Dr. Carl Saphier, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 54

Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Carl Saphier, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Englewood, NJ and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Brown University School of Medicine in 1992. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Englewood Hospital And Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Carl Saphier, MD

Women's Ultrasound

498 Engle St Englewood, NJ 07631

Compare with other Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists

Compare Dr. Saphier with our nearby Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Dr. Saphier's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Saphier

Amazing OB
Dr Saphier is an absolutely fantastic physician. I had two high risk pregnancies and he provided excellent care throughout both. He was kind, patient, thorough and I never left an appointment feeling rushed. He answered all of my questions and never made me fearful of what complications I might experience. I would highly recommend him to anyone in search of a high-risk OB. Yes, the office may have outdated decor and is a bit quirky, but I wasn’t there to look at the furniture. The nursing staff were also excellent! All of them are so sweet!
Sep 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Saphire. I go to him as a referral from my OBGYN and was told by my doctors even before meeting him that he is one of the best and should there be anything wrong with my baby, he'd be the one to find it. Sure enough, at my 20 week anatomy scan he found something wrong with my babies heart and has been by the side of my husband I the entire time. Not only did he refer us to the best Cardiologist, but he texts/calls to check-up on us and refer us to the right people. His visits are NEVER rushed and he is so thorough. I literally can write pages on how wonderful he is as a human and doctor. I wish all doctors were more like him!! He is worth paying out of pocket for.
Claudeene – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr Saphier is extremely intelligent and recognized an issue right away which lead to an emergency c section and ultimately saved my child’s and my life. The reason you may have to wait a bit in the waiting room is because he is very thorough with all of his patients, does not rush you, and answers any questions you may have. As a patient, I was appreciative of the time he spent with me and the last thing I wanted was for him to rush through my ultrasound! I enjoyed seeing my baby on the screen and wild have stayed all day if he would let me. He is very friendly and even went out of his way to check up on me by calling the hospital several times after delivery (my obgyn delivered the baby, not him) and called me again once I was home to talk. The office is a bit out dated but, in an odd way, it was comforting and reminded me of being a kid when life was carefree and simple. His technology is up to date and I can’t say enough good things about him. He is amazing! Hope to see again w #2
Jessandbray – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr Saphier is absolutely the best Dr in every single way. Clinically, morally, ethically and with the most warm, kind compassionate heart. Hands down he’s the cream of the crop and goes above and beyond for your care in every way.
Samantha Koppelman – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
As there is no option for zero stars, 1 is being used generously. I had a 3pm appointment and arrived 10 minutes early. As I was walking in one older lady was walking out. There was no one else in the waiting room my entire time there. Although my appointment was for 3pm, I patiently waited until 3:50 and still wasnt seen nor given an explanation as to why I had not been seen yet. This doctor wasted my time and the receptionist gave the excuse that the doctor was busy with patients when I went to inquire about the long wait. Might I add there was no one in the office. I left work early for nothing and received no apology as well. Btw- Be aware that the office is in an old house that is still set in the 70s with old red shag carpeting and wooden walls. The decor is also severly outdated and in need of a 21st century makeover. It was a little creepy to be honest and I wondered if this place was equipped to provide modern obgyn care. If time, respect and modern care matter to you, I would
Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr. Saphier is an excellent doctor.
Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr. Carl Saphier is EXCELLENT! I can't emphasize it enough. After a rocky road to pregnancy, he held my hand through so many fears in the pregnancy. He is super intelligent, he knows his stuff and has great bedside manner. He takes his time to explain the steps being taken and imbues so much confidence. I'll definitely be using him for future pregnancies.
Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
I really liked Dr.Saphier. He's knowledgeable, compassionate, and really approachable. I never felt rushed and all my concerns were addressed in a way that made me understand his thought process and decision tree. He let me be an active participant in my care. His staff is nice. Sometimes there was a wait bc he spends SO much time with his patients . His office environment is weird (gold lame bathroom floor, red shag rug, many, many dolls) but, he seems to have the most up to date equipment.
Mar 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
I cannot day enough amazing things about Dr Saphier and his staff. He walked me through a very stressful time always giving me a great amount of information and allowed me to make decisions without judgement. Thanks to him I have a beautifully healthy baby. The entire experience was amazing and I would very highly recommend him to anyone who is expecting. If there was ever a question he would make time to see us as quickly as possible and always with positive energy to share.
Cristina S – Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr. Saphier is beyond the most compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and overall wonderful doctor that I was so fortunate to have come across. From the moment I learned that I was pregnant until my delivery, Dr. Saphier was sensational. Dr. Saphier took all of the necessary steps in order to ensure a healthy pregnancy, especially with the multiple complications I had. He saved my daughter and self while I suffered from a placental abruption due to the extreme and care he gives each patient
  • Long wait times
Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Amazing doctor! For us he was God sent in times of extreme crisis. His office is unlike other Ob's but rather very homely environment yet professional & caring staff. Dr.Carl will treat you but also give you strength and hope during crisis. All our visits he gave us atleast 45 mins undivided attention. During emergency delivery he made sure he was around and also deliverd our baby at 25 weeks. He made all the right calls for us and we can't thank him enough. Gracious is an understatement.
  • Long wait times
Kalpana in West New York, NJ – Nov 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr. Carl delivered all 3 of my girls(a singleton and ID twins) i went to the office on monthly bases for 2 years straight and I can honestly say I have nothing negative to report back. Dr. Carl is patient, never made me feel like my questions were irrelevant, I never felt rushed or pushed to make any decisions I didn’t feel comfortable with. My daughter was hospitalized after we went home form the hospital and Dr. Carl personally called to check in on us a few times to make sure she was okay.
Alba in 07095 – Jun 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr Saphier is awesome, well mannered. I went to him while I was struggling with infertility issues and to clarify few of my doubts. He explained me so nicely and make me feel like I was talking to a friend. So obviously when I got pregnant even with out having a second thought I went to him. He made my pregnancy so smooth and stress free. He spends a lot of time with every visit and very patiently explained and answered all my questions. Even during my labour he made me feel so comfortable.
MM in Englewood, NJ – Dec 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?
Dr. Saphier is an amazing, dedicated, knowledgable, and caring Dr. He called me after hours on more than one occasion to keep me updated on my results and what I needed to do next. His staff is awesome...caring, thoughtful. They also returned calls promptly. I LOVE and TRUST the staff and Dr.
iliana in New Jersey – May 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Saphier, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Saphier?