Family Medicine  |
Dr. Carl Lovell, MD
Dr. Carl Lovell, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Midland, MI. He is 62 years old. Dr. Lovell is affiliated with MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland.

4401 N Campus Ridge Dr Ste D2100

Midland, MI 48640

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Lovell

I feel fortunate to have a "calling" in life. My twenty plus years as a family physician have given me the opportunity to serve, to push myself, and to connect with people in matters that matter. I grew up in a "laboratory town" that was home to a NASA facility. So, I had a high school experience much like one would have in Midland. Becoming a family practice physician was my career goal from high school on, as it combines science so well with the humanities. The motto we had at Henry Ford Hospital where I interned said it well: "Knowing helps Caring." I married one of my medical school classmates, Sheree Clark, and we studied together in Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Midland. After residency we practiced in rural Ohio for fifteen years, sharing a single job. This allowed us to raise our two children, Jeff and Kim, while we took turns caring for patients. Moving back to Midland offered us an opportunity to practice with like-minded doctors who listen a lot and spend a lot of time with each patient. Meanwhile, our teenagers attend excellent schools and have the option to apply to college "in-state." Currently my wife and I work 2/3 time so that there is time for family, exercise and music. Each of us is in the office five days a week, although not all day every day. It is a good time in history to be either a patient or a doctor! There are so many eternal human problems that can be helped. Plus, access to health care in our country is as good as it has ever been, even though we may grumble about it. Of course, having many tools calls us to make choices that are sometimes hard. In our practice, we do not feel that every patient needs to have every possible test and every possible drug -- sometimes nature, time, and listening are still the best medicine. As a family practitioner, I'm not just treating people, I'm caring... assessing and reading faces all at the same time - just like I do as a father.

Dr. Lovell's Experience

Dr. Lovell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• CDL Physical Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Henry Ford Hospital Detroit Mi
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Midmichigan Medical Center-Midland

Dr. Lovell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lovell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lovell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lovell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lovell to family and friends
3.3
based on 7 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Lovell's Performance
    GOOD
in Midland MI |
Dr. Lovell is the most caring and kind doctor that I have ever met. He really *listens* and tries the least invasive treatments before jumping to a bunch of unnecessary medicines and tests.
Have you seen Dr. Carl Lovell, MD?
Are you Dr. Lovell?