Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Humphrey

Humphrey Shoulder Clinic

3381 W Bavaria St Eagle, ID 83616

Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Eagle, ID and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from University Of Utah School Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery and orthopedic sports medicine.

Dr. Humphrey accepts

Dr. Humphrey accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
Health Net
HealthSmart
ODS Health Plan
Wells Fargo Insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Idaho

Check Dr. Humphrey's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Shoulder Tendinitis
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Total Shoulder Replacement

Dr. Humphrey is recognized as an expert in the field of shoulder surgery. He has published several articles pertaining to shoulder treatments in peer-reviewed journals. He is the first surgeon from the state of Idaho to be accepted as an active membe...

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

1.183431952662722%

Dr. Humphrey?
Dr. Humphrey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD
Dr Humphrey and his office staff did an outstanding job with everything from all my office visits to my surgery and follow up visits as well. Everything was explained very well with everything that was to be done. Thank you so much. I feel great and my shoulder feels great. Can't ask for much more than that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Very happy with the results I have seen after seeing Dr. Humphrey. His no-nonsense, logical way of looking at my problem and solution were refreshing. Surgery was perfect, only doing what needed to be done, though we thought it might be more. Rehab instructions were solid and avoided going to see a physical therapist because I just followed his instructions. I am at the 3 month mark now and trejectory is above schedule. Very happy to recommend Dr. Humphrey and I already have referred two friends to his practice. He does shoulders all day long-- if you have a shoulder issue, don't go anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Dr Humphrey did a rotator cuff repair on me. It turned out great. Doing just fine 2 1/2 years later. Good guy. A man of few words, but answers all your questions. The absolute best office staff. Very easy to work with. I would totally recommend him to anyone with shoulder problems. Professional and talented.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Dr Humphrey is an absolutely amazing doctor and is very knowledgable. Having a complete shoulder replacement done at such a young age, Dr Humphrey went into my procedure with great positivity and explained everything that he was going to be doing. I would HIGHLY recommend him and his office staff to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I cannot begin to express my gratitude for Dr. Hymphrey and his clinic. I had a bicep tendon anchor put in and the labrum repaired March 2019, and three months later, its like I have a brand new shoulder, and it literally feels 10 years younger and the healing time has been absolutely astonishing. Danyel at the front desk has been amazing and helpful throughout the entire process and the staff is extremely friendly and relaxed, making the entire experience a serene, calm, and smooth process. The building is easy to find and clean. Dr. Humphrey's demeanor is kind and thoughtful, but you can see the gears turning and his mind working on how to best perform the surgery, in favor of the patient. Extremely knowledgable and yet offers easily understood explanations of procedure. I have a shoulder and bicep tattoo that cost a pretty penny, done by a friend while in Kansas City -- and the surgical scars are super tight and small -- hardly even noticeable now. Thank you. Sincerely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Dr. Humphrey was great, able to diagnose the shoulder issue. Also did complete work when performing the surgery. His office has been great with all the follow up visits. I regained full motion after the surgery and therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Dr. Humphrey and his team are very proficient, friendly, and professional. My shoulder healed perfectly following my surgery and my post surgery treatment and it is now stronger than it was pre-injury. I would recommend anyone needing orthopedic surgery to Dr. Humphrey and have already done so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I put off having surgery for a long time because I'd heard horror stories about shoulder surgery. Don't do what I did. Go to Dr. Humphrey. He is great! He is easy to talk to, explains things well, and has a professional office staff. My shoulder is doing well with an easy recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I saw Dr. Humphrey for persistent left shoulder pain. He discovered I had multiple tears of my rotator cuff. I had surgery several weeks later. Dr. Humphrey and his entire staff were great throughout the process. He really took the time to explain to me the procedure and recovery process. He also had me do all of my PT at home, so there was no need to go to a PT on a weekly basis, saving me a lot of money. 6 months out and my shoulder is night and day. I would recommend Dr. Humphrey to anyone experiencing shoulder pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I would totally recommend Dr. Humphrey. I had several tears in my shoulder due to a fall off a ladder & had trouble sleeping for months. Surgery was not an instant relief, but I was aware of that going in. If I wanted this to be a success, I knew I had to be diligent on doing the in home exercises given to me by Dr. Humphrey & staff (which saved me time and lots of money). Almost 5 months now, not 100% but so happy with the progress. I would not go to anyone else for a shoulder injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Great Surgeon. Always giving good advice. My shoulder replacement surgery went great with short recovery time. The results 5 months later are outstanding. I would highly recommend Dr. Humphrey!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I came in for shoulder surgery on my left shoulder, Dr. Humphrey is straight forward and won't beat around the bush. Did a great job on the surgery and checking up and helping me make a full recovery. Very pleased
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
My whole experience was exceptional. For the first time in years my shoulders are pain free. Every visit was professional and friendly. All my questions were answered during visits. The staff is also great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
First surgery ever. Had no issues with procedure or recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I spent 18 years in pain on my shoulder, was told I was too young to get it fixed. Finally went to Dr. Humphrey and he immediately told me what we needed to do to get me back to enjoying life. I am now 6 months out, no pain and loving life again. Would recommend Dr. Humphrey to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Dr Humphrey was excellent. He explained everything up front, there were no surprises. Everyone one involved in my surgery was great...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I am very happy with the repairs Dr. Humphrey did. I needed rotator cuff and tendon repair, as well as arthritis and calcium deposit scraping. All was done arthroscopically which was important to me. Office staff, as well as staff at surgery center, was very courteous and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Dr. Humphrey is an excellent doctor. From the first time I met with him through my surgery and recovery, he has been nothing but superb! I am treated as human being and not just a patient with a number assigned to them. He explains things thoroughly and makes sure you understand and is willing to answer any questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
I suffered from calcium build-up, followed by frozen shoulder for 2.5 years. My original Orthopedic referral did not follow through on their services helping me. After a couple office visits I was approved immediately w/my insurance and headed into surgery within a week! I am now 3 weeks post surgery and feeling great! Dr Humphrey and his staff are amazing and I am very appreciative for all their help and diligence!
helped 100 percent
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Humphrey?