Dr. Carl William Bacon, MD

Dr. Carl William Bacon, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Revere Health Orthopedics 700 W 800 N Ste 100, Orem, UT 84057 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Inspired by my grandfather who was a doctor, I always had an interest in the medical field. I subspecialize in the spine, including adult and pediatric deformity (scoliosis), degenerative conditions, trauma and orthopedic trauma (complex fracture care). I have a special interest in spinal deformities and spend a significant amount of time every year working with the world's most renowned spinal deformity surgeons to gain the most up-to-date skills. During my orthopedic surgery residency at University of Southern California, USC was an extremely busy level 1 trauma center. I gained my passion for orthopedic trauma at that time, and it continues to this day. I am the orthopedic surgery trauma liaison for Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, a level 2 trauma center. It has become my goal to make trauma care in Utah Valley the best it can be.Read more

Dr. Bacon's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Bacon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bacon

Dr. Bacon accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bacon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Bacon

Dr. Bacon's Review Details
3.5 based on 35 responses
Experience with Dr. Bacon
Dr. Bacon's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (32)
in Provo, UT |
Doctor Bacon And his PA. are the worst Doctors. If you have any postop problems they don't even take x-rays. Look at the insiton area to see what's going on. Instead they want to send you to a different doctor and have them numb the area so that you can't feel anything and want you out of their offices as fast as possible. So that way they can make some more money off more patients and Maybe even get to bouchée the Surgery so they can screw someone else's back.
I scheduled a epidural steroid shot my apt was at 11:00 am I arrived at 10:45 am I was not called back until 12:50 pm by 1:50 pm I was told I could get the scheduled shot but it could not happen in the office like I had done previously that I had to go to outpatient surgical center where I was told that I was A DR BACON ADD ON that this was NOT SCHEDULED. I had to wait for Dr Bacon to see 3 more patient in order for him to do all 4 shot @ once by 3:30 I was out. Last shot different Doc 2 hrs TL
in Wallsburg, UT |
Dr Bacon is always so kind and understanding. He listens to my concerns but I completely trust him with his decisions on what would be best for me and my health. He is the best Doctor I have ever had! Shawna is amazing as well. Always asks how I am doing and is so gentle when taking x-rays and putting on casts. She is defiantly a huge asset to the team. Drea... She knows the patients by name. She is always so nice and assists the patient with every need. She is so wonderful!!!!
in Provo, UT |
It was great!
Salt Lake City, UT |
I fractured my spine during an accident and Dr. Bacon was the orthopedist on call. When I was discharged from the ER and needed to schedule my follow-up appointment with Dr. Bacon, his staff was exceptionally helpful. With a very busy practice a wait time was expected for my follow-ups. This would be a main reason for the 4 stars. Great care, but there is a wait and face-time with the physician isn't much. Still felt he was a great physician, but not much time was spent with patient/provider.
in Orem, UT |
My ankle injury was very serious and severe. It was referred to as catastrophic by the hospital personnel. Dr. Bacon was the Ortho surgeon on call that day. I have never dealt with him or his staff previously! As I am recovering, I have come to realize one important fact about Dr. Bacon, he did an AMAZING job on repairing my ankle. He performed a miracle. His skills and knowledge are extraordinary! I am healing very well and quickly... I am grateful!!!
Payson, UT |
It took a while for Dr. Bacon to arrive, but when he did, he was warm, pleasant, and direct. He really took the time to listen to me explain my injuries and concerns. I'd read some bad reviews before I went, but I decided to give him a try, and I'm glad I did. I think the reason he is late is because he really takes time to listen to his patients. The office staff were very polite and helpful. On my second visit, the P.A. J. Montgomery was very good also. He explained my MRI results very well.
in Park City, UT |
Dr Bacon put me back together after a bad auto accident. Most people thought I would be in a wheel chair the rest of my life. Most people thought I would never be able to return to work in the same capacity that I had before the accident. Well, those folks were wrong! Without Dr Bacon's skills in the ER, I am pretty sure I would still be in wheel chair and medically retired from work.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
HE IS A VERY CARING, FUN INDIVIDUAL! A PLEASURE TO HAVE AS MY TRAUMA PHYSICIAN. HE MADE THIS CRITICAL TIME A LOT EASIER WITH HIS GREAT TALENT AND SKILL.
in Lehi, UT |
Dr. Bacon was completely focused on my needs, and listened carefully to my description of my problem. After we discussed the possible options I could choose, he left and talked with my spine doctor, presumably to get a more complete understanding of my prognosis. He came back and he explained his suggestion for my treatment plan (fuse one additional joint rather than two) and we discussed this until I fully understood his reasoning. It was clear to me that he had my best interests at heart.
Have you seen Dr. Carl William Bacon, MD?
Are you Dr. Carl William Bacon, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Bacon

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

University Of Utah School Of Medicine

Completed in 1989

University Mo Columbia

Completed in 1995

Brigham Young University

Dr. Bacon has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Bacon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bacon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Bacon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Bacon

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Bacon's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Bacon

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Bacon's Care Philosophy

During my orthopedic surgery residency at University of Southern California, USC was an extremely busy level 1 trauma center. I gained my passion for orthopedic trauma at that time, and it continues to this day. I am the orthopedic surgery trauma liaison for Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, a level 2 trauma center. It has become my goal to make trauma care in Utah Valley the best it can be.