Dr. Cameron Barr, MD

Dr. Barr
Telehealth services available

Scripps Clinic

10666 N Torrey Pines Rd Stop 213 La Jolla, CA 92037

Dr. Cameron Barr, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in La Jolla, CA. Dr. Barr has more experience with Ankle/Foot than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Scripps Green Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Barr to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Barr with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health.

Make an appointment at Palomar Health today at (442) 274-0585.

Filter by
Provider Ratings
provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Palomar Health.

Dr. Barr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Barr

Dr. Barr?
I broke my ankle while zip-lining while on vacation. When I returned home I was fortunate to see Dr. Barr for an evaluation about whether I needed surgery or would be able to heal properly without surgery. I did need surgery and Dr. Barr and his excellent staff successfully saw me through each step of the surgical and rehabilitation process. Dr. Barr was and always is available to answer questions and he explained what to expect throughout the process. He is an experienced, responsive, smart, insightful, and talented surgeon. I received the best care from start to finish. Today my ankle is healed and I am back to all of my athletic activities. Thank you so much Dr. Barr.
ALICIA – May 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Highly recommend! Dr. Barr and his staff are great! I was referred to Dr. Barr for a trimalleolar (ankle) fracture in August 2018 that required surgery. Every step of the 6 month process I was under his care was seamless. He has a highly organized practice and each step was carefully explained by both him and his wonderful nurse Dinna. Both Dr. Barr and Dinna are caring, patient and answered all my questions. Appointments were always on time (most of the time they got me in early). Surgery and the recovery process was just as Dr. Barr explained. Very happy with him, his staff and the results. Recommend without reservation!
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr Barr is the kindest most compassionate surgeon I’ve ever dealt with. He explained the entire procedure to me from my xrays and answered all my questions. His bedside manner is outstanding and his surgical skills are TOPS. I am now walking without pain and a limp for the first time in years. Thank you Dr Barr.
Lulu – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
My journey to reconstruct my foot was amazing
LuAnn S – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
My daughter had her ankle fixed by Dr. Barr after a soccer injury, and we couldn't have had a better experience. He is caring, thoughtful, and helped walk us through the whole process. Surgery went well, and my daughter is back playing soccer. I will recommend Dr. Barr to all family and friends.
Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
I’m here to warn other people about the incompetence of Cameron Barr. I went in for an issues with my Achilles/calf, even from the beginning I had to plead with him to understand what was going on with me and after constant explaining he finally caved to send me through a flurry of exams. After he couldn’t see what was wrong even though there is something clearly wrong he basically wrote me off as he was doing in the beginning and tried to assign me to a neurologist for a SPORTS INJURY that did not involve any contact with my back or head. Please avoid at all cost if you have any atypical injury that’s not straight forward, he will come in with preconceived notions and write you off to start. I’ve honestly been heartbroken as I’ve had this issue for years and was hoping I would finally get the treatment I needed. Now I have to go to another Dr because he somehow think theres nothing wrong. Please avoid at all cost for sports related injuries. Heartbreaking news please avoid
michael tillman – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr Barr is amazing! He is kind, gentle, very caring and spends time answering questions. I feel so lucky to have had him as my surgeon. I wish I could have him as my Primary Care Physician!
Cynthia Galanti – Oct 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr. Barr is fantastic orthopedic surgeon. He’s done both of my feet and been great through out the whole process.
Scott in San Diego, CA – Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr. Barr is an amazing doctor! He has great bedside manners and knows what he’s doing. I felt comfortable with him and he spent a lot of time with me during our appt which many doctors don’t do, to make sure I got all my questions answered. His staff is wonderful and checked up on me many times pre and post op surgery. You won’t be disappointed!
May 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr Barr and his assistant Nurse Dina are fantastic, Dr Barr is on time for appointments, does his own wound care And keeps check on his surgeries with follow up appointments. I had a ankle reconstruction done as a result of a fall while hiking , it took a long time but he did a good job
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Exercise surgeon. I dislocated my foot and broke my ankle. 9 pins & tying up the tendons to heal correctly. Direct & to the point. I felt completely at ease with him & confident he was going to fix me up. 9 months later I’m doing great. Gaining strength & riding my horses again.
Cindy in Valley Center, CA – Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr. Barr is a caring and talented surgeon. He helped my wife deal with a deformed foot. She had surgery years ago but the foot still had problems. Dr. Barr did a surgery to fuse bones to fix the problem. We are now back walking together and she is getting better every day. We could not have had a better experience! He helped us through every step of the way.
La Jolla, CA – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
I'm so thankful to Dr. Barr. I ruptured my Achilles and was able to get in with Dr. Barr. He spent a good amount of time with me explaining options and his recommendations. He performed my surgery and it went very well. I'm now 7 months post-op and back to all my normal activities. I highly recommend Dr. Barr and his support team.
Christine in San Diego, CA – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
I cannot thank Dr. Barr and his staff enough. A year ago I injured my ankle and thought my days of running were over. When I finally saw Dr. Barr I was frustrated and thought nothing could be done. He took the time to listen to me, do a thorough exam, and explain surgical and non-surgical options. I ended up going with the surgery and I'm so glad I did. I'm now able to run without pain and training for a 1/2 marathon next month. Couldn't be more pleased.
Ethan L. – Jun 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Great doc, great experience. Personable and smart. Surgery went smooth and I am very pleased with progress.
May 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr. Barr is a breath of fresh air! He is smart, skilled, and compassionate. A joy every time I saw him. I didn't know orthopedic surgeons specialized in the foot until my doctor referred me. I had seen a few podiatrists and was not satisfied. Dr. Barr found an extra bone in my foot which was the problem. I went through with surgery 4 months ago, and I couldn't be happier. I am back to running! I would recommend to anyone.
Danielle F in Carlsbad, CA – May 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
I went into see the doctor for a broken foot. He informed me that I required microsurgery. I was referred to his practice by urgent care and saw his PA the week before. I needed ,and still do, some disability papers filled out. He informed me that he wouldn't fill them out. I told him that I was referred directly to him from urgent care. He refused sightings my need to go find a primary care physician for that. I had more questions about my foot and he absoluty refused to answer any questions.
Melissa Gomez in SAN DIEGO – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr Cameron Barr is a caring, extremely talented expert in his field! If you are looking for an extremely professional physician with fantastic bedside manner for your orthopedic foot surgery needs, he is your guy!!! Thank you for your fantastic care!!!!
Brian in San Diego, CA – Oct 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr Cameron Barr is extremely competent. He takes his time to explain exactly what he is doing and what you are required to do. A rare breed finding such a humble superstar. If you are his patient you are in great hands. Leslie and all his staff across the board -awesome consistently before and after a complicated procedure and a grumpy patient with many visits. Highly recommended and admired. I have seen more than 100 doctors. Superstars =short list. Also Gavin the cast maker deserves a medal
Matt and Tracy mull in Del Mar ca – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?
Dr. Barr did a fantastic job explaining the details of my injury and thoroughly discussing the procedure he was to perform on my ankle. His expertise was obvious and I am well on my way to full recovery. The entire experience was far easier and more hassle-free than expected. Highly recommended.
Dave S in San Diego, CA – Aug 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cameron Barr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barr?

2013