Dr. Carl Weiss, MD

Dr. Carl Weiss, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Carl Weiss, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Mechanicsville, VA. He has been practicing for 33 years.

8220 Meadowbridge Rd Ste 303

Mechanicsville, VA 23116

• Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)

Learn about Dr. Weiss

See how frequently Dr. Weiss performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hands
Elbow Injuries
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Weiss's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Weiss "Welcome to the website! I am a hand surgeon and orthopaedic surgeon who has been in practice for about 25 years. I have my own practice in Mechanicsville, Virginia, on the campus of Memorial Regional Medical Center (MOB #1). Therefore, if you are looking for an office where you receive individualized attention and care throughout your visit, my office is for you! My goal is to discuss your problem and treatment options with you so that we can come up with a mutually agreeable plan."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Shoulder Diseases
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Emory University
  • State University Of New York At Stony Brook
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Joseph Boyes Hand Surgery Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Weiss has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weiss does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weiss and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Weiss' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weiss to family and friends
Dr. Weiss' Performance
in Richmond |
Great Dr., A fellow New Yorker as well. 1st visit and my wrist was fixed immediately! Great office staff! I definitely recommend using him as your Dr.
in Ashland, Va |
Have had surgery on my arm, trigger finger release and now carpel tunnel. All have gone well with little or no discomfort
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Weiss is a stellar surgeon with a fantastic staff. He performed surgery on my wrist to correct a 15 year old injury. Recovery was much quicker than anticipated and no more pain. Thank you Dr. Weiss!
Mechanicsville, VA |
Prompt diagnosis and treatment. Friendly and helpful staff and physician I will definitely return if I ever again need a hand specialist.
in Gloucester, VA |
I had a in-office surgery on two places on my right hand to remove cysts. It was done under a local anesthetic and I was able to watch Dr. Weiss perform this surgery. He took his time, educated me, and answered all of my questions along the way. Both incisions healed very well. Dr. Weiss is smart, calm, sensible and engaging, with a pleasurable bedside manner.
in VARINA, VA |
I broke my ankle and dislocated my foot in August 2015. I was referred to Dr. Weiss thru the hospital emergency room and so happy that I did. It was a tough ride, but the girls in the office and Dr. Weiss made it so much better. The expertise of Dr. Weiss and the surgery that was required was exceptional. Not only do I have scars you can barely see, but I have had no problems with getting back to using my foot. He also saved the tattoo on my ankle. I have returned for knee issues.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr. Weiss was easy to talk to and made you feel like he has known you forever. His prognosis and directions was precise. The results of treatment was exactly as predicted. Staff very friendly and accommodating. I am going to miss the conversations I had with Dr. Weiss. A really good guy and excellent doctor.
Richmond, VA |
I felt very secure that Dr. Weiss would do what needed to be done to relieve the pain in my thumb caused by arthritis.
in Henrico, VA |
Very caring and professional attitude from Dr. Weiss and his staff. Would highly recommend.
in Littleton, NC |
After putting surgery off for many years for Carpal tunnel because of fear of pain and a long recovery, I had to go ahead and have it done. Dr.Weiss told me from the start that I had nothing to worry about and there would not be a lot of pain! I had the surgery on March 9th and never had top take any pain Meds. Within 3 days I was able to do light things with my hand. Pain was gone !!!!! It has been 2 weeks at this point, stiches are out and things are great! I
Henrico VA |
I had a truly great experience at my appointment yesterday. I was able to get scheduled very quickly. The office staff were polite and genuine. Dr. Weiss was very thorough, and took his time answering all of my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend Dr. Weiss!
Heathsville, VA |
Dr. Weiss was difficult to communicate with, condescending and rude.
Wow, sorry you feel that way. I do apologize for whatever poor experience you had. We strive to give everyone good, friendly service and personalized attention, and succeed most of the time, as you can see from the other reviews on this site. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to prove that we can do better.
in Richmond, VA |
After exhausting all other options, Dr Weiss performed a digital periarterial sympathectomy on my right hand. It was 100% successful & after 6 weeks, I have full use of my hand/fingers & the incisions have disappeared - both compliments to Dr Weiss' surgical skills.
in New Kent, VA |
Dr. Weiss and his staff are outstanding. Without their support and guidance I wouldn't have survived. Yes he saved me from a health disaster. I would recommend in fact I would encourage family and friends to see Dr. Weiss. He's a skilled Surgeon with great staff. My good wishes go out to Stefanie, Rebeka and all the rest of the group. Very fine people.
