Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD
Our practice is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic injuries. We specialize in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the hip, shoulder and hamstrings. We also manage shoulder and rotator cuff problems, shoulder replacements and reverse shoulder replacements. Our mission is to provide the latest and most current treatment to our patients, most of who can be managed non-surgically. When surgery is indicated, we specialize in the most advanced, cutting-edge, minimally invasive procedures to help our patients get back to their desired level of activity as quickly as possible. As a sub-specialist in the area of shoulder surgery, we care for a variety of injuries about the shoulder. We have extensive experience in all facets of shoulder surgery from arthroscopic procedures and reconstructions, to rotator cuff repairs and traditional as well as reverse total shoulder replacements. In addition, over the last ten years he has developed a high level of expertise in the area of hip arthroscopy and is one of only a few physicians in the country that is well-versed in the arthroscopic techniques of femoral neck impingement, pincer impingement and hip labral repairs. He is an internationally-recognized expert in the field and has written textbooks on the subject. The Southern California Orthopedic Institute is a tertiary referral center for complex sports medicine and shoulder problems. The majority of his patients, however, are average people working a regular job and participating in sports at many levels. We look forward to meeting you in the office.

6815 Noble Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91405

Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Guanche

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

Dr. Guanche's Experience

Dr. Guanche's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Miami
  • Albert Einstein Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Minneapolis Sports Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Guanche has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Guanche's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guanche to family and friends
Dr. Guanche Says:

We take all comments seriously.

If you have concerns with my practice, please call my office directly and asked to speak with me.  Any complaints will be Confidential.

