Dr. Caple Spence, MD

Dr. Caple Spence, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

8121 National Ave Ste 210 Midwest City, OK 73110 Get Directions

Philosophy & Mission Neurosurgical problems are frequently painful and can cause movement to be difficult or impossible. Often, neurological signs and symptoms can be puzzling and frustrating to understand. We all know how we would like to be taken care of when tragedy strikes, and that drives the philosophy of our staff. In our office, you will notice the warm, courteous reception the moment you open the door. Relax in our comfortable waiting area and have a beverage. Our compassion combined with knowledge and experience is evident as we perform a thorough medical and neurosurgical evaluation then develop a unique set of treatment options using a multi-specialty team approach. We provide a variety of non-surgical and surgical treatment options. Through open dialogue we reflect on the risks, benefits and alternatives of each option and assist patients in making their decisions. We encourage questions and the collaboration of family and close friends as part of the process. Dr. Spence specializes in the evaluation and treatment of a variety of brain, spinal and peripheral nerve disorders. We use state-of-the-art technology in both diagnosis and treatment. Being fellowship-trained, Dr. Spence realizes the value of working in collaboration with a team including interventional neuro-radiologists, neurologists, vascular surgeons, neuro-otologists, endocrinologists, pain management specialists, critical care specialists, medical and radiation oncologists. By collaborating with these specialists, Dr. Spence and his colleagues are dedicated to providing the Oklahoma city area and surrounding communities with the highest quality of healthcare. We offer treatment strategies utilizing minimally invasive techniques both in the brain and in the spine. These techniques are usually performed through very small incisions and allow for a rapid, less painful recovery. We also excel in treating complex cranial disorders, reconstructing complex spinal deformities and doing revision spinal surgery.

Dr. Caple Spence, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Midwest City, OK. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Spence is affiliated with Summit Medical Center and Oklahoma Heart Hospital South.

Dr. Spence's Experience

See how Dr. Spence's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Spence

Dr. Spence accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Spence has admitting privileges.

Dr. Spence's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spence to family and friends
    3.2
    Dr. Spence's Performance
      GOOD
      GOOD
    in Norman, OK |
    I went to Dr. Spence as a referral from the Air Force. I waited 1 1/2 hrs.for my scheduled appointment, I finally had 5 minutes with Dr. Spence. He dismissed my problems/pains as arthritic and normal degeneration (I was 47 years old). Dr. Spence spent less than a minute viewing the MRI and when I received a copy of his report to my Primary Care Manager, there was erroneous information and claims in his physical exam which were never done! Don't waste your time here. I actually needed surgery
    in Choctaw, OK |
    Dr. Spence recently performed surgery on my back and I am currently healing from it. I will admit I was a little scared about getting back surgery, but after he explained what I had nearly three times I began to calm down a little inside. I had the feeling that he knew his job and he was very good at it. At first I thought of him rude, but soon after I realized that he was just very too the point on everything. He doesn't sugar coat it and in a way I appreciated that. I did have a few ill instru
    in Cache, OK |
    Dr. Spence was very patient, and informative in answering questions, helping and allowing us time to make the decision for surgery. Once scheduled, and surgery was completed he and his surgery nurse called checking to see how my husband was doing and if we needed anything. The office staff was very friendly, his office was easy to get to, they were helpful in scheduling follow up appointments. We were completely satisfied with the surgery and do not hesitate to recommend Dr. Spence to others.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    Dr. Spence is professional, he listens to understand the problems that you are having. I came to Dr. Spence with numbness in my arm when I would turn my head in a certain direction. Dr. Spence had me to have an MRI to show what was happening. Steps were taken to relieve the problem, and now, everything is normal. I highly recommend Dr. Spence, he will help you.
    Have you seen Dr. Caple Spence, MD?
    Are you Dr. Spence?

Dr. Spence's Care Philosophy

Dr. Spence's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

• Hugo V. Rizzoli Award for Excellence in Neurosurgial Residency Training, 2001

Dr. Spence has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Spence's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
    • Broken Neck
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease

Tampa General Hospital

Completed in 2003

New York University

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Spence does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spence and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Carotid Ultrasound
    • Disc Replacement
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neuroplasty