Dr. Carlos Borge, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 67

Psychiatry

Dr. Carlos Borge, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Sarasota, FL and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Universidad De Guadalajara, Centro Universitario De Ciencias De La Salud medical school in 1977. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Carlos Borge, MD

Borge Carlos MD

80 S Tuttle Ave Ste 110 Sarasota, FL 34237 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Borge's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Borge accepts

Dr. Borge's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Borge

3.5

Dr. Borge

Dr. Borge is professional, and thorough. I feel very comfortable with him. Unfortunately it me 30 years to find him and finally get the correct diagnosis and treatment. Changed my life. Definitely recommend.
K – Feb 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
You WILL probably like him when you meet him and his office is nice. Unfortunately, I'm disabled for life because of this doctor. Doesn't believe in iatrogenic harm, yet causes it constantly. He's very nice at first, but he's absolutely reckless and dangerous with the prescribing. A lot of psychiatry is like this, but he's an overmedication station, clueless about risk. No informed consent, the pillar of ethical medicine, is possible because of his total lack of awareness. Shouldn't be licensed and owes a lot of people money for their destroyed life and health.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Michelle – Jan 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Finally a good, knowledgeable, patient, thorough, kind doctor. It took me 35 years to find him.
Alison Paris – Jan 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
He was kind, but within less than a 30-minute appt, with little to no family or personal history, I was deemed severely and persistently mentally ill, hospitalized and heavily medicated-at age 28. He was indeed very kind w an appealing demeanor and appearance; but what my current doctor and I now understand: my breakdown was a severe trauma reaction that needed understanding and comprehensive trauma treatment--instead of all the varying prescriptions, which did not stop the fears and panic attacks. In retrospect, I should have seen a woman doctor specializing in eating disorders/trauma and been hospitalized elsewhere. In the end of 4 yrs treatment, I learned Dr Borge had been disingenuous with me rather than truly understanding. The diagnosis I lived w for so very long has stigmatized me terribly and also negativity impacted the lives of my children.
Sep 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Told me to see a psychologist if I needed to discuss my problems and required me to make an appointment every 3 months even though I had been on the same medication for years.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Over-prescribes heavily, was put on medication that did not fit my inaccurate diagnosis and left me with permanent side-effects. Failed to do any physiological testing to explore the medical reasons for my symptoms and refused to acknowledge the validity of any PNI research.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Dr. Borge cares for my children. Our lives were in chaos before Dr. Borge, when pediatricians "with a special interest in behavior problems" were diagnosing and treating my children. Dr. Borge thoroughly and compassionately and correctly diagnosed my children, without being overwhelmed like other doctors who tried, and he carefully monitored their response to treatment. My children's care is complex, but I left each appointment armed with knowledge and a sense of the "bigger picture" to be th
Donna in Sarasota, FL – Sep 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
Dr Borge is hard to review. He's smart and kind. But he will over drug you. He doesn't know how to deprescribe. If you have an emergency he will help. He pushes too many drugs though. I don't know. I wouldn't send anyone there but I think he's well intended. His over prescribing almost killed me and disabled me for years. But he did help with some paperwork. Hard to say.
Venice, FL – Sep 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Borge for over 4 years. He helped me from a situation where I was misdiagnosed and on inadequate medication to being more stable than I believed was possible. He is very good at explaining med choices and listens to concerns. He is very good at responding and dealing with a crisis situation during and after his normal office hours. He even *encourages* me to call him after hours if I'm having a problem. A great doctor.
Bradenton, FL – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?
I am met with at least a dozen psychiatrists. Dr. Borge is without question, the best. He is simply very good at what he does. And he is a nice guy.
adhd dave in Sarasota, FL – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carlos Borge, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Borge?