainly from muscle stretching, but again, working with PT it too improved on a daily basis. Two and a half weeks post op an using a cane and basically can function as before with some limitations. Over all this will be one of the best things I could have done to help improve my quality of life for the future.
Ron C – Aug 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
Dr. Guanche and his team are the best!
I found Dr. Guanche after 3 failed arthroscopic surgeries on my right hip. He was very empathetic listening to my history and recommended a fourth arthroscopy. Unfortunately, the surgery revealed that I had arthritis in my hip at an unusually young age. Every doctor that I had seen to this point would not even consider a replacement due to my age. Dr. Guanche, however, knew that this was my only option. I am so grateful to have found a doctor who did not want me to be in pain for the next 10-15 years simply because I’m “too young.” I’m currently 2 weeks post-op from my total hip and I’m feeling amazing! I highly recommend Dr. Guanche!
Aug 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
Extremely informative. He listens to Questions and concerns…Always positive and supportive. His staff is amazing and very attentive. He’s the best !!!!!
Jul 20, 2022
Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD Orthopedic Sugery
Reverse Right Shoulder Replacement two weeks post op. Dr. Guanche and his team are though and professional. The treatment I am receiving is exceptional. Doctor or someone from his team continue to check in on me every day weekends included, making sure I am doing well and out of pain. When I have questions that need Immediate attention they were always available to answer . As of now I am able to move my arm and shoulder minimally- with mild pain. I did my homework before I had the surgery and was told this is the worst surgery possible the recovery is Iong and horrible . This does not seem to be the case . Dr Guanche is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend.
Robin m – Jul 14, 2022
Dr Guanche
Dr Guanche has the best bedside manner and takes his time and really listens to all your questions and concerns.
Jodie Rasmussen – Jun 21, 2022
Total Hip Replacement
Dr Guanche explained the procedure to so I was able to understand it. He answered all my questions. He reassured me on the day of surgery. Saw me after surgery and let me know how everything went. He even called me the day after to check on me and answer any questions I had. At my post op, he again was very encouraging and answered all of my questions.
Jun 20, 2022
Hip scope 2
Dr Guanche has done hip arthroscopic surgery on each of my hips now. The first side was about 5 years ago was and still feels great. Started having the same symptoms on the other side so I came back again for scope and labral repair again. I am a couple weeks into recovery now. Hopeful for the future and believe I will be back doing stuff like I was before.
S Henriksen – Jun 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
My experience in all areas as been amazing.
Eddie Doty – May 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
Dr Guanche and his staff are very professional and always helpful. I felt that Dr Guanche was direct and honest with diagnosis and explained and re explained anything to me I did not understand. I am very grateful and thankful for the experience I had with him and his team.
Gretchen Eslinger – Apr 03, 2022
Wonderful Doctor
There are not enough wonderful words to describe how fabulously gifted Dr. Guanche is. I am only three weeks now with my total hip replacement and I’m back teaching at the University, walking, going on outings… it’s incredible. Dr. Guanche has a miraculous touch and gentleness. He is so warm - it’s quite extraordinary to find a surgeon with this much brilliance and still be such a kind person with the most endearing bedside manor. I recommend him to everyone- and you don’t even have to wait long in the waiting room. He runs his office like clockwork! The best of course is my new hip. When I need my next hip done Dr. Guanche will do it. He’s the only one I trust completely!!!
Yvette Gellis – Mar 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
Dr. Guanche is an amazing doctor and surgeon. He is always attentive and listens well during visits. I've had 4 surgeries with him and all have yielded great results. My hip replacement was a total success, and I was walking (slowly) without a walker in 15 days. I'm now recovering from shoulder replacement surgery which I had at their surgery center called COSI. The staff is top notch and takes great care of you before, during, and after your procedure. It's been 2 weeks post-op, and it hasn't been easy. But I know after I recover I'll be in better shape than before thanks to Dr. Guanche.
  • Long wait times
Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
I had a total hip replacement on the right side with Dr. Guanche 4 years ago. I had such a great experience that I went back to have him do my hip replacement on the left side 2 weeks ago. I have had a quick recovery and he made everything easy for me. He is also very personable and happy to explain everything. Highly recommend Dr. Guanche for hip surgery.
Ellen Baker – Nov 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
Great guy and great surgeon. Everything played out exactly as explained. Hip feels great just two weeks from surgery.
John Havens – Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Guanche?