Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD

Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Carla Hellekson MD 1300 114th Ave SE Ste 102 Bellevue, WA 98004 Get Directions

Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Bellevue, WA. She is 67 years old and has been practicing for 43 years.

Dr. Hellekson's Experience

See how Dr. Hellekson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hellekson

Dr. Hellekson accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Hellekson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hellekson to family and friends
Dr. Hellekson's Performance
Redmond, WA |
This is the worst experience I've ever had with a psychiatrist. She does not listen to patient needs and experiences and develops her diagnosis based on her old personal judgements.
Bellevue, Wa |
Attentive, specializes in sleep disorders, calm & relaxed atmosphere.
in Bothell, WA |
I started seeing Dr. Hellekson 10 years ago after many incorrect diagnoses for things like bipolar disorder and depression. Carla immediately realized that I had ADHD and started me on the correct medication. It felt like a huge cloud had been lifted from my life, and since then I have been able to live a happy and fulfilling life not affected by my illness. Carla is the perfect combination of MD and psychological professional and I recommend her as a caring and knowledgeable practitioner.
in Kirkland, WA |
Dr Hellekson is pleasant but I don't feel like we were a good fit, and I ended up ending services after about 9 months. I felt that she didn't grasp what was going on and frequently recommended costly classes and programs through which she was connected. When I called to cancel I got no response or follow-up.
in Seattle, WA |
I had been suffering from insomnia for many months and it was beginning to interfere with my productivity at work and my quality time with my daughter. Dr. Hellekson was very thorough and patient with me during our initial intake visit. She had a calm, professional demeanor, which immediately set me at ease. I have since completed three of four sessions of "Sleep School" with Dr. Hellekson, which have been invaluable. My sleep has been restored and I'm feeling much more like myself.
Portland, OR |
Dr. Hellekson has been an absolute life saver. After almost 20 years I had been undiagnosed . Dr. Hellekson took the time to ask the right questions. Her knowledge in the field as well as her experience made it very easy for me to open up, and trust her. She helped me find the right medication, and my life is so much easier!!! Insurance covered her visits, so all I had to pay was a $25.00 charge. For anyone who needs a great psychiatrist, I highly recommend her.
in Bellevue, WA |
I saw Dr. Hellekson 3 times for help with sleeping difficulties. The first session was billed at $300, all that happened was her taking notes on her laptop, she barely looked up from her screen. Absolutely zero help during that session. She just typed the whole time. The second session was billed at $150. She offered information that you can basically find if you google insomnia on web md. Nothing useful. Pretty much common sense stuff. The thing that bothered me during the second session
in Kirkland, WA |
Dr. Hellekson made up her mind about me in less than 15 minutes.
Have you seen Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD?
Are you Dr. Hellekson?

Compare Dr. Hellekson

}

Dr. Hellekson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry and Sleep Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Hellekson has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hellekson's Board Certifications

Dartmouth Med School

Completed in 1978

Dartmouth

Completed in 1979

Dr. Hellekson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hellekson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Sleep Medicine

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)