Dr. Carlos Borge, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 66

Dr. Borge

Borge Carlos MD

80 S Tuttle Ave Ste 110 Sarasota, FL 34237

Dr. Carlos Borge, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Sarasota, FL and has over 44 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Universidad De Guadalajara, Centro Universitario De Ciencias De La Salud medical school in 1977. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Borge to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Borge's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Borge accepts

Dr. Borge's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Borge

3.6

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Borge?
  • Office environment (15)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (13)
  • Explained conditions well (13)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
Told me to see a psychologist if I needed to discuss my problems and required me to make an appointment every 3 months even though I had been on the same medication for years.
Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Over-prescribes heavily, was put on medication that did not fit my inaccurate diagnosis and left me with permanent side-effects. Failed to do any physiological testing to explore the medical reasons for my symptoms and refused to acknowledge the validity of any PNI research.
Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Dr. Borge cares for my children. Our lives were in chaos before Dr. Borge, when pediatricians "with a special interest in behavior problems" were diagnosing and treating my children. Dr. Borge thoroughly and compassionately and correctly diagnosed my children, without being overwhelmed like other doctors who tried, and he carefully monitored their response to treatment. My children's care is complex, but I left each appointment armed with knowledge and a sense of the "bigger picture" to be th
Donna in Sarasota, FL – Sep 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Dr Borge is hard to review. He's smart and kind. But he will over drug you. He doesn't know how to deprescribe. If you have an emergency he will help. He pushes too many drugs though. I don't know. I wouldn't send anyone there but I think he's well intended. His over prescribing almost killed me and disabled me for years. But he did help with some paperwork. Hard to say.
Venice, FL – Sep 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Borge for over 4 years. He helped me from a situation where I was misdiagnosed and on inadequate medication to being more stable than I believed was possible. He is very good at explaining med choices and listens to concerns. He is very good at responding and dealing with a crisis situation during and after his normal office hours. He even *encourages* me to call him after hours if I'm having a problem. A great doctor.
Bradenton, FL – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
I am met with at least a dozen psychiatrists. Dr. Borge is without question, the best. He is simply very good at what he does. And he is a nice guy.
adhd dave in Sarasota, FL – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Borge?

• Psychiatry