Dr. Carl Gibson, MD

Dr. Carl Gibson, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  ·
Dr. Carl Gibson, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Newport News, VA and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from University Of Alabama At Birmingham in 1987 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

12200 Warwick Blvd Ste 590B

Newport News, VA 23601

Learn about Dr. Gibson

See how frequently Dr. Gibson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Hypoglycemia
Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Dr. Gibson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Wm Beaumont Amc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Wm Beaumont Amc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Madigan Amc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Gibson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gibson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gibson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gibson's Reviews

3.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gibson to family and friends

Dr. Gibson's Performance

GOOD

I agree with the reviews that says he doesn't listen he does over talk you and doesn't remember what he has told you on prior visits he doesn't help you to understand what you need to understand.He isn't warm and I felt like he generally didn't care to go above and beyond to help you.So what I did...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have thyroid cancer and need to possibly have radioaodine. I feel like Dr Gibson did not listen to my questions and talked over me. And I walked away with way more questions about my upcoming procedures then answers.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He's o.k He not as personable as I like my Dr., He's just not warm, he seems to be a cold person, not intentionally, just his personality .Would switch if there were others there.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I saw Dr. Gibson for the first time today and he was a very nice man. He asked me questions and I asked him a couple. He explained the procedure I need, an ultrasound guided needle thyroid biopsy, and said we would discuss the results at the next appointment. I almost asked for another doctor...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Carl Gibson diagnosed my hyperparathyroidism after years of MANY other physicians missing the signs. He's actually addressed the cause of my chronic fatigue and depression by listening and then running the right tests. Dr. Gibson actually laughed when I told him I almost skipped coming to see...more
Are you Dr. Gibson?