Dr. Guanche's Performance
Arroyo Grande, CA |
Dr. Guanche is excellent in every area. Obviously he is an excellent surgeon, but he also has a fantastic bedside manner. I felt I was always able to get my questions answered and he listened to my concerns.
in Park CIty, Utah |
Dr. Guanche is more than a gifted physician and surgeon, he's also a caring & compassionate human who took time to connect with me and ensure I had every question answered prior to, and after, my hip replacement. He was professional, supportive, and built a confidence in me that I know resulted in the best and fastest possible recovery process. I have already recommended him to a friend in California - and I live in Utah! I traveled a long way for Dr. Guanche's expertise. And it was worth it!
in Bakersfield, CA |
This is the best Doctor ever- thank God I was referred to him. Great hospital experience as well- the staff was wonderful. You are in good hands with this Dr.
in Rosamond, CA |
From the moment we walked in we were greeted with kindness and professionalism. All of my questions were answered. I loved the health loop as it provided me discipline to continue what lead to a remarkable recovery. I am now going up and down stairs, stepping onto curbs and have resumed my daily walks (which I missed greatly). Dr. Guanche and his staff made me feel part of their team to my recovery. I would HIGHLY recommend any hesitant future patients to take the leap to recovery :D
in Santa Clarita |
He was excellent and did a very good job . Kept up with my healing process everyday I was blessed to have him.
in Calabasas, CA |
I had two hip scopes done and I couldn't be happier. I was nervous the first time since I didn't know what to expect but I had little pain during recovery and was immediately able to use my right leg for my daily activities. I did the left side next and it turned out to have extensive damage. I needed an anchor. My recovery was remarkably fast. I feel so lucky that I was able to have these procedures done by Dr. Guanche and his team. I had been living with so much pain and now it's gone.
in Camarillo, CA |
I've had a great experience with Dr. Guanche. He and his staff have always been very professional. The aftercare is great and make you feel confident of your progress. Always there to help or answer any questions
in Calabasas, CA |
Awesome experience on my hip labrum repair. Super easy , very minimal pain. Love the daily portal for checking in and got very prompt answers. Finally a nagging 9 year issue repaired. DR. Guanche came highly recommended from my back doctor. Very impressed.
in Lancaster, CA |
I am SO GLAD that Dr. Guanche accepted me as a patient. He and his team were phenomenal. His coordinator Audrey went above and beyond to assist me when my doctors office fell short of delivering needed requirements prior to my surgery. I have completed my labral hip repair surgery with little to no pain and little to no swelling. Was up and mobile after 48 hours. Driving in a week and a half. Able to go up and down stairs with crutches and slept comfortably. Healed very quickly and very well!
in Valencia, CA |
Dr. Guanche explains exactly what will occur. He and his staff are friendly and provide a relaxing feeling the pre operation steps and post operative stage. Highly recommended.
in Woodland Hills, CA |
First, Dr Guanche is a great guy! He really cared about me and my treatment. He took the time to answer all of my questions before and after my surgery and the procedure went perfectly. I am moving better and I less pain only week after surgery and getting better every day. I only have good things to saw about Dr Guanche and his practice.
in California City, CA |
This office and team are very professional and compassionate to my condition. I wouldn't have wanted to be treated at any other facility.
Los Angeles, CA |
I have already begun to talk to frends and acquaintences about how helpful he has been in my care .
in Madera, CA |
Amazing experience. Surgery was over quickly. I went under about 9:00am and was awake with a new shoulder by 10:15am. Healing has gone smoothly. Minimal pain. Two weeks after surgery scar is pain free and already fading. Arm is becoming more usable daily.
Tehachapi, CA |
Found something on my MRI that stay Dr didn't find. I. Felt better after 2 days post up
in La Crescenta, CA |
My experience with Dr. Guance and SCOI has been very positive. He is an extremely skilled surgeon and has a very encouraging and pleasant personality. The patient portal online is a fantastic way to ask questions and get immediate answers. I never felt rushed or ignored and I feel like I continue to be in good hands.
in Ridgecrest, CA |
Dr. Guanche is amazing! Not only is he a great surgeon, but he is also very personable and kind! He definitely makes you feel very comfortable in a stressful situation (surgery). He did arthroscopic labral repairs on both of my hips. I highly recommend him to anyone having hip issues!
in Van Nuys, CA |
I've been a patient at Dr Guanche's office for about 5 years and I have always felt like I was in good hands. He has always been honest and clear about my conditions and spot on with treatment. I recently had sugery and particularly liked the HealthLoop App that allows patients to stay connected with their doctor and the whole team immediately after surgery and through the next two weeks. It was cool to get a reminder from the app to check in & ask questions about the recovery process
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr gauanche and all the scoi staff are friendly and the best in the industry. If you want your surgery to be done by the best then go to scoi.
in Lancaster, CA |
I had been with another doctor through one surgery all ready, but I was beginning to feel crazy because I still had the same pain I had before the surgery and he wasn't finding the source. ONE TRIP to Dr. Guanche and he figured out exactly what was wrong and it explained every single one of the symptoms I was having. I about cried with joy that there really was a reason for my pain all this time. I highly recommend him and his team.
in Northridge, CA |
Knowledgeable and friendly, same goes for his staff, with a special shout out to Audrey. No regrets in choosing him to do my total shoulder replacement.
in Visalia, CA |
Dr Guanche was very thorough in looking at my multiple injuries. He has a wonderful bedside manner, made my husband and I feel very comfortable with him. Now that the surgery is complete, I can say that he also does a wonderful job. he took as much time as I needed for him to answer my, and my husbands questions before the surgery. He didn't seem to be in a hurry to get out of the room, or that we were bothering him with all our questions. he has still maintained his kind professionalism
in Santa Maria, CA |
I have had several procedures for my knees. My experiences with these procedures has been just satisfactory or even less than satisfactory. My experience with Dr. Guanche has been very professional and yet he makes it personal when you visit him and his team. I would recommend him very highly as he has made my experience the best it could be. Thank you Dr. Guanche!
Westkake Village CA |
Dr. Guanche and his team were very organized, friendly and helpful. My arthroscopic hip surgery went well and my pre-operative pain/symptoms were gone immediately. I did not take any pain medicine after leaving the Surgicenter.
in Tulare, CA |
