Psychiatry  |
Dr. Carl Da Cunha, MD
Dr. Carl Da Cunha, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Memphis, TN. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

1068 Cresthaven Rd Ste 110

Memphis, TN 38119

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • POMCO Group
  • Qualchoice

Learn about Dr. Da Cunha

Dr. Da Cunha's Experience

Dr. Da Cunha's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Universidade Federal Do Maranhao, Centro De Ciencias Da Saude
    Medical School | Graduated 1980

Dr. Da Cunha has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Da Cunha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Da Cunha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Da Cunha's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Da Cunha to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Da Cunha's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Brighton, TN |
So sad to see that dr da cunha and Jessica are closing! I feel like they are my family. I hope I get to interact again with Jessica!! She is beyond special!
in Mississippi |
Very Good doctor and his office staff is so nice! Always helpful and smiling. She sent me a welcome note after my first visit there. Hand written note! So glad I found this practice.
in Selmer TN |
Took care of me in January when I was in the hospital. He helped me SO MUCH. He is a great psychiatrist!
memphis, tn |
Dr. Dacunha and his office staff member are wonderful!. I hate reading the ugly post on here because she has been nothing but sweet to me and my family and other patients in the waiting room. Jessica and Dr. DaCunha go beyond their means to help their patients. People need to realize that not everyone behind those desk work there.
Hernando, MS |
Had appt. for 2 mnths. Dr. office closed. no messages on any of my phones and no missed calls Jessica(?) lied repeatedly. Claimed she talked to my wife, but that’s also a lie. She got hostile with me and made up elaborate lies about me causing a scene at office. That is a lie. Many witnesses. I asked but they say no video. Called me a liar. Called me dangerous and threatening, If I was so dangerous, why did the receptionist invite me into the receptionist area to use their phone.
in collierville tn |
I recently started seeing dr d and I Waited over an hour to get to the back. I asked jess and she was so nice to explain that he didn't rush patients in the office. She offered me a drink or food. She was a gem. He was wonderful when I got back to see him.
in Arlington, TN |
Just started seeing Dr. Da Cunha about 2 months ago. Couldn't be happier! Great doctor and staff is so helpful!
in Munford, TN |
Very responsive to my needs! Excellent at working around my schedule for prescription pick-ups.
Memphis, Tn |
Dr. Da Cunha always takes the time with me to ask how my medication is going, how my life is, and is always precautionary with prescribing medication, as he seems to be one of few doctors out there to understand just how serious these medications are and how they can go from helping people to a problem. I will always recommend Dr. Da Cunha to anyone seeking medical psychiatric advice.
Cabot, AR |
This doctor overbooks appointments and the wait time is excessive
in Arlington, TN |
Dr DaCunha has treated me for years. He is a very caring Professional who takes his time with his patients. His assistant Jessica is always very professional and helpful as well. You don't feel like "just another chart/patient", you're made to feel as if you're their only Patient. I would hate to know I had to go anywhere else. 5 stars!!
in Memphis, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Da Cunha's for six years. He is a very kind and caring man that takes his time with you. The waiting room is often packed and I have waited quite a while to see him occasionally (the only reason for 4 stars vs 5). His assistant Jessica is a gem. She knows me before I even sign in and has always been helpful in explaining my bill, insurance, etc. She has had to call and reschedule appts before but it has never been a problem. Wonderful doctor and sweet assistant.
New York, NY |
Exceptionally unprofessional assistant. She called me informing me my appointment for the next day was cancelled and was rescheduled in a month. When I inquired about rescheduling sooner she raised her voice and told me to find another provider if I didn't like the action she took. This behavior is not only unprofessional and conveys a lack of regard for patients, it is also a liability for the Dr. if his patients are not followed at appropriate intervals.
in Arlington, TN |
Dr Da Cunha is a very kind and compassionate Doctor. I have complete faith in him and appreciate everything that he has done for me. However, his office employee is extremely rude and offensive. Anyone that talks to people in such a rude and intolerant manner has no business in the medical field where empathy is so necessary.
in Burlison, TN |
Today I drove 2 hours for my first visit with Dr, Dacunha. I was a little nervous about how the visit would go with such a long drive in and the mixed reviews I had read. I arrived 8 minutes late and his assistant greeted me at the window. I filled out paper work which was lengthy but his assistant ( i think her name is Jessie) set in the waiting room and helped me. I had to wait for thirty minutes on the doctor to call me back, but when I got back I was not rushed. HE and JEsSIE are the BEST!
in Memphis, TN |
I enjoyed visiting with Dr. Da Cunha. I have never experienced anything other than extreme professionalism when dealing with his office staff. Jessica has always been very helpful when scheduling my appointments. One of the nicest assistants I have ever met.
His low score is due ti Jessica. She is rude and very dishonest. She says you missed appts you never had. Many times she would cancel the appt. On occasion we drove 2 hours and she said she canceled the appt and left a voicemail which was a lie.
Memphis, TN |
Dr. Da Cunha was the best doctor that I have ever had. Unfortunately, Jessica that works in the office is rude, aggressive, and completely unprofessional. She said that I missed appointments that were never scheduled and then I received a letter that I was no longer a patient. Interesting, since I went to Dr. Da Cuhna for 5 years. I was going through a traumatic divorce. I would love to know the real reason I was asked to leave. I cant even put into words how upset I was and still am.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dacunha is great, but his assistant Jessica is the worst! She's rude and very unprofessional and should not be working for a doctor. Perhaps a profession where she is not allowed to speak would be better suited for her.
Have you seen Dr. Carl Da Cunha, MD?
Are you Dr. Da Cunha?

Visit Dr. Da Cunha

Dr. Da Cunha accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
    Blue Network E
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA