Dr. Carey Dachman, MD

RheumatologyMaleAge 70

Rheumatology

Dr. Carey Dachman, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Schaumburg, IL and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Dachman has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy. He graduated from University of Illinois College of Medicine medical school in 1976. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital and Advocate Sherman Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Carey Dachman, MD

Pain Therapy Associates Limited

455 S Roselle Rd Ste 104 Schaumburg, IL 60193 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Dachman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Dachman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Dachman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (847) 352-5511.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Dachman is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Dachman is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA) Scan
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Joint Fluid Test
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Dachman accepts

Dr. Dachman accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Dachman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dachman

Dr. Dachman

This is a GOOD man & a very fine doctor. Dr. Dachman cares! He has been an exceptional advocate for me, my Chronic Pain & my quality of life. Dr. Dachman - accurately, it has since been confirmed by Coloniscopies, etc., diagnosed me with Celiac (Gluten) Disease LONG BEFORE most anyone knew anything about it & well before grocery stores even knew that carrying it made ANY SENSE. Let alone, knowing what it meant. This was around 2008 or 9. There was ONE Gluten-Free grocery store in the Chicago area & if you didn’t live near it it was a long drive to get there. My wife & I did that every couple of weeks or so - & it was expensive. You could say, too then, that Dr. Dachman also saved my 80-year-old mother, whom I told “this doctor” said was hereditary & that she likely had it. She has it much worse than I do & she has altered her life around it - from Florida - indirectly because of Dr. Dachman. Sure, his specialty may be Rheumatoid Arthritis, but compassion for Chronic Pain is his life!
Brian Kann – Nov 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
I have been treated at Pain Therapy For 20 years now and I feel like family. Dr. Dachman and his whole staff are caring, kind and listen to my needs. I could not ask for better care and professionalism. Keep up the amazing work. ?
Susan in Wonder Lake, IL – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Pain Therapy Associates have been the primary doctors assisting in my medical care for over 6 years. Dr. Dachman is caring, compassionate, listens, explains his recommendations and takes into account my complex medical issues and opinions for treatment. He has tried so many different forms of treatment with the goal of lowering my pain. They offer a wide variety of treatments to bring comfort to all types of rheumatic issues based on the patient's individual needs, such as massage therapy, acupuncture... The front desk staff is always helpful & friendly, esp Kerry. Michelle, the nurse, is wonderful & gets back to patients quickly with questions or test results. Chris, the ultrasound tech, is friendly & knowledgable in his field. Rich, massage therapist, is at the top of his field & helpful with muscle issues/pain. I'm thankful to be under their care, and that they continue to help me as I'm a complex patient. They've helped bring comfort & compassion to my frustrating chronic pain.
Michelle Poland in Schaumburg, IL – Jun 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
If you have pain Dr. Dachman will not stop until he finds out the reason for the pain and treats it. Twenty eight years ago, Dr diagnosed my fibromyalgia . No other dr. even knew what fibromyalgia was at that time and dismissed me as some crazy lady. He worked with me for along time to find the correct meds to let me live a very active life style. I have lots of allergies to meds and he worked through that issue, too. At 70 ,I now have arthritis and he is leaving no stone unturned to get me back to my busy daily routine. He is beyond a doubt the best, most professional,caring doctor I have ever seen. I have recommended him to many others that have tremendous pain. Colleen Carroll, Schaumburg, IL
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr. Dachman is the very best; I have been a patient for over thirty years. He is so knowledgeable, kind, and patient friendly. Dr. Dachman is probably the only doctor I know who actually will pick up the phone to speak to you. I honestly can say there is not a thing he does not know. He researches everything. Once you go to his office, you will never see another. I am in the best shape of my life because of him. Dr. -- you are the best.
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
The finest physician complimented by a kind and efficient staff. I thank them all for helping alleviate the pain of rheumatoid arthritis. Dr even calls long distance in an emergency to check on his patients. I hope I am never without him
Jo Ann bergmann – Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
I’ve been going to Dr. Dachman since 1995. I will not go anywhere else. He and his staff are an incredible team! If I have an urgent situation, he always finds a way to get me in! I love his staff and how they all work together! I feel very fortunate to be under his care.