Tappahannock, VA |
Wonderful care. Great team all the way around. Highly recommended.
in Richmond, VA |
He is compassionate and took the time to listen to my symptoms. Apparently his correct diagnosis and referral to the proper specialist lead to providing relief from my constant pain. Because of Dr. Weiss’s care, I am no longer asking my friends and family to just shoot me!
in Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr. Weiss and his staff were wonderful from the start. He took his time during my initial appointment and listened to all my concerns. He was very thorough and spent quite a bit of time with me assessing my injury to come to an appropriate treatment plan. He was sure to explain everything in detail to help me understand my injury and treatment. He initiated physical therapy and saw me a few weeks later where I am very happy with my progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Weiss and his staff.
in Mechanicsville VA |
I would recommend him to everyone requiring this type of Doctor. He is tops in both skills and bedside manner.
in Mechanicsville, Va. |
I had surgery on a finger in the office, everything when great, don't know why anyone would opt for the operating room. I am tickled pink with Dr. Weiss service as well as his staff.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Weiss was very personable and put me at ease. The procedure went smoothly without complications. From time of first visit to surgery to follow up was total of three weeks. Office visits are always pleasant. To sum it up although I needed a procedure Dr. Weiss and his staff made it a pleasant experience. Will definitely recommend him.
in Tappahannock, VA |
Visit was brief and to the point.
in Hamburg, HH |
Dr. Weiss was recommended by my PCP. He was thorough and found immediately that I had a break in my wrist that required surgery. The surgery went smoothly and healing was normal. I am now completing physical therapy and will have full use of my wrist again. I appreciated Dr. Weiss' straightforward, no nonsense approach. He answered all my questions clearly. His staff is efficient and friendly. I never waited more than a few minutes. I highly recommend Dr. Weiss.
Sandston, VA |
Good experience. Diagnosed with de quervain's syndrome. Went through proper treatments which then led to a decision to have surgery. I had read many stories on different sites about the surgery, so I was very sceptical, but decided to have it because of many pain and stability related issues with my wrist. Surgery went well followed with physical therapy. Doctor Weiss did a great job. Wrist feels much better. Not 100 percent but very close. More than I could have hoped for.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Weiss to family and friends as he is a wonderful doctor, with a wonderful staff. Dr. Weiss and his staff are professional and courteous.
in Sandston, VA |
I have been dealing with pain/numbness for about 20 years. After seeing Dr. Weiss, I decided it was time to have the Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery. I did both hands at the same time & SO HAPPY I DID, (Dr. Weiss recommended only one hand at a time)! I just had the bandages & stitches removed & they are healing well. I was able to move/use my fingers immediately after surgery & I had immediate relief from pain & numbness. Dr. Weiss & his staff have been excellent! I highly recommend Dr. Weiss!!!
in Richmond, VA |
He is thoughtful and very knowledgeable and personable.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
I was having a very difficult and painful time with carpal tunnel and trigger thumb concerns. When visiting his office, he was always very patient, thorough, confident and professional. Based on my visits, treatment, care, surgery, and results, I would highly recommend Dr. Weiss!
in Manakin Sabot, VA |
I saw Dr. Weiss about a growth on my finger. He did an excellent job of analyzing the growth, recommending treatment (surgery), and explaining what the surgery and subsequent recovery would be like. The surgery went very well, the recovery process was exactly as he had predicted, and my finger is now fully functional. I consider him to be a very competent surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone needing the type of care in which he specializes.
in Glen Allen, VA |
Dr Weiss treated a injury to a finger that was not getting improvement despite seeing another well known hand doctor. It had been almost 3 months with little improvement when I decided to see Dr Weiss. I am glad I did. Dr Weiss prescribed a different splint and suggested a injection. The finger has improved dramatically and will be back to full function soon.
in Sandston, VA |
Dr. Weiss has been very caring during my recovery time. His professionalism, warmth and caring have been very much appreciated.
in Glen Allen, VA |
He got the complicated job done well. He definitely is very good at his job. His staff were very helpful. Hardly any waiting time, i came on time for the appointments and saw him almost immediately.
in Partlow, VA |
Dr. Weiss took his time talking with me explaining the procedure and recovery.
Have you seen Dr. Carl Weiss, MD?

Visit Dr. Weiss

Dr. Weiss accepts 8 insurance carriers
    Choice PPO
    Carelink PPO
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
    Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO