Dr. Candace Howe, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Female · Age 43

Dr. Howe

HM Medical, LLC Dr. Candace Howe and Dr. Marina Maslovaric

500 Superior Ave Ste 330 Newport Beach, CA 92663

Dr. Candace Howe, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 13 years. She graduated from David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles in 2002 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Howe's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Howe

4.1

Dr. Howe?
Dr. Howe's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Candace Howe, MD
Dr. Howe gave us the greatest help and comfort when we suddenly encountered the most difficult situation. We believe that a good doctor not only has to be reflected in medical skill, but also the medical ethics and psychological comfort to the patient are very important. We are unfortunate enough to encounter the biggest setbacks in our life, but Dr. Howe and her team’s reassurance gives us a lot of confidence to face the future. If there is an opportunity, we hope that when the next baby arrives, we can continue to choose Dr. Howe as our attending doctor and thank you Dr. Howe.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Dr Howe and the whole team at HM medical are amazing! I will return for every one of my pregnancies. They are caring, companionate, and amazing at what they do. This was my first baby and they made sure we were taken care of and explained in detail anything we needed to know. Dr Howe, Dr M, and Dr Neeper Made sure we were always on the same page and made me feel comfortable. They went over our birth plan and made sure that we did everything as close to the way we wanted to deliver and what was safest for the baby. Any complications we had were no match to Dr Howe and we now have a beautiful healthy boy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
I have not met dr however yet but jen was great! I was self conscious about bringing up an issue and she was so easy to talk to about it. And didn't embarrass me when evaluating the problem. Very informative and proactive about helping me find solutions. Thank you for being non judgmental and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
I love Dr. Howe but last week Thursday was a one-hour wait at 10:15am in the morning. I was a bit disappointed with the wait as I had clients waiting on me as well. I understand scheduling is challenging but it seems to be getting more busy every year for my annual. I do love Dr. Howe, she is the best. Very outgoing and passionate about her work and very informative. She always spends a significant amount of time with me once a year and I never feel rushed. She is very thorough and that is important. You would not be disappointed if you chose her as your doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Dr. Howe is the most genuine doctor I have ever been too. She spends time with her patients and never makes me feel rushed or unheard. She works with me through my questions and concerns with precise clinical data and makes sure I leave her office positive and with a new found confidence. She brings so much light and Joy to the room the minute she walks in. I refer every friend I have who is looking for a new OBGYN.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
She is excellent. She takes time to really care for the whole patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Dr. Howe is extremely patient oriented, compassionate, kind, full of energy, and on top of all the most current standards of care and research in the field. She is very thorough during her exams, covering every aspect of women's health and makes you feel like the most important part of her day. I receive excellent care from her very busy practice who are always kind and polite. Dr. Howe is truly one of the finest physicians I have interacted with in my life and over 30 year medical career.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
The office, the staff, and all three doctors have beyond met our expectations. We were looking for a place that cared, a place that answered our questions, and took the time to treat us like the first time parents we are! This is new to us and each of the doctors have been absolutely fantastic. We enjoy going in for our visits, walk out with a wealth of information, and feel so lucky to have found a place we trust and feel so at home with! Thank you team HM!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Love Dr. Howe and all her staff. No one likes to wait for an appt, with pregnant patients and deliveries it’s bound to happen. Having Dr. Howe spend as much time as you need discussing your care is worth every minute in a waiting room. I would highly recommend this strong team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
It was overall a terrible experience. The office staff members are rude and unprofessional. It seems impossible to get ahold of anyone and when an office member returned my call, she was degrading and cold. I have never been treated so horribly when trying to schedule an appointment -it is shocking that an office affiliated with Hoag is run this wa
My goal is evidenced based & compassionate care....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
The most unprofessional and disorganized medical group I have ever encountered. After waiting months to get in they cancelled three appointments hours before they were scheduled...and then said I had to wait another 6 weeks to get in. When I finally did get an appt. no one knew what I was there for even though I explained it to three nurses before I saw Dr. Howe, and even she had no idea why I was there. She may be a good doctor but someone needs to manage the office and communications.
I apologize for the experience you had with us. I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Office keeps cancelling and rescheduling my appointment last minute for the last two years. Insists on seeing only the nurse practitioner!
I apologize. Please let me know who you are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Dr. Howe and the whole team at HM Medical are fantastic. I recommend their practice to anyone who will listen. I had a complicated pregnancy in 2015 and they walked me through every step of the way. After the birth of my daughter, I have had challenges having a successful pregnancy again and they have been wonderful through some really tough situations. Dr. Howe treats her patients like valued friends and I never feel rushed by her, Dr. Masloveric or anyone in the practice. They truly care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
The best part about Dr. Howe and her team is not only are they nice and compassionate, but that they respond so quickly to emails through the patient portal. I can't tell you how many times I messaged them regarding labs, etc. and I have never had to wait even 24 hours to get a response. And, yes, it comes straight from the Dr.! She is hard to get an immediate appointment with, but all the PA's have been great as well so I can say I trust everyone working for her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
She's a sweet lady but she is just too busy to provide aduequate care. I felt like I was part of a chop shop. There were times when I would try call with serious issues and couldn't get in touch with anyone, I ended up changing OB's at 24 weeks! I'm not a needy or high maintenance person at all, I just would have liked to feel more of a connection and more attended to during this special time. I also know multiple people who had bad experiences with her.
I regret that your impression was that we are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Caring, compassionate and professional. I started seeing Dr. Howe when my husband and I were preparing to start our family. I was referred to her by Dr. Brennan of UCLA. We had such a great experience although we moved farther south I wanted to continue my visits with Dr. Howe. She has provided care for me since 2012 and we just had our 2nd little one. I couldn't imagine going to another provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?
Dr Howe and dr masloveric are both amazing doctors. Their staff used to be really horrible , but it has definitely gotten better since the move in 2015 to the new office and they are a lot more on top of everything. They respond quickly via email and call back for emergencies. If I had had any other doctor my daughter would not be here and possibly me. They are both great. And their PA IS AWESOME
Awful. Incompetent.
This seems hurtful and not constructive. My...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Candace Howe, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Howe?

As a general obstetrician and gynecologist it is my goal to care for the whole person. Women are a joy to care for and to care for them well means understanding their complexities and individual differences. I strive to give individual and dedicated medical advice. I feel it a privilege to be so intimately involved in people's lives.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

2006
2002
1998

Dr. Howe accepts

Dr. Howe accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Health Net of California
Large Group HMO
PacifiCare HMO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Howe's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Howe's Top Procedures and Conditions

Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders

Dr. Howe treats Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders more than 91% of her peers

Dr. Howe treats this condition more than 91% of her peers

high
high

Dr. Howe treats Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis more than 85% of her peers

Dr. Howe treats this condition more than 85% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Atrophic Vaginitis

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Howe treats patients.