Dr. Carl Hartman, MD

Dr. Carl Hartman, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 56 years old

Personal Bio

Please visit our website for complete biographical information. SoCalEye Read more

Dr. Hartman's Experience

See how Dr. Hartman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hartman

Dr. Hartman accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hartman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Hartman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hartman to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Hartman
Dr. Hartman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (48)
in Seal Beach, CA |
Very thorough and explained every thing. Answered any questions I had.
in Long Beach, CA 90803 |
I am 90 years old and over these many years I have seen a number of optomologists. I have found Dr. Carl Hartman exceptionally knowledgable, professional and courteous. I have recommended him to some of my friends and will continue to do so. I only hope that he does not retire before I am gone. I can not say enough about how I feel about him. Jack Stellato
in Cypress, CA |
I've been seeing Dr. Hartman for over 12 years. He's removed a cataract in my left eye, guided me to a retina specialist to have a vitrectomy. He said he is trained to do this but since he has done them so rarely he wanted me to have it done by an experienced expert. He's now helping me get my glaucoma stabilized. He explains everything completely and spends as much time as it takes for me to be comfortable with his treatment plan.
in Cypress, CA |
He's super friendly and puts you at ease right away. He's very thorough and knows what he is doing. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
in Seal Beach, CA |
I had PRK surgery 2006, and an enhancement in 2013. Dr. H. walked me through every step of the way, explaining the process and what to expect. Everything from the appointment setting, to the initial consultation, to the follow up visits were smooth, timely, and wonderful. When I went back for the enhancement, Dr. Carl recommended that we try monovision. I love it! No reading glasses! Earlier this year, my mom went to Dr. H. for cataract surgery. She raves about her awesome experience too!
in MONTEREY, MA |
Dr. Hartman takes time with you to explain the procedure. I had an excellent experience and would recommend him to family and friends.
in Seal Beach CA |
Dr Hartman takes time to explain the procedures/treatment or medications he has recommended. He also simplifies the reason
in Cypress, CA |
Awesome Doctor - down-to-earth, informative, easy to talk to.
in Long Beach, CA |
Amazing doctor...I felt like I was his most important patient. Answers questions thoroughly with caring patience. His diagnosis was spot on and I am extremely happy with my results.
in Downey, CA |
Dr. Hartman who has been my ophthalmologist for over 30 years is a phenomenal doctor and works miracles. I have recommended him for years to my family and friends; he is patient and listens to your concerns and provides options for you. My mother has had two surgeries and I have had one; we were extremely satisfied with the outcome and the courtesy of the staff. Dr Hartman and staff: Thank you for taking care of my family, friends and me. TH
in Carson, CA |
Dr. Hartman took a personal interest in my condition. I had cataracts in both eyes and after a thorough examination, he explained in detail what his recommended course of action would be, including rare but potential risks, costs, and expected outcomes. I was made to feel very comfortable in his care, as he is very good at what he does. The cataract in my left eye had become extremely dense and took extraordinary skill on his part to remove it. The result was perfect! Thank you doctor!!!
in Cypress, CA |
He is a people's physician...he relates. He listens, he explains, he answers, he cares!! And, he is skilled. These multiple qualities are a rare find. in medicine, these days.
in Cypress,ca |
I can see why the practice is so busy he is great doctor. Really knows his stuff.
in Stanton, CA |
I have been under the care of Doctor Hartman for about ten years. I find him to be professional, up to date, and the most caring of my issues. Excellent bedside manner, positive outlook, and great sense of humor are only a few of his sterling traits. He always takes the time to explain requirements and procedures to me, and makes me feel that I am his only visit of the day. Many, many kudos for this man! He inspires confidence in the medical profession.
in California |
Carl & his staff are unparalleled and have always gone out of their way to make sure I am not only comfortable but informed.
Have you seen Dr. Carl Hartman, MD?
Are you Dr. Hartman?

Compare Dr. Hartman

Dr. Hartman says...

Please visit our website for complete biographical information.  SoCalEye

Dr. Hartman says...

We provide examinations and treat all conditions, including diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and dry eyes.  State of the art surgical options are available.  Cataract surgery is sutureless and all options of advanced technology intraocular lenses, including implants that can eliminate glasses for both distance and near are available.  Refractive procedures, like wavefront optimized all laser LASIK, are offered in our own comfortable on-site center.  Cosmetic procedures are also offered by our partners who specialize in these services.  Glaucoma can be addressed with our medications, on-site lasers, micro-invasive surgical techniques (MIGS) or more advanced surgical options should they be needed. Emergency services are also available.  Whether coming to us as a referral from family, friends, your doctor, or for a second opinion to explore options, we are always happy to spend the time needed to answer all of your questions and allow you to leave with the answers you seek.

Dr. Hartman says...

Dr. Hartman is a Full Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of California, Irvine.  He trains and teaches cataract surgery to the UCI residents.  Dr. Hartman has been serving as a volunteer surgical attending performing surgery on our nation's veterans for more than 26 years.  Has has performed many thousands of cataract and refractive surgeries (LASIK) since joining our medical community in 1990.

Dr. Hartman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Hartman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hartman's Board Certifications

• Corneal Diseases
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Completed in 1990

University of Southern California
  • Other Education
    Full Clinical Professor. University Of California, Irvine

Dr. Hartman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hartman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Laser Surgery
  • Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser Treatment
  • Refractive Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.