Dr. Calin Pop, MD

Dr. Calin Pop, MD

Diabetes Medicine  |
Dr. Calin Pop, MD is a diabetes medicine doctor who practices in Spring Hill, FL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Read his story

4215 Rachel Blvd

Spring Hill, FL 34607

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Pop

See how frequently Dr. Pop performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Malaise and Fatigue
Hypothyroidism

Dr. Pop's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Pop's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pop "Dr. Calin V. Pop, MD is a Board Certified licensed and fully trained Internal Medicine specialist serving the Spring Hill area working full time in clinical practice for the last two decades. Dr. Pop specializes in addressing the deeper, underlying causes of illness, providing expert health guidance with a practical balance of conventional and unconventional approaches to illness. He frequently advises of lifestyle changes, that will result in increased health and longevity.He has successfully treated thousands of individuals over the last twenty years, many of whom could not be successfully treated by any other doctor. We do things differently here. Dr. Pop experienced the challenges of clinical practice firsthand, understands the role of the laboratory and scientific clinical testing in the practice of medicine, and has solid expertise in the metabolic approach to health. Dr. Pop uses science based nutrition and lifestyle modalities as the first line approach for any chronic illness. The concept of "Lifestyle as Medicine" is the force beneath all aspects of patient care. Dr. Pop is an accomplished author of many books about DIABETES, HEART DISEASE,FATIGUE and DEPRESSION. Dr. Pop brings extensive knowledge, experience and integrative expertise in health related fields. He is a professional member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine and the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine. FORMS OF PAYMENT Accepts checks, Visa, MasterCard and assignment for accepted insurance INSURANCES ACCEPTED Medicare. Medicare Supplements. OFFICE HOURS Monday to Friday: 9 AM to 5 PM "

This content was provided by Dr. Pop "Medical  Doctor  •  Author  • Consultant  •  Wellness Architect

Offering Personalized Guidance in complicated health conditions.

Dr. Pop's goal as a medical doctor is to employ therapies that support and promote the body's natural healing processes. He believes in optimizing individual health in order to decrease the risk of familial tendencies and to prevent and stop chronic degenerative illnesses. At the heart of Dr. Pop's practice is the belief that maintaining and improving one's health is a process that requires expert guidance. He encourages his patients to make wise lifestyle changes, even unconventional, that will result in increased health and longevity.

Dr Pop strongly believes in the concept of doctors as teachers, both on an individual level and in the broader public spectrum, through public conversation and lecture, books, articles, and the Internet. Dr. Pop has authored many books and has been involved with several patents, innovations, and cutting-edge medical products."

• Diabetes Medicine

• Asthma
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Emphysema
  • Female Infertility
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Goiter
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Kidney Disease
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Liver Failure

• Internal Medicine-St Vincent's Med Center Of Richmond, Ny
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Internal Medicine-St Vincent's Med Center Of Bridgeport, Ct
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Pop has no media or publications listed.

• Romanian

Dr. Pop does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pop and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pop's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pop to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Pop Says:

Thank you for taking the time to send us valuable feed-back.

We specialize in complex medical conditions, requiring world class guidance. Please remember that we are not here "just in case you need a doctor" once or twice a year.

We have thousands of happy patients that think the world of us and our

...

Dr. Pop's Performance
homosassa, fl |
Dr. Pop"s practice is truly the highest quality medical care available in this region of Florida. After years of being disappointed with other practitioners I was fortunate to find Dr. Pop and his very caring staff. My health has flourished under his guidance and I can honestly say I have never felt better in my life. He listens carefully to develop a treatment plan that provides a personal prescription for outstanding health. I am committed to following his advice for my continued wellness.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Pop is an amazing doctor! If you want a doctor that takes the time to explain what is going on with you, he is the one. He orders necessary tests to figure out what is wrong or right with you. Prior to this, my care was mediocre (from typical textbook medicine approach). Dr. Pop is very intelligent, precise, kind and compassionate. I have a doctor I can trust to give me the very best care a person could have. Also, his staff is absolutely awesome-they are worth their weight in gold!
in Spring Hill |
I have been a patient with Dr. Pop for two years. I have never in 60 years been treated with the concern and respect that I have encountered at his office. His staff is a great testimonial to his leadership. They are friendly, efficient, professional and show concern for each other as well as the patients. The medical advice that Dr. Pop gives is amazing. He is fearless, and intelligent. Having come from a family of physicians , I was cynical at best. His books and vitamins are great!
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Pop will assist you in managing your own healthcare. He is very thorough, takes his time & listens to your issues. So make a list & be ready. Recommendations are sound, logical & he is not a pill pusher. If you are looking for a great Dr. who helps you get to the bottom of your real health & maintenance issues look no further. But be ready to do as he says, keep your appointments, bring in all your meds every time because Dr. Pop & staff are logging everything you take or need. 55+ only.
in Brooksville, FL |
We moved to fl & I did not have a internist so I looked on healthgrades & I found Dr Pop. I saw him on the first visit & after a EKG he saw something irregular. He did more tests on me that all came back positive. I had a stent put in. If it was not for Dr pop seeing my problem I may not be here now. He took the time to go over all my tests & offered what steps to take. I would highly recommend him.
in Spring Hill, FL |
The recommendations and treatment I have received so far from Dr. Pop have been nothing less than excellent.Every time I have been to his office Dr. Pop and his staff have impressed me with their kind and knowledgeable treatment.Each time I was seen on time and all my questions were answered to my satisfaction.At no time did I feel I was being rushed and Dr Pop and his staff explained everything.
Sarasota, FL |
The Dr. Is great but the office manager is very unpleasant if you see a mistake she made . She messed up our insurance so we were over charged and then did not do anything about it. I had to do it even though it was her mistake and I had tried to point it out.
in Spring Hill, FL |
1. He was on time for my appointment. 2. He gave me an hour appt. for our first appt. which was great as there is a lot to discuss on first visit. 3. He listened to everything I said as at the end he wrote down what we had discussed and what our plan was so we both knew what was going to happen. 4. He asked me how I felt about pills versus natural which is very important to me. Fewer the better. 5. He took steps to check things I have mentioned to other Drs. 6. Great 1st impression.
in Brooksville, FL |
Dr. Pop is very knowledgeable and caring. He goes into great detail to explain everything to my knowledge base.
Have you seen Dr. Calin Pop, MD?
Are you Dr. Pop?