Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD

Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Bellevue, WA. She is 68 years old and has been practicing for 43 years.

1300 114th Ave SE Ste 102

Bellevue, WA 98004

• First Choice Health
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Regence Blue Shield of Washington

Learn about Dr. Hellekson

Dr. Hellekson's Experience

Dr. Hellekson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Insomnia

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Dartmouth College
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • V Mason Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1975
  • Dartmouth Med School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Dartmouth
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1979

Dr. Hellekson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hellekson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hellekson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hellekson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hellekson to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Hellekson's Performance
Redmond, WA |
This is the worst experience I've ever had with a psychiatrist. She does not listen to patient needs and experiences and develops her diagnosis based on her old personal judgements.
Bellevue, Wa |
Attentive, specializes in sleep disorders, calm & relaxed atmosphere.
in Bothell, WA |
I started seeing Dr. Hellekson 10 years ago after many incorrect diagnoses for things like bipolar disorder and depression. Carla immediately realized that I had ADHD and started me on the correct medication. It felt like a huge cloud had been lifted from my life, and since then I have been able to live a happy and fulfilling life not affected by my illness. Carla is the perfect combination of MD and psychological professional and I recommend her as a caring and knowledgeable practitioner.
in Kirkland, WA |
Dr Hellekson is pleasant but I don't feel like we were a good fit, and I ended up ending services after about 9 months. I felt that she didn't grasp what was going on and frequently recommended costly classes and programs through which she was connected. When I called to cancel I got no response or follow-up.
in Seattle, WA |
I had been suffering from insomnia for many months and it was beginning to interfere with my productivity at work and my quality time with my daughter. Dr. Hellekson was very thorough and patient with me during our initial intake visit. She had a calm, professional demeanor, which immediately set me at ease. I have since completed three of four sessions of "Sleep School" with Dr. Hellekson, which have been invaluable. My sleep has been restored and I'm feeling much more like myself.
Portland, OR |
Dr. Hellekson has been an absolute life saver. After almost 20 years I had been undiagnosed . Dr. Hellekson took the time to ask the right questions. Her knowledge in the field as well as her experience made it very easy for me to open up, and trust her. She helped me find the right medication, and my life is so much easier!!! Insurance covered her visits, so all I had to pay was a $25.00 charge. For anyone who needs a great psychiatrist, I highly recommend her.
in Bellevue, WA |
I saw Dr. Hellekson 3 times for help with sleeping difficulties. The first session was billed at $300, all that happened was her taking notes on her laptop, she barely looked up from her screen. Absolutely zero help during that session. She just typed the whole time. The second session was billed at $150. She offered information that you can basically find if you google insomnia on web md. Nothing useful. Pretty much common sense stuff. The thing that bothered me during the second session
in Kirkland, WA |
Dr. Hellekson made up her mind about me in less than 15 minutes.
Have you seen Dr. Carla Hellekson, MD?
Are you Dr. Hellekson?