Dr. Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Practices Dermatology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 37 reviews.
Author:
I refused to sign a form that gives Dr.Rokhar a full control over any feedback I can give on him. I was immediately denied a doctors visit even though I filled all other forms. The way Dr.Rokhar tries to fight your freedom of speech is a form in the end of all the paperwork that you fill. That form has a lot of completely irrelevant text in its first half and in its second half it says that you agree to make Dr.Rokhar the only owner of any feedback that you give on him. You must enable him to censor your feedback to get his service. Now, that I know the way Dr.Rokhar strives for the good ratings, I intent to give him the feedback he deserves on all doctor rating websites I can find.
Author:
Went in for a regular annual skin check up and he was very thorough! Great bedside manners and answered all the questions in detail. Highly recommend this doctor.
Author:
Dr. Rokhsar has consistently exceeded my expectations when it comes to his communication and care. His depth of knowledge and expertise in procedures has been at the highest level I’ve experience in New York City, having lived here for 20 years. I’ve recently had pre-cancerous spots removed from my scalp and the thoroughness of the procedure and explanation of Dr. Rokhsar’s approach have given me great comfort that I am in amazing hands. He is also a patient and caring and thoughtful. The highest praise I can give is that I have recommended him to friends and family and will return to see him myself for any dermatological needs. Also, I’ve been able to make same day appointments which has not been the case with other Doctors in the past and definitely calmed my nerves when my wife pointed out a mole she hadn’t seen before over a recent holiday weekend and my anxiety about it led to sleepless nights.
Author:
SERIOUSLY BEWARE & READ THIS!Today I called his office & tried to schedule an appointment to have a rash looked at. On this Dr's website, it's stated that he accepts Medicare. I verified that when I spoke with the receptionist & indeed she confirmed that he did accept Medicare. She inquired what type of Medicare I have. I'm sure she meant that she wanted to know IF and which supplemental insurance I have. I told her that I had Aarp United Health Care Plan F. That is the most expensive supplemental plan a New Yorker can have. It doesn't require *any* referrals and zero copays from the patient. Plan F picks up everything that plain regular Medicare doesn't pay for. With that information, the receptionist insisted that I provide my credit care number, expiration date, etc. I explained that there was absolutely no reason for the office to have that. She then explained to me that this was their "absolute" office policy. She continued to explain that they bill the credit card 1st
great doctor
Author:
Dr. Rokhsar's confident artistry (re:aesthetic enhancement) is truly impressive. His subtle and beautiful style is backed by an ivy-league education and years of advanced training. Dr. Rokhsar is undoubtedly a world-class level aesthetic physician.
Author:
I've been going to Dr. Rokhsar for a little less than a year. My skin looks much better and cleaner, rosacea and acne cysts are almost gone and I only was on antibiotics for 2 months! Doctor Rokhsar created a combined regimen for my skin that works really well. I recommend doctor to all my friends.
Author:
I have been going to Dr. Cameron Rokhsar for quiet a few years now and every time I go it’s a pleasant experience. He is very kind, caring and compassionate. He listens to your concerns and addresses them. He is also up to date with all the latest technology. I had a procedure done with him as well and he took excellent care of me and called several time to follow-up with me to make sure everything was ok. I highly recommend Dr. Rokhsar and his friendly staff.
Author:
Made appointment without a problem. Was able to get in to his Garden City office during the same week I made the appointment. Arrived early. Was seen at the time of my appointment. Received diagnosis and treatment for initial complaint and in addition, he treated four pre-cancerous sun spots while I was there. All within a working woman's lunch hour! Have been seeing Dr. Rokhsar for close to 20 years. Never had an issue or a scar! He is brilliant!
Author:
Dr. Rokhsar found a cancerous growth on the middle of my right cheek. He removed it with Mohs surgery. It was terrifying to see a large hole in my face but he stitched it up with great care and a month later used a laser and now I can't even see the scar with my reading glasses on. While I was very nervous and scared, Dr. Rokhsar assured me that there was nothing that the both of us could not take care of by working together in protecting my skin. My son was seeing another dermatologist who gave him a prescription for his acne. It got worse while taking the medicine. I sent him to Dr. Rokhsar and he realized it was the wrong dosage. It cleared up right away and he also used a laser for a scar which had formed and his skin now looks BEAUTIFUL! I will be forever grateful for the good work of Dr Rokhsar.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Rokshar’s for many years. He has treated myself, as well as my children. He also treats my father with melanoma. He’s unbelievably caring and incredibly supportive. He has excellent bed side manner. He never rushes you and thoroughly explains all procedures. He uses the most effective treatments on his patients. The results of his work are perfection. Dr. Rokshar’s staff is very efficient and his office is impeccable. I highly recommend Dr. Rokshar. He’s been wonderful to all of us.
