Dr. Carl Freeman, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 40

Telehealth services available

Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute

1325 San Marco Blvd Jacksonville, FL 32207

Dr. Carl Freeman, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Freeman has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm and Hip/Pelvic Bones than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Freeman to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Carl Freeman, MD with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Freeman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Freeman

Dr. Freeman?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (25)
  • Explained conditions well (25)
  • Listened & answered questions (25)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
I was referred to Dr. Freeman for total knee replacement/open reduction internal fixation surgery. Dr. Freeman is a highly competent, yet caring and compassionate Orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Freeman carefully explained the benefits and risks of my procedures beforehand and he reassured me every step of the way. I have seen numerous surgeons over the years, to include during my tenure in the U.S.Army. Dr. Freeman is by far the best and brightest Orthopedic surgeon I have ever encountered.
R. Mayes – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. freeman, is so proficient in His practice. My shoulder pain was terrible, lost range of motion. I did not know what was wrong. He diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder. he gave me a steroid shot and some home exercises. I would recommend, Dr. Freeman to anyone who is having issues, with their shoulders. I saw DR. Freeman on 04/07/2020, today is 04/08/2020. My pain is gone. Thanks DR. Freeman
J.T. – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
I went to Dr Freeman for an issue with my hip after a year of trying to figure out what was wrong with it. Dr Freeman identified the issue and talked through all of the options for it. I appreciated that he started with a conservative approach of PT, and when I went back for follow up, I asked for another round of PT, and it was no problem. After that round, I asked him if it could be fixed with anything other than surgery. Unfortunately it really couldn’t - so I scheduled it. Dr Freeman is great to talk through options with. He and his staff are really nice. I never felt rushed when I saw him. He took time to chat, explain, and answer all of my questions. I would go back to him in a heartbeat! Thank you Dr Freeman for the outstanding care!
Brooke – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. Freeman is Godsend, an angel from heaven. I suffered agonizing /debilitating pain for 5 months from Avascular Necrosis of the hip/femur area. This highly skilled doctor & his inventive new techniques, saved my hip, my femur head & fixed my ill, and only 1 night in hospital. My hip has been totally pain free since my surgery 2 weeks ago. I am ready to run when he gives me the go ahead. Would give him 100 stars if I could. Highly recommend. Extremely grateful, & satisfied patient. MB
MB – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. Freeman is by far the most experienced and proficient orthopedic surgeon in the Jacksonville, FL area. Not only was he able to repair the past orthopedic surgery that was done on my femur, but implanted a new total hip. I can now walk without pain and falling down. I am very thankful to Dr. Freeman and my PCP for referring me to Dr. Freeman. When moving to a new area it is so hard to find a great surgeon, but I now have the Best.
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Freeman for your Orthopedic needs. He is extremely thorough and attentive to his patients. Dr. Freeman is willing to take on challenging cases and is determined to solve the issues at hand. You can easily tell that he truly cares about your well being and offers the best treatment possible. His staff is also very attentive. I called several times with questions and always received a phone call back in the same day. I feel fortunate and grateful to be under their care.
Carla in FL – Jun 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
To start with, Dr. Freeman you'er my HERO! And why is he my hero? He was the third doctor that I have seen for my shoulder issue. The first 2 doctors had their way with it and after 5, that's correct 5 surgeries,not only making a total mess out of it along with very little use of my arm I went to see Doctor Freeman and his great team. Doctor Freeman fixed in 1 operation what took the other doctors 5 surgeries and never got it right. These 2 doctors work at top name Orthopedic practices.
Terry Brock in Keystone Heights FL – Apr 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Freeman for shoulder pain due to an arthritic condition. My previous doctor did a rotator tendon repair and gave me injections for pain relief. The treatment did very little good. I had only about 60% of my range of motion in my shoulder. Dr. Freeman told me that the only fix was a total shoulder replacement to remove the damaged area. The procedure went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Dr. Freeman and his excellent staff for any shoulder treatment.
