Dr. Cameron Carmody, MD

Dr. Cameron Carmody, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Cameron Carmody, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Addison, TX. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Read his story

17051 Dallas Pkwy Ste 400

Addison, TX 75001

• Guardian

Learn about Dr. Carmody

See how frequently Dr. Carmody performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Carmody's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Carmody's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Carmody "I was born and raised in California. I put myself through both College and Medical School at the University of California, Irvine. I trained in Orthopedics and specialized in spine surgery completing a Fellowship in Spinal Reconstructive surgery in Gainesville, Florida. I have been practicing for 21 years, the past 15 years in Plano, Texas at the Plano Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Center before joining the Texas Spine Consultants in Addison. I've been married to the same wonderful woman for the past 28 years. I enjoy fishing, I play the acoustic guitar and I enjoy a good espresso. I enjoy my work. It is an honor to earn and hold the trust of patients suffering from spinal disorders and to help them to return to normal function. "

This content was provided by Dr. Carmody "The treatment of spinal disorders is exacting and demanding but ,with care in accurate diagnosis and precise surgical skills, most spinal problems can be corrected. I think that patients deserve a doctor who will honestly tell them when they don't need surgery to get better and, if they do need surgery, that they get the surgery best suited to their needs with the minimum necessary risk and the best possible outcome. Secondary Specialties - All aspects of spine surgery from minimally invasive surgery to major spinal reconstruction of complex spine deformities."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Hip Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Fracture

• Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

• Florida Neck and Back Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

• Compassionate Doctor Award, 2009-2010
  • Patient Choice Award, 2009-2011

Dr. Carmody has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carmody does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carmody and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carmody's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carmody to family and friends
Dr. Carmody Says:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience and allowing me the opportunity to work with you.  I will use this information to continuoulsy improve the patient's overall experience in my practice.

Dr. Carmody's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
I keep Dr Carmody's info in my phone so I can pass it along 2 anyone who I hear is having orthopedic back problems. Had my surgery over 2 yrs ago & have had not 1 issue. U rock Dr Carmody. ;- )
The Colony, TX |
After seeing Dr. Carmody for 3 years I discovered he'd not listened to a word I'd been telling him. At my last appointment, after discussing my recent treatment and physical therapy results, he turned to his assistant who was taking notes and "recapped" what I'd been telling him. He said the exact opposite of what I'd been telling him for 3 years. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The constant pain is bad enough but to have wasted 3 years... I'm dumbfounded.
in Hillsboro, TX |
Cannot say enough good things about Dr Carmody, Randy, and staff. They have gone above and beyond to help me through neck and back issues over the past 14 years. If I could give them a 10 star rating I would!!
in Carrollton, Texas |
I am so grateful my manager recommended Dr. Carmody to me. I had just about given up on ever getting rid of the excruciating pain in my left arm. I made an appointment with Dr. Carmody and he reviewed my MRI and x-rays. He explained the procedure and we scheduled the surgery. When I awoke after the surgery, honestly, the pain went from a 9 down to a 4 which the pain was mostly from the surgery itself. A week later my pain is non-existent. He is an amazing and highly-talented surgeon!!!
Gunter, Texas |
Dr carmody is an excellent surgeon and all Of the reviews I read about him were the reasons I chose to make an appt a year ago. He made my husband and I feel Like we were family and my back has never felt better!! All the great reviews you will read are 100% accurate and I recommend him always when asked about my surgery.
Richardson, TX |
I visited Dr Carmody in Nov 2016. I had several problems that were causing pain and numbness in my back and leg. The operation was successfull and today I am 150% better and walk without a limp. I highly recommend Dr Carmody both for his skill and bedside manner. He really cares about your health and will do what is necessary to fix it.
Happy to be of help. Thanks for the kind comments. Dr. C
in The Colony, TX |
Dr. Carmody is a wonderful person who feels compassion for his patients. I have never experienced a bedside manor as refreshing and satisfying. He is an excellent surgeon. He repaired my cervical spine and my lumbar spine. I am free of the pain that I experienced for years. I feel blessed to have Dr. Carmody as my orthopedic surgeon and would recommend him to anyone needing help with their spine.
in Dallas, TX |
He is extremely personable and listens to your complaints. I felt very comfortable with his feedback about my case and he was in no hurry suggesting surgery. He wants to take the time to learn more about your symptoms before suggesting any invasive procedures. Overall, the entire experience was positive and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor.
in Ardmore, OK |
Outstanding bedside manners. Awesome surgeon, recovery time was unbelievable for my third back surgery(first by Dr. Carmody). Would recommend to anyone and if I ever need another Dr of this type, I would not use anyone else.
in Carrollton, TX |
Needed a laminectomy due to spinal stenosis in my lower back damaging nerves and causing foot drop. I am a difficult case because I am a big guy and have an extensive amount of stenosis. Recently, back pain became worse and would radiate down my legs. I knew I had to have the issue resolved and after researching, made an appointment with Dr Carmody. Had MRI on lumber and thoracic which showed I needed T10 to L5 (7 levels) done. 100% pain free now. Thank you Dr C!
in Arlington, tx |
Before I went to see Dr. Carmody, I saw four other surgeons before him. Every one of them told me I was too complicated to try and fix since I already had 3 prior fusions. Dr. Carmody never told me I was a complicated case much less even made me feel like I was. He not only replaced 2 discs and fused my spine on a curve, but he was able to finally give me the pain relief I was so desperate for. Not only does he show compassion for his patients, but he is a miracle worker too.
in Plano, TX |
Dr Carmody was knowledgeable, personable and reassuring. A pleasurable consultation.
in Elk City, OK |
For me, Dr. Carmody is my miracle worker!! He diagnosed my problem immediately. I had spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis,but he assured me that although I would need surgery, my back could be fixed. He explained everything to me in terms that I could understand and I agreed to have spinal fusion surgery. I will never regret that decision! Two months after my surgery, I was completely free from back pain! I walk about two miles every day! If you have back problems, I recommend Dr. Carmody!
Have you seen Dr. Cameron Carmody, MD?

Visit Dr. Carmody