Dr. Carl Hartman, MD

Dr. Carl Hartman, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Carl Hartman, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Los Alamitos, CA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

3801 Katella Ave Ste 130

Los Alamitos, CA 90720

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hartman

See how frequently Dr. Hartman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Dry Eyes
high
Glaucoma
high

Dr. Hartman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hartman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hartman "Please visit our website for complete biographical information. SoCalEye "

• Ophthalmology

• Chalazion
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser Treatment
  • Refractive Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of Southern California
  • University Of California, Irvine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Full Clinical Professor. University Of California, Irvine
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Hartman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hartman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hartman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hartman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hartman to family and friends
Dr. Hartman's Performance
in Cerritos, CA |
Dr.Carl is just wonderful-Listens and you feel like he really care about you. I would see no other eye Dr. Always has time for you and knows everything you ask him about. I would recommend him to all my friends.
in Lakewood, CA |
I have had cataracts removed from both eyes and have enjoyed my treatment by this doctor. Every visit to the office (pre- and post-surgery) was a pleasant experience with Dr. Hartman and the entire office staff. My latest visit was on November 1, 2017 for a six-month post operative check-up when I learned my vision is now 20/20. I recommend his services unconditionally. I have used this office for nearly 30 years and am very satisfied with all encounters.
Garden Grove, CA |
Dr. Hartman is very knowledgeable and efficient. He has a wonderful sense of humor and puts the patient at ease.
in Long Beach, CA |
I have never in my life found anyone business or medical practice that cares more for the patient than Dr. Carl Hartmans offices. He did catarac surgery in both eyes, lasik on my wife and son. All proceedures were 100% successful and effortless. The staff is friendly and profiessional. They go out of their way to profide their patients with stellar service. I couldn't be happier and will continue to refer his office to my friends and relatives. His abilites and knowledge are unsurpassed.
in Westminster, CA |
Dr. Hartman, besides being a top-notch opthamalogist, is a delightful person.....friendly w/a soothing sense of humor, allowing patients to relax, particularly important for cataract surgery. Inspires confidence and trust.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Hartman has been my doctor for many years and always instills confidence in me in his care. He is professional yet friendly and takes plenty of time to answer my questions. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent eye physician and surgeon.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Carl Hartman is a professional. He is warm and kind, patient, a good listener, a good human being. Yes, he is at the top of his game. He teaches others to do what he has mastered. He fixed my cataract. I was terrified. He made it a comfortable experience and gave me back my eyesight. He is a miracle. He has a huge practice. People come from all over the world to see him. His office is busy but he takes time and lets you know, YOU MATTER. Take care of yourself by seeking the best.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Excellent, caring physician. Office in Los Alamitos is easy to get to.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Carl Hartman, MD performed Cataract surgery on my right eye. All of my questions were answered in easy to understand manner and he allayed any apprehension on my part related to the surgery procedure and it's aftermath. I had full confidence in Dr Hartman and felt that he performed all aspects associated with my surgery with my best interests foremost. I would happily recommend Dr Hartman to anyone contemplating cataract surgery.
in Cypress, CA |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes and I can see 20/15 now. The whole process was a very good experience. I have complete confidence in Dr. Hartman and his staff.
in Seal Beach, CA |
I would recommend Dr Hartman to others because he really cares about his patients. He is cordial but professional. He puts you at ease by describing procedures thoroughly. Then he maticulously exams and double checks the readings without rushing to judgement.
in New York |
I visited Dr. Carl Hartman for a routine eye exam. I was complaining from dryness and occasional blurred vision. He was calm and attentive as he checked my eyes, and clearly explained how I should proceed with treatment. He also made me feel very welcome and comfortable. I would really highly recommend Dr. Hartman, he's exactly the kind of ophthalmologist you'd want.
Seal Beach, CA |
I have been going to Dr Hartman for many years. I am an RN and have taken care of his patients before and after surgery. I have complete trust in him to take care of my eye health.
in Seal Beach, CA |
Highly likely. Everyone associated with Dr. Carl Hartman was wonderful. Thorough, all questions answered, necessary paperwork provided, all aspects of upcoming surgery explained. Dr. Hartman is kind, caring, friendly, and above all else, a great surgeon. He performed cataract surgery on my husband's eyes and the results were awesome. My husband has not needed glasses for up close reading or for distance ever since. We highly recommend this doctor and his entire staff. H L and Nancy Williamso
in long beach ca |
I have been with Dr Hartman for many years and just love his manners, compassion, taking time for me. He has me as a patient for ever.
in Seal Beach |
Dr. Hartman took the time to explain the procedure in detail . He treated me like a person and not just another case. My aftercare was also very good. No problems at all. He has excellent recommendations and met all my expentations.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Hartman is very warm, friendly and caring. He always explains everything so I can understand what is going on with my eye health. I highly recommend him.
