Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD

Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male

Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Eagle, ID. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Humphrey is affiliated with Treasure Valley Hospital and St. Luke's Boise Medical Center.

Dr. Humphrey's Experience

See how Dr. Humphrey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Humphrey

Dr. Humphrey accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Humphrey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Humphrey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Humphrey to family and friends
Dr. Humphrey's Performance
in Eagle, ID |
Dr. Humphey was the perfect doctor to perform my rotator cuff surgery. From day one, he was informative and helpful in my understanding of what was going on with my body. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family that are in need of a knowledgeable, friendly doctor.
in Meridian, ID |
Had my shoulder repaired 5 years ago, was still a problem, well now my Doctor had retired. Was recommended by my Primary Dr. to use Dr. Humphrey because he was the best in town on Shoulders. I was able to get an appt in a reasonable time frame, and I thought the staff was very friendly, MRI revealed a torn rotator cuff which Dr. Humprey did a good job of explaining options and time frames. Surgery went great and after care and results were top notch. Highly recommend!!
in Nampa, ID |
I looked carefully before choosing a surgeon for my shoulder repair. I have a son who is a operating room nurse in Ontario. Together with help from him, and surgeons he trusted, Dr. Humphrey's name was the one given unanimously for the most capable doctor compatible with my insurance. He has been amazing. I have been remarkably pleased with the results of the surgery and with my entire experience with Dr. Humphrey, Dr. Gayle, and staff.
in Weiser, ID |
The whole experience of my shoulder shoulder with Dr. Humphrey has been phenomenal. I had much less pain and discomfort than I was expecting. All of the follow up appointments were encouraging and helpful. I would highly recommend him.
Meridian, ID |
I went to see Dr. Humphrey for a shoulder problem I've had for some time and had been in and out of physical therapy for. In my first visit with Dr. Humphrey he identified my issue confidently, an MRI confirmed, and for the nature of my injury he recommended surgery. I had the surgery 6 months ago and my shoulder is feeling much better. I appreciate the time he and his team spent explaining the procedure, my injury, and recovery. His team is prompt and professional. I'm satisfied with the result
in Meridian, ID |
Dr. Humphrey was outstanding. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions, and went over every detail of the process/surgery. My post surgery results are well above what I expected in every way. The staff in his office are also very helpful, friendly and made the entire process simple and easy.
Meridian, ID |
I appreciated his thoroughness and expertise. He answered my questions completely and I never felt rushed during the appointments. I had to travel several hours to meet with Dr. Humphrey and to have my surgery. I have not regretted my decision and would use his services again if needed.
in Baker city Oregon. |
my experience with Dr. Humphrey was very good, all my appointments were on time I never had to wait. The staff are very professional and the surgery went very smooth. I was very very happy with the whole experience.
Meridian, ID |
The care I received from Dr. Humphrey and his team was amazing. In fact, I've already referred a friend with a similar issue.
in Meridian, ID |
Surgery through rehab has been very smooth!
Meridian, ID |
Dr. Humphrey is a true professional who is very knowledgable in his fiend.
in Meridian, ID |
Dr. Humphrey's was professional and courteious throughout all my appointments. He explained every detail of the procedures to be performed and gave several options. The surgery went well and recovery was short where I was back to work with little down time.
in Meridian, ID |
Very professional and answers all questions. Extremely pleased with results. Highly recommend.
in Boise, ID |
Everything went well, from the surgery to the followup. My shoulder was in bad condition and he had to reverse the ball and socket. I was glad I had a Dr with the experience to recognize this and to do the procedure when things didn't turn out as expected.
in Meridian, ID |
Very good listener and understanding of the problems that I was experiencing. Gave me straight to the point answers and did an amazing job repairing my shoulder. All appointments were very informative and had all of my questions answered. Will recommend his services to anyone experiencing shoulder pain.
in Boise, Idaho |
One cannot get appointments in a timely manner. You call and often you are several weeks away. He did not explain all the possible problems with a shoulder replacement. I got a second opinion and that doctor explained all the possible problems. The last time my shoulder dislocated and ended up being fractured when the emergency room doctor called him, he was told that Dr. Humphrey no longer took Medicare patients. He was unwilling to offer help to me when he had done my replacement.
in MountainHome, ID |
Outstanding care from start to finish to repair my shoulder injury. Dr Humphrey's is a true professional and expert in his field.
in Boise Idaho |
Dr. Humphrey and staff were very professional. They know what their doing. my shoulder surgery couldn't have gone better. I would recommend them to anybody!
in Boise, ID |