I work for an orthopod here in Visalia, and chose to seek treatment with Dr. Guanche, as I was told he is "the best" for hip issues. Seeking treatment with Dr. Guanche was one of the best decisions I have made. He knew exactly what my problem was within 5 minutes in my exam room. Never have I felt so confident in a provider before. The entire staff was amazing as well! I will recommend him to all of my family and friends.
in Moorpark, CA |
Very pleasent manner. Does not rush you in and out, and gives a complete and understandable explanation of the procedure. Has replaced both of my shoulders with a very successful result. He also successfully repaired the shoulders on my nephew and granddaughter. I recommend him to everyone I know that has a problem.
in Canyon Country, CA |
Great! Great surgeon, good with office visits. Speaks to patients and explains everything in easy to understand terms. He also has a wonderful surgical staff who are knowledgeable and friendly to help ease any fear of surgery you may have.
in Grover Beach, CA |
Dr. Guanche is a true professional with a caring bedside manner you'll unfortunately not always find. He's knowledgeable, a great listener, and thorough. Your lucky if he's your doctor! Julie
San Dimas, CA |
The whole team was very nice, and Dr. Gaunche diagnosed the problem right away, and answered all questions unhurriedly.
in Sherman Oaks |
I can't say enough about the amazing experience I had. Dr. Guanche and his team are amazing and my knee surgery and rehabilitation went very smoothly. Dr. Guanche is attentive, personable and truly takes him time to explain every aspect of your diagnosis and treatment. Total ease to schedule appointments and the entire staff is extremely friendly.
in santa maria,ca |
Dr. Guanche is professional,thorough, empathetic and is precise on what he needs to do. His team of people who work with him ALL are informed of your situation and are capable of answering any questions. I had peace of mind and reassurance knowing I was in good hands.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Guanche is my only choice for orthopedic hip, knee and shoulder surgery. I have a lot of joint issues so I've had my right hip, knee, shoulder and left shoulder all repaired by Dr. Guanche in the last 10 years. He and his staff a outstanding. He never suggests surgery first. He always tries PT or maybe a cortisone shot. Only when quality of life is an issue will he discuss surgery. Each pre-op, surgery, post-op and recovery has been perfect.
Long Beach, CA |
I have seen a countless amounts of doctors and have had many surgeries and this entire experience is the best experience that I have ever had. Dr. Guanche is truly wonderful. Any questions that you may have are answered immediately (and I had many) and they are answered in a thorough manner. The surgery and the care by far exceeded my expectations. I can't even see where my incisions were. My hip arthroscopy went very well.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Guanche is great. Very experienced and knowledgeable in his field and kind and patient with his patients.
Ferndale, WA |
I'm 15 yrs old and needed hip surgery for FAI and labral tear due to a sports injury. We knew about Dr Guanche because 7 years ago he successfully repaired both my mom's hips as well as my aunts hip from FAI and labral tears as well. Dr Guanche was great to work with. He made me feel comfortable, and he gave me confidence that I would be able to play sports again. I woke up from surgery feeling good, and have been recovering really quickly. Thank you Dr Guanche!
San Diego, CA |
Just had my second hip surgery by Dr Guanche. He is great. Very kind and personable. Amazing at what he does
Ventura, CA |
I only saw Dr. Guanche a couple times but he made me feel very comfortable and easily answered all my questions.
in Fresno, CA |
I have chosen to travel 4 hours to see Dr. Guanche because I knew that he was a great surgeon and my previous experience with him and his team was very good. He has done everything he can to accommodate the distance and still provide me me with great care. I have quick and easy access to him and his team and they are very good about responding. I will choose him as my surgeon again should the need arise!
North Hollywood, CA |
I was very happy to find Dr.Guanche, I find it extremely helpful that he speaks my language...he is very caring and explains everything in a way you understand and feel secure about your procedure!!!
in Temecula, CA |
Dr. Gauche is the best. My situation was simple, here it is. Seventeen weeks of sciatic nerve entrapment and pain 8/10. Consulted six doctors and tried various medications with little relief. Dr. Guanche surgically decompressed the nerve and I have been pain-free since waking up in post op. He's a real pro!
in Westlake Village, CA |
Dr. Guanche is a superstar among orthopedic doctors. I "doctor shopped" three other doctors before I found him and was enthusiastically referred to by a previous patient. He is easy to talk to and offers unalloyed information about your condition, pre and post operation. His team follows up religiously and there is little waiting time. I recommend him to anyone who is contemplating orthopedic surgery. He is the best.
in Granada Hills, CA |
Excellent staff and care .Very good follow up .
in Northridge, CA |
Dr. Guanche was my 2nd opinion Dr. and after speaking to him, I felt very confident to go ahead with my procedure. He seemed to assure me that he had done my procedure many times before which really gave me confidence. And, best of all, I am doing very well with my recovery, even better than anticipated. Thank you also to the SCOI surgery center who were very professional.
Sherman Oaks, CA |
Never seems rushed.........always take all the time needed to explain procedures to me.....and to answer all my questions.
in Ojai, CA |
Caring ,simple,informative ,professional
in Beverly Hills, CA |
First and foremost he's a phenomenal surgeon. Secondly, he's a nice guy with great people skills. Too many Drs out there have zero bedside manners.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
I just had arthroscopic hip surgery with Dr. Guanche and I'm so pleased! It's been just 2 weeks (today) since the surgery; I never had to take pain medicine, the scar is healing beautifully, and Dr. Guanche has always been the consummate professional, while also being kind and caring. I had full confidence in him before the surgery, based on my earlier appointments, which included cortisone shots. I couldn't recommend him more highly.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
My experience with Dr. Guanche and his team of professionals was extremely positive. This was an experience made much better by the excellent and supportive care that I received from this group, and I would not hesitate to recommend this office to anyone.
in Oak Park, CA |
This is my second surgery performed by Dr Guanche and if that isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is. He is a true professional, and very personable and easy to talk to. I wish he was a neighbor.
in Paso Robles, CA |
This is my second surgery with Dr Guanche and although the recovery this time isn't as easy as last, I can't complain. Dr Guanche and the team he uses are professional, courteous, compassionate, prompt, and know their jobs. I travel nearly four hours to get this service and will continue to do so in the future when it's time for my next upcoming surgery. Hands down, no question the best treatment I've ever had.
Have you seen Dr. Carlos Guanche, MD?
Are you Dr. Guanche?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Guanche

Dr. Guanche accepts 7 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net