in Lakewood, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Carl Hartman for many years and find him to be a very caring doctor. Prior to my eye surgery, Dr. Hartman noted that I was very nervous. He took the time to explain the procedure and alleviate my fear. The office, while very busy, is neat and clean with comfortable seating arrangements. I highly recommend Dr. Carl Hartman to friends and family.
in Cypress, California |
Dr. Hartman & Staff highly Professional. Could not ask for anything more. The Doctor and Staff the very best!!!! Pat O'Toole, Cypress
in Los Alamitos, CA |
For years I wouldn’t even consider getting any laser surgery, for fear that poor vision would be replaced by even worse vision or none at all. It was severe cataracts that eventually forced me to reconsider surgery as I was slowly losing my vision a foot at time anyways. After tons of Internet research and many conversations with family & friends, I was fortunate enough that Dr. Carl Hartman came highly referred to me at SoCal Eye. My first appointment at SoCal Eye was with the rest of his st
in Cerritos, CA |
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Hartman for many years. He is the BEST. He listens to you and explains your condition in great detail, so you can understand it and make informed decisions for yourself. His experience and knowledge is second to none. He always answers all your questions. He is beyond an expert in his field. Nothing but the best equipment and up to date technology and medication is used by Dr. Hartman and his staff. You have peace of mind having him as your doctor.
in Cypress, CA |
Expert knowledge, compassionate, explains everything so it's very understandable, excellent bedside manners. Highly recommend Dr Hartman.
in Seal Beach, CA |
Very thorough and explained every thing. Answered any questions I had.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Carl always greets me by my first name. I only have one eye so as you might guess I'm a bit picky when it comes to eye care. I feel that I'm very lucky to have Dr. Hartman in my corner.
in Long Beach, CA 90803 |
I am 90 years old and over these many years I have seen a number of optomologists. I have found Dr. Carl Hartman exceptionally knowledgable, professional and courteous. I have recommended him to some of my friends and will continue to do so. I only hope that he does not retire before I am gone. I can not say enough about how I feel about him. Jack Stellato
in Cypress, CA |
I've been seeing Dr. Hartman for over 12 years. He's removed a cataract in my left eye, guided me to a retina specialist to have a vitrectomy. He said he is trained to do this but since he has done them so rarely he wanted me to have it done by an experienced expert. He's now helping me get my glaucoma stabilized. He explains everything completely and spends as much time as it takes for me to be comfortable with his treatment plan.
in Cypress, CA |
He's super friendly and puts you at ease right away. He's very thorough and knows what he is doing. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
in Seal Beach, CA |
I had PRK surgery 2006, and an enhancement in 2013. Dr. H. walked me through every step of the way, explaining the process and what to expect. Everything from the appointment setting, to the initial consultation, to the follow up visits were smooth, timely, and wonderful. When I went back for the enhancement, Dr. Carl recommended that we try monovision. I love it! No reading glasses! Earlier this year, my mom went to Dr. H. for cataract surgery. She raves about her awesome experience too!
in MONTEREY, MA |
Dr. Hartman takes time with you to explain the procedure. I had an excellent experience and would recommend him to family and friends.
in Seal Beach CA |
Dr Hartman takes time to explain the procedures/treatment or medications he has recommended. He also simplifies the reason
in Cypress, CA |
Awesome Doctor - down-to-earth, informative, easy to talk to.
in Long Beach, CA |
Amazing doctor...I felt like I was his most important patient. Answers questions thoroughly with caring patience. His diagnosis was spot on and I am extremely happy with my results.
in Downey, CA |
Dr. Hartman who has been my ophthalmologist for over 30 years is a phenomenal doctor and works miracles. I have recommended him for years to my family and friends; he is patient and listens to your concerns and provides options for you. My mother has had two surgeries and I have had one; we were extremely satisfied with the outcome and the courtesy of the staff. Dr Hartman and staff: Thank you for taking care of my family, friends and me. TH
in Carson, CA |
Dr. Hartman took a personal interest in my condition. I had cataracts in both eyes and after a thorough examination, he explained in detail what his recommended course of action would be, including rare but potential risks, costs, and expected outcomes. I was made to feel very comfortable in his care, as he is very good at what he does. The cataract in my left eye had become extremely dense and took extraordinary skill on his part to remove it. The result was perfect! Thank you doctor!!!
in Cypress, CA |
He is a people's physician...he relates. He listens, he explains, he answers, he cares!! And, he is skilled. These multiple qualities are a rare find. in medicine, these days.
in Cypress,ca |
I can see why the practice is so busy he is great doctor. Really knows his stuff.
in Stanton, CA |
I have been under the care of Doctor Hartman for about ten years. I find him to be professional, up to date, and the most caring of my issues. Excellent bedside manner, positive outlook, and great sense of humor are only a few of his sterling traits. He always takes the time to explain requirements and procedures to me, and makes me feel that I am his only visit of the day. Many, many kudos for this man! He inspires confidence in the medical profession.
in California |
Carl & his staff are unparalleled and have always gone out of their way to make sure I am not only comfortable but informed.
Have you seen Dr. Carl Hartman, MD?
Are you Dr. Hartman?

See our Ophthalmology Specialists at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance

Visit Dr. Hartman

Dr. Hartman accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Hartman has admitting privileges