Lawrence Rizzuto in Fleming Island, Fl. – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Does not care at all! Lies and never returns calls.
Jacksonville – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. Freeman and his staff at JOI are wonderful. My 5 star rating reflects all aspects of their business including competence, professionalism, communication, punctuality and genuine concern for patient wellbeing.
Lou in Saint Johns, FL. – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. Freeman is amazing! My teenage daughter needed hip surgery and went from being in a wheelchair prior to visiting with Dr. Freeman to being on a running program where she is pain-free 4 months post surgery. I wouldn’t have trusted my child or any family member with anyone but Dr. Freeman! He is THE hip expert in Florida. Thank you Dr. Freeman! ???
Kristen F. in St. Johns, FL – Oct 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Wonderful doctor and staff. Had a knee replacement and it could not have been easier both with appointments and actual surgery when dealing with both the doctor and his staff. They were helpful when asking questions.
Billy Weeks in Jacksonville, FL – Jul 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
I had a total hip replacement in May, 2017. I can't thank Dr. Freeman enough for giving me my life back! I was in considerable pain before the surgery. If you are hesitant, please be assured, Dr. Freeman will help you make the right decision. I was in the hospital for one day, and walking without a walker in less than a week. He totally put me back together! Everyone I met at the office was very friendly, and seemed interested in my recovery. He's the best...I wouldn't use anyone else!
Paula in Jacksonville, FL – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. Freeman and his staff were always incredibly professional. As a busy professional myself, the one thing that I most appreciated was the fact that every time I had an appointment, I was seen on time.
Jennifer in Jacksonville, FL – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Well qualified, caring, spent time listening to my concerns. Great office staff.
Karen Yarsh in St Augustine, FL – Jun 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. Freeman is an outstanding Orthopedic Surgeon. I am so happy with the results of my hip replacement. Dr. Freeman is knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly and he is very caring person. I felt confident with Dr. Freeman from the 1st appointment meeting him, through the surgery and through the post-op appointment. Dr. Freeman is not doubt, a 5 Star surgeon. I highly recommend him.
Kathleen Morris in Jacksonville, FL – Jun 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
I would like to thank Dr. Freeman for his extraordinary care and concern. From my new patient visit and throughout my care, Dr. Freeman has been compassionate, concerned and attentive. Throughout my care, Dr. Freeman has provided a atmosphere of personal attention, second to none. It is very obvious that his staff members are a direct extension of his professionalism and commitment to patient care. Dr. Freeman is knowledgeable and serves his patients with a patient/person-centered model of care.
Demetta F. Vereen in Orange Park, FL – Jun 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Thank GOD for DR.CARL FREEMAN AND HIS STAFF. DR. FREEMAN WORKED WITH ME FOR ABOUT A YEAR WITH MY HIP. PUT OFF MY HIP REPLACEMAN BECAUSE MY SISTER HAS END STAGE LUNG CANCER . DR. FREEMAN WAS SO CARING ABOUT MY SISTER AND WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH HAD MY SURGERY IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR EVERY THING WENT WELL . EIGHT WEEKS OUT I WAS WALKING ON MY OWN THANK YOU AND YOUR STAFF AGAIN DR.FREEMAN WILL TELL EVERY ONE I CAN TELL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR STAFF LETS NOT LEAVE JOI ON MAIN STREET SWEET STAFF GOD BLESS
MS GWENDOLYN WALKER DAVIS in JACKSONVILLE,FL – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Dr. Freeman is and excellent Orthopedic doctor and i had a great experience with him when i had my shoulder injury. He did a thorough exam and came up with the appropriate treatment to fix my shoulder injury. He took time to answer all of my questions and did not rush through the initial exam or the follow up exam. He explained all of the possibilities of what the injury could be without alarming me. I really think he did everything right.
Jacksonville, FL – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?
Excellent physician. Very professional and skilled. I would highly recommend Dr. Freeman to others in need of a great orthopedist. In addition, I found JOI to be well organized and patient friendly.
Jacksonville, FL – May 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carl Freeman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Freeman?

Dr. Carl Freeman is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the treatment of hip and shoulder disorders in patients of all ages at Jacksonville...Read more