Dr Humphrey is very nice and very knowledgeable. He explained the 2 surgeries that I needed very thoroughly. Mentioning that once he starts the surgery, he may need to adjust what he does. The surgeries went very well, and he explained what he did after the surgeries. He gave me all the info my physical therapist needed to guide me in my recovery. I hope I do not need to go to an Orthopedic surgeon again, but if I do, or friends do, I will whole heartedly recommend Dr Humphrey.
in Star, Idaho |
I'm not much one for reviews, but I had a great experience with Dr. Humphrey. I appreciate everything he did for me, and would recommend anyone with shoulder pain to make an appointment with the shoulder clinic of Idaho. Dr. Humphrey explained everything in layman's term so that my wife and I understood exactly what we were up against. His bedside manor is friendly and straight to the point. Thanks for everything!
in Boise, ID |
Dr Humphrey was excellent! He explained exactly what to expect during and after surgery. As a professional myself all appointments were on time and very informative with no waiting or multiple patient stacked up as with some physicians his staff was always friendly and helpful.
in Mountain Home, ID |
I have had both of my shoulders operated on by Dr. Humphrey. I can't be more happier with the result of the successful operations. My shoulders do not hurt any more and am able to do everything I used to be able to. Dr Humphrey thoroughly discussed all the options for a full recovery on the issue or issues and only recommended surgery as the last resort. I'm very happy with the result and Thank you Dr Humphrey.
in Kuna, ID |
I have had to have both of my shoulders repaired in the last couple of years and highly recommend Dr. Humphrey. Both surgeries were a success! While the surgery itself can be unpleasant, Dr. Humphrey and his staff helped make it as painless as possible.
in Mountain Home, ID |
This is a year and a half post surgery. I took my time to do all the exercises I was told and was dedicated to making my shoulder as close to 100% as possible. Dr. Humphrey and his office did exceptionally well for everything from the staff helping, to the surgery, and everything in-between. Thanks to the surgery and the great work of Dr. Humphrey I am able to compete, not just complete, in swimming and triathlons again! Something I wasn't sure I would do again. Awesome crew and doctor.
in Meridian, ID |
My experience with Dr. Humphrey was excellent!The staff in the office made every effort to accommodate my schedule and care needs.They were extremely accommodating and courteous. Dr. Humphrey was thorough in explaining the procedure and what to expect after surgery. It was a successful procedure with no complications. I was able to ask every question I needed to and received very knowledgeable and comprehensive answers. If I ever need a shoulder surgery again, I know where I will go!
in Boise, ID |
The doctor and staff were very personable and caring. they made me feel very comfortable and prepared for my surgery I do feel the care on the tail end of the surgeries should be redone, I was not notified to start physical therapy the day after and how mobile I should be. which resulted in a Pulmonary embolism. I have already recommended a friend
in Nampa, ID |
Dr Humphrey has fixed both of my husband's shoulders and we couldn't be happier with the results. Dr Humphrey is extremely patient, informative, and has an impeccable bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from shoulder pain as you would be in very capable hands.
in Meridian, ID |
An absolute incredible experience! Dr. Humphrey's bedside manor and care is impeccable. His staff is courteous and inviting. I experienced nothing but excellence from start to finish. I was well informed, educated and assured throughout the process.
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Humphrey is extremely informative and patient. He took the time to answer all of my questions prior to and after surgery. The surgery went well and my shoulder has not felt this great in 6 years. Thanks Dr. Humphrey!
in Mtn Home Air Force Base, ID |
Considered all options before recommending surgery. Explained possible outcomes/complications, but everything turned out great.
in Nampa, ID |
Dr. Humphrey did an excellent job repairing my Labrial Tear. The staff was always friendly, helpful, and courteous. When I had appointments my wait times were minimal. Dr. Humphrey was very thorough in his explanation of what he was going to do pre-op and post-op. I would highly encourage and refer him to anyone...Actually, I referred my husband to him because I was so pleased with the services I received. Thank you for such a positive experience and outcome!
in Nampa, ID |
Dr. Humphrey explained all my options to me so I could understand them. Dr. Humphrey was very caring and was an excellent Surgeon. My Shoulder has been doing great since my Operation. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Humphrey.
in Vale, Or. |
I had two shoulder replacement surgeries this year. The first in January and the last one in October. While I would not recommend that everyone should try this, I will definitively recommend Dr. Humphrey to be your Orthopedic Surgeon. Both surgeries produced better than expected results and the Good Doctor and his staff made my wife and I feel as if we were friends, not just a source of income. You could not put yourself in better hands.
in Emmett, ID |
Excellent service, easy to talk with, explains everything very well and easy to understand and great staff too!
Have you seen Dr. Carl Humphrey, MD?
Are you Dr. Humphrey?

Compare Dr. Humphrey

Dr. Humphrey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Idaho not available

Dr. Humphrey has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

Why It Matters: Dr. Humphrey's Board Certifications

California Pacific Medical Center

Completed in 2006

University of Oregon

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Humphrey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Humphrey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery