Dr. Carlos Barba, MD

Dr. Carlos Barba, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·

Dr. Carlos Barba, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Brownsville, TX and has been practicing for 25 years. He specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.

Carlos A. Barba, MD, PLLC

• EmblemHealth
  • Medicare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Barba

See how frequently Dr. Barba performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
Esophageal Surgery
high

Dr. Barba's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Barba "We are proud to care for the patient as individual and not a person with a disease. We will strive to treat all our patients like they are our family, wihtout considering insurance status, sex or race."

• Bariatric Surgery

• McGill U/McGill U Hlth Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Barba has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barba does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barba and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Valley Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Barba is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Barba's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barba to family and friends

Dr. Barba's Performance

Wow......thank you Dr Ybarra from Neighbors Urgent Care in Harlingen for making that last min. call to Dr Barba’s Hgn. office (4 pm) who’s staff kindly squeezed me in to see him. BTW.....thx to all the staff who was so kind y’all are awesome!!!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Barba & his wonderful...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
His office staff were rude and unprofessional. My husband waited 2 hours in the lobby just to have a follow-up. He ended up leaving because that was ridiculous and he needed to get back to work.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
What can I say about Dr, Barba! I am so glad I can across this page to Bragg about the care he provided to me for over a decade here in Connecticut! Seriously the most genuine, caring Dr. I have ever met! He ALWAYS provided exquisite care to his patient and I kno MANY of them :)). We miss him very...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Barba for my Gallbladder removal, not only is he a wonderful doctor his staff went out of their way to get me a appointment as soon as possible, very nice and had a wonderful experience, will recommend Dr. Barba and his staff to all my family and friends.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He nearly killed my mom her stomach was the size of a pin head she had to have her stomach streatch 5 times couldn't even hold down liquids. We tried to contact him he wouldn't return phone called.. He has a bad record in CT. Really do your research people on this doctor.. My mom only weight 177...more
Are you Dr. Barba?