Author:
Please don't ever, ever see this man. I was kept waiting for over an hour to see him and he made me feel rushed and unimportant. This bedside manner is super sketchy- he reminded me of an addict the way he talked a mile a minute. He was only focused on two things; getting me to leave and getting as much of my money as he possibly could. You could not scrub the used car salesman stench off of him with a wire brush. Unsavory.
Author:
Dr Rokhsar is fantastic..... he truly has an excellent aesthetic eye and all his work is beautiful and natural !!!! I recommend him highly.
Author:
Dr. Rokhsar is a excellent doctor. He is an expert in his field and completely cleared my hormonal acne. I highly recommend him.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Rokhsar for many years and highly recommend him. He is extremely smart and caring and takes time to answer all my questions.
Author:
I was introduced to Dr. Rokhsar by a colleague as I was seeking a second opinion on a serious issue. Dr. Rokhsar provided sound advice that I decided to follow. Doing so ultimately proved to be an effective remedy. He is talented, professional and I highly recommend.
Author:
Condescending and rude. Basically shrugged his shoulders when I asked him his medical opinion, said he had mixed feelings about my condition and couldn’t give me an answer. I left feeling confused and like I had completely wasted both my time and his. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I wouldn’t recommend him for routine dermatological procedures/ advice
Author:
I've been seeing Dr. Rokhsar for over 8 years for medical as well as cosmetic reasons. He's so knowledgable and is able to diagnos skin issues that he hasn't even seen first hand. He is also extremely skilled in administering various fillers, etc. In addition, I love the fact that my dermatologist can offer me the latest technology available. He's always on top of new options. He doesn't try to up sell you and respects your own goals. My whole family sees him now, he's the best!
Author:
If a simple dermatological procedure is all you need done, say a pilar cyst removal, this is not your place. Poor bedside manner from him and the staff at the back. Visibly rushed. I came in with an almost unnoticeable scalp cyst and left with a visible reddened bump because Dr. R didn’t take his time and failed to remove the whole cyst.
Author:
Dr. Rokhsar was very knowledgeable and addressed all of my dermatological concerns appropriately. I had kybella, botox, filler and laser treatments. I am very satisfied with all. He was very honest and upfront about treatment expectations and outcomes and ultimately the outcomes have exceeded my expectations. Dr. Rokhsar has helped restore my confidence. I found his bedside manner to be very professional and caring and will definitely trust him with all my future dermatology and cosmetic needs.
Author:
If I could give it zero stars rating I would. I came to him for a skin condition -which my PCP told me that only a dermatologist could test for -and I have been following my other doctors orders on a skin rash, but when I came in to see this horribly hostile and pompous doctor with the worst bedside manner, he started basically making fun of me for treating the areas the way I've been treating them but I was only following my own doctors' orders. He then proceeded to yell at me and belittle me.
Author:
Dr. Rokhsar is the best dermatologist I have seen in New York. I have been going to see Dr. Rokhsar for over 7 years. He is patient and smart with a great bedside manner. His expertise with aesthetic treatments such as fillers and laser treatments are unmatched. He also does all of my annual skin exams and has expertly removed moles and treated my sun spots. I would not trust anyone else with my skin!
Author:
I'm surprised at the negative reviews. Dr. Rohksar is skilled and very pleasant and has his patients best interest at heart. I've been a patient for a few months and have been very pleased with all the services and advice for my hyperpigmented skin issues. His staff is very friendly, the office is clean and well kept. I highly recommend him.
Author:
This Doctor is rude and gives you the impression that he can't be bothered-his office manager is less than helpful-the only pleasant person in his office is the receptionist-will never recommend him to anyone!!
Author:
I have never met a more rude, arrogant and disrespectful Doctor. He was so nasty I whelled up with tears in his office. No apology or anything, he just stormed out of the room. He may have gone to Harvard, but that means nothing with such a poor bedside manner. Do not see this physician.
Author:
I had the misfortune of seeing Dr. Rokhsar for a consultation during a recent hospital stay. He was the most arrogant condescending doctor I ever meet. To begin with it took him 3 days to see me after being called for the consult. When he first arrived to my room he did NOT introduce himself and barely paid attention to the details of how my problem occurred. At the end of the 10 minute consult he informed me I could see him as an outpatient which I will not be doing.
Author:
He was very polite, passionate and caring
Author:
Simply the best dermatologist! First my husband went to see dr Rokhsar because none of the 5 doctors he went to helped with his issue. I had a bacterial infection and he easily recognized it. Dr Rokhsar is very professional and knowledgeable in his field!
He is simply the best!