Lynnette Schwarz -Peterson in IL – Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Dachman for 30 yrs. He took me from being crippled up by rheumatoid arthritis to becoming a marathon runner. His expertise is incredible - always keeping up with cutting edge treatments. I send my friends to him if they need an accurate diagnosis. He is a very gifted diagnostician. He tries to help you avoid surgery unless absolutely necessary and uses all kinds of healing modalities. His Physician Assistants are top notch.
Maurice Hallihan – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
He is a very compassionate doctor. He is very easy to talk to a takes time to listen. All the staffs are very good.
Raji Paulraj in Hoffman Estates, IL – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr. Dachman is part of a rare breed of doctors who actually listens to their patient, hears their history, issues you are having and plans a course of action all with a down to earth personality. Open to all sorts of treatment. Very thorough! explains why for a certain medication if necessary or blood test needing to run or other procedures. Him or his M.A call you immediately when test results are in. If you are in dire need to see him he will squeeze you in. I highly recommend!
j.s in roselle, IL – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Been with this doctor 3yrs and I can’t imagian going to anyone else. I always receive the best care and the staff is great. The best of the best. I can’t thank him enough for how he manages my pain.
Raymond in Bombeck, IL – Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr Dachman has been taking care of my arthritic issues for the last 19 years, he has always given me the best possible care, with a thorough explanation of all of my issues and medications he has prescribed. Dr. Dachman gave me hope at a young age of diagnosis that I was going to be ok. I could never thank him enough for what he has done for me.
K in Chicago – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr Dachman finally gave me a diagnosis that seemed to stump other physicians...He listened to me, went over my testing, and initiated an effective treatment plan..I highly recommend him!
leslie in barrington – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr Dachman is the best doctor I know, he was able to help my aunt with her joint pain. He treated her with compassion and a he has an awesome bedside manner. Dr Dachman is an exceptional diagnostician. He has a great and knowledgeable staff. I recommend him to everyone.
Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr. Dachman is one of the most professional physicians I’ve met. He's a great listener, asks the right questions, and is genuinely concerned about his patient’s well-being. I had little to no wait time when I visited Dr. Dachman office. The receptionists were friendly. I was suffering from severe lower back pain. After this visit and the right medication, I was better in no time. I’m very pleased with my choice to have Dr. Dachman as my physician.
Chris Tad in Prospect Hts, IL – Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
I have fibromyalgia, and am well aware that it is a lifetime issue, made fully aware of this by Dr Dachman... Dr dachman is truly an expert in this field...he has helped me live through this and function as best as possible. Indeed, Dr Dachman specifically told me of the lifetime nature of this issue..and I truly respect his opinion and trust him completely.
gerry in schaumburg, IL – Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
When I had fibromyalgia, i saw him for 2 years. He never told me my fibromyalgia was a lifetime illness, that it would never go away. I do not trust him. All he did was make tons of money off me
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr Dachman and this office is one of the best medical establishments I’ve been to. Whenever I have a question or concern I write Dr D in the patient portal and he has always gotten back to me within 20 minutes! He’s even written me when on a plane !! They actually CARE about the patients with integrity! I don’t feel like I’m fending for myself like I did under other offices. I’m very grateful I found this office. If you need a caring rheumatologist that has real compassion for patients go here!
Sue in IL – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr. Dachman is a wonderful doctor- I have never had a doctor who was as kind, respectful, and caring as he is. He truly cares about me not just as numbers on a chart but as human beings. I was very sick when I started seeing him, and under his care I improved far beyond the point that my previous rheumatologist thought was possible. Dr. Dachman was absolutely determined that I could get better and his positive attitude and treatment style made that happen. Wonderful and helpful staff, Thanks.
Mark B in Schaumburg, IL – Apr 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?
Dr. Dachman and his staff are always so kind and pleasant. It's a doctors visit, but Dr. Dachman and his staff always make me feel like I'm welcome, and I'm enjoying myself so much, I always feeling like I'm in and out really quicker then usual.
Chicago, IL – Apr 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Carey Dachman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dachman?