Dr. Calvin Van Reken, MD

Dr. Calvin Van Reken, MD

Geriatric Medicine  ·
Dr. Calvin Van Reken, MD is a geriatric medicine specialist in Reno, NV and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1978 and specializes in geriatric medicine and internal medicine.

55 Foothill Rd Ste 1

Reno, NV 89511

Learn about Dr. Van Reken

See how frequently Dr. Van Reken performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vitamin D Deficiency
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Malaise and Fatigue

Dr. Van Reken's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Van Reken "Your health and looks are our concern. We practice both cosmetic and family medicine. Dr. Van Reken is detail oriented, thorough and was accepted into med school at 19. He has taught cosmetic and skin issues to other doctors. We believe if we take good care of you you'll send your friends and family in. Whatever care you've had before you'll almost certainly feel ours is more comprehensive. We spend 30 minutes on return medical patients, 1-2 hours on new patients. You'll receive a typed copy of your report on each visit detailing your medications, diagnoses, etc. Our staff is friendly and mostly bilingual. Many of our patients see us for both cosmetic and medical issues. One stop shop: get a physical, thyroid pills, Botox and laser skin care by great staff in one office. Hours: 8:30 to 6:30 Mon-Thu, 8:30-4:30 Fri, 9-3 Sat, Sun/Evenings by request."

• Geriatric Medicine

• Geriatric Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Biopsy
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Prostate Cancer Screening
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Thyroid Screening

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Blodgett Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Blodgett Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Van Reken has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Van Reken does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Van Reken and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Van Reken's Reviews

3.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Van Reken to family and friends

Dr. Van Reken's Performance

GOOD

I've come to trust Dr. Van Reken with our family health care. While I first started seeing him for cosmetic procedures, he has become our primary care physician as well, and we are very happy to recommend his services. Recently, I tried the new laser treatment for improving vaginal tone, and the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I am very thankful for the care that I have received for myself and my daughters, from Dr. Van Reken and his staff. He is a caring and capable physician. His staff members work very hard to maintain a good rapport with their patients and are accommodating. Dr. V spends extra time with his patients...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
DO NOT GO HERE FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES!!!I had seen Dr. Van Reken to get rid of a double chin. The doctor performed Kybella injections to dissolve fat. The doctor placed no Kybella under my chin, where the fat was located, instead he placed 3 vials of Kybella in my neck. I have permanent...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Have been using in excess of 12 years and he has always treated me professionally, and caring. On occasions when Reno/Sparks has had bad air, he has had his staff call me, to insure my well being.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1