Dr. Cameron N. Carmody, MD

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Texas Spine Consultants 17051 Dallas Pkwy Ste 400, Addison, TX 75001 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

The treatment of spinal disorders is exacting and demanding but ,with care in accurate diagnosis and precise surgical skills, most spinal problems can be corrected. I think that patients deserve a doctor who will honestly tell them when they don't need surgery to get better and, if they do need surgery, that they get the surgery best suited to their needs with the minimum necessary risk and the best possible outcome. Secondary Specialties - All aspects of spine surgery from minimally invasive surgery to major spinal reconstruction of complex spine deformities.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Carmody's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Carmody's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carmody

Dr. Carmody accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Carmody has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Carmody

Dr. Carmody's Review Details
4.6 based on 71 responses
Experience with Dr. Carmody
Dr. Carmody's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (70)
Dr. Cameron N. Carmody, MD says

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience and allowing me the opportunity to work with you.  I will use this information to continuoulsy improve the patient's overall experience in my practice.

in Carrollton, TX |
Needed a laminectomy due to spinal stenosis in my lower back damaging nerves and causing foot drop. I am a difficult case because I am a big guy and have an extensive amount of stenosis. Recently, back pain became worse and would radiate down my legs. I knew I had to have the issue resolved and after researching, made an appointment with Dr Carmody. Had MRI on lumber and thoracic which showed I needed T10 to L5 (7 levels) done. 100% pain free now. Thank you Dr C!
in Arlington, tx |
Before I went to see Dr. Carmody, I saw four other surgeons before him. Every one of them told me I was too complicated to try and fix since I already had 3 prior fusions. Dr. Carmody never told me I was a complicated case much less even made me feel like I was. He not only replaced 2 discs and fused my spine on a curve, but he was able to finally give me the pain relief I was so desperate for. Not only does he show compassion for his patients, but he is a miracle worker too.
in Plano, TX |
Dr Carmody was knowledgeable, personable and reassuring. A pleasurable consultation.
in Elk City, OK |
For me, Dr. Carmody is my miracle worker!! He diagnosed my problem immediately. I had spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis,but he assured me that although I would need surgery, my back could be fixed. He explained everything to me in terms that I could understand and I agreed to have spinal fusion surgery. I will never regret that decision! Two months after my surgery, I was completely free from back pain! I walk about two miles every day! If you have back problems, I recommend Dr. Carmody!
Have you seen Dr. Cameron N. Carmody, MD?

Compare Dr. Carmody

Why It Matters: Dr. Carmody's Board Certifications

Dr. Carmody says..

I treat all condition of the neck and back. I have gained experience over the past 20 years that allows me to use a wide variety of treatment options for any number of spinal disorders to minimize the risks and to maximize the effectiveness of treatment. Relief starts with a correct diagnosis and a clear understanding of the treatment options. Let me help diagnose your condition. I look forward to earning your trust.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Vertebral Fracture

Dr. Carmody says..

I specialize in surgery of the spine. I perform smaller, routine operations of the neck and back as well as spinal reconstructions for severe deformity. I believe that a spine surgeon should have many tools and master numerous techniques so that he can use the technique that is best suited to the patient's problem.  I have had the great good-fortune to have trained with one of the best spine surgeons in the world. I have learned many techniques and I use the very best tools and equipment to achieve the best result possible for my patients. I am working with engineers and industry leaders to improve implant design that will improve fusion rates and speed healing time. I do not use lasers because they bring no added value to patients having spine surgery. When it comes to spine surgery, don't get burned by a laser. My philosophy is that patients deserve "maximally effective" spine surgery. The goal is to fix the problem well with a minimum of pain and the least chance of failure.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation

University Of California, Irvine

Graduated in 1989

• Compassionate Doctor Award, 2009-2010
    • Patient Choice Award, 2009-2011

Dr. Carmody has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carmody does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carmody and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Carmody's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Carmody

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Carmody's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Carmody

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Carmody says...

I was born and raised in California. I put myself through both College and Medical School at the University of California, Irvine. I trained in Orthopedics and specialized in spine surgery completing a Fellowship in Spinal Reconstructive surgery in Gainesville, Florida. I have been practicing for 20 years, the past 15 years in Plano, Texas at the Plano Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Center before joining the Texas Spine Consultants in Addison. I've been married to the same wonderful woman for the past 28 years. I enjoy fishing, I play the acoustic guitar and I enjoy a good espresso. I enjoy my work. It is an honor to earn and hold the trust of patients suffering from spinal disorders and to help them to return to normal function.

Dr. Carmody's Care Philosophy