Dr. Caleb Kallen, MD

Dr. Kallen
Telehealth services available

Shady Grove Fertility - Pennsylvania

945 Chesterbrook Blvd Chesterbrook, PA 19087

Dr. Caleb Kallen, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Chesterbrook, PA and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Pennsylvania medical school in 1998. He is affiliated with Paoli Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kallen to book an appointment.

Compare with other Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists

Compare Dr. Kallen with our nearby Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists at Jefferson Abington Hospital.

Make an appointment at Jefferson Abington Hospital today at (215) 596-4838.

These providers are on the medical staff of Jefferson Abington Hospital.

Dr. Kallen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kallen

Dr. Kallen
There are not enough words to express my gratitude for Dr.Kallen and the entire Shady Grove team.  From our first consultation at ShadyGrove, Dr. Kallen explained our options – and ultimately the entire IVF process– in detail in a calm and reassuring manner, making sure to answer all of our questions along the way.    We began our care at the Philadelphia location where nurse Laura took care of us and made us feel like family. We ultimately changed locations (and nurses) because of COVID, but had a similarly wonderful experience with nurse Nikki.  At the Chesterbrook location, I was always greeted with a smile and words of encouragement by Nina at reception.    The best part: I am posting this review with my absolutely perfect two-week old daughter in my arms!  We are so unbelievably grateful to Dr. Kallen and Shady Grove for making her journey into the world possible.  We know we would not be here without the amazing help and support provided from Day 1 by our Shady Grove family!
Dana Okur – Apr 19, 2021
Dr. Kallen's quality of medical care is outstanding! From our first meeting in 2018, till we got our little miracle he worked with us to address all our concerns clearly. His optimism and compassion kept us going even on our toughest days. He gives the most resourceful advice medically and financially with lots of options to choose from. I would very highly recommend him to anyone
Victoria Adieze – Dec 04, 2020
Victoria, Thank you so much for sharing your...Read More
Dr. Kallen helped make our dream of having a family become a reality. We came to him as a second opinion and were blown away from our initial appointment. He took the time to explain everything to us in detail. Although the outcome of our first cycle of IVF was not what either of us expected, he remained optimistic, encouraging and informative. He didn't sugarcoat anything, which I can appreciate. Everyone we worked with were wonderful. The team is very collaborative. He even took the time to call me personally a few times to talk things over and to deliver some bittersweet news - all of which could've been done by his nurse, but he took the time to do so. Little things like that is what makes him stand out. He is incredibly knowledgeable and thoughtful. Thanks to Dr. Kallen we have a daughter who's the light of our life and expecting our second this fall.
Amy B. – Jun 10, 2020
I’m sitting here with my 4 week old son thanks to Dr. Kallen and the team at Shady Grove. Dr. Kallen knew the best course of action for our situation and we are forever grateful for his help.
Tara Merkel – Apr 22, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experience...Read More
I was treated at Shady Grove for 2 years. Dr. Ryan Martin is my primary doctor but most of my IVF monitoring was done by Dr. Kallen. You can't find a better practice than SGF at PA. The entire medical team is professional, personal, and caring. I 100% trust Dr. Martin, Dr. Kallen, and their teams and felt relaxed during my treatments. They are like a family to me. I was a difficult case but I was always encouraged and treated patiently and finally miracle happened. After several rounds of IVF, I now have a 2-week old healthy boy sleeping right next to me.
Sherry – Dec 22, 2019
Dr. Kallen is extremely patient and knowledgeable. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and honestly and never made us feel like he was in a rush. We greatly appreciated his care!
Aug 22, 2019
Patience is the key. Learnt this from Dr.Kallen. Along with me, he had patience and hopeful that some day I will achieve what I told him on first meet. He took right decisions on my medicines and scans. None went wrong, never suffered an overdose so far. It was a long journey of 1.5 years and finally me and my husband were successful, combat unexplained infertility. Technically, he and his team are undoubtedly strong.Nurse coordinator was Lisa and my nurse Elyse (oh my God) she was the best thing which motivated me to go for a blood work or ultrasound everyday. Elyse is dedicated nurse, helped me with knowledge and patience all the way through end. Lucky us on getting Elyse.Nina in frontdesk of chesterbrook is a pleasant helpful person. Appreciate everyone's help and equally share the success with shady grove family. I would also thank Dr.Martin and Dr.Isaac ,stepping in and helping on right directions.Chesterbrook has a good team. Finance team Heath can treat patients better.
User – Aug 20, 2019
The worst experience I could come across. I went to Dr. Kallen on December 4, 2018 for a check up ran some test that supposedly were covered by my insurance and now I am receiving bills for. I was then sent for an HSG exam that I was not properly briefed on as he let his assistant explain and she was just learning so she did not know anything. I went for the test as I trusted they knew what they were talking about and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I called their emergency hotline and they responded a day after and I explained I was running high fevers and could not walk and they sent me to an urgent care that could not help me and I took myself to the ER and was immediately hospitalized and on observation because they though I may need surgery. Until this day Dr. Kallen has not called me, I called numerous times requesting information about my test what happened how I ended up in the hospital and no one could help me. I am now receiving collection letters and still do not know.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 16, 2019
I would say that I have not come across a better doctor than Dr. Kallen so far. The best part of him is he understands the patient well and give the best suggestion for the treatment. The over all experience with shady groves was the best in every terms. Me and my wife did not feel the stress of going through the process. I would say it was like a cake walk for us under Dr . Kallen . He is sincere, caring and exact to the point. The staff at the center city location is also very accommodative. In future if we need a treatment for our next issue we will with out a second thought go to Dr. Kallen.
Hanna – Jun 30, 2019
Dr. Kallen and his staff were phenomenal throughout our infertility journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better and more supportive group of people. Even when we were discouraged, he always remained positive and confident that we would soon succeed. Dr. Kallen is very thorough in his methods and I felt fully comfortable in his care. While he may seem serious and distant at times, underneath is a very compassionate and meticulous doctor. He is definitely one of the most efficient doctors and I never had to wait long to be seen. Even if he wasn’t the doctor seeing me that day, I felt reassured knowing that he was still the one reviewing my results and making decisions regarding my treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Kallen and the staff at Shady Grove!
Philadelphia, PA – Jun 20, 2019
Dr. Kallen is extremely knowledgeable and provided my husband and I with great detail throughout our treatment.
Jun 11, 2019
Dr. Kallen possesses a truly rare combination of unrivaled medical expertise, compassion for his patients, and passion for his work. Dr. Kallen and his staff were very responsive and supportive throughout the entire process. I thought our experience would be impersonal and regimented, but to my surprise, Dr. Kallen delivered highly customized care for our individual circumstances. He does not subscribe to a one-size-fits-all approach. He provided us with all of the information to make the best possible decision for our individual circumstances without selling us on things we didn't want or need. Dr. Kallen provides excellent care regardless of whether you are interested in the expensive fertility treatments. You'll notice the word compassionate is used to describe Dr. Kallen over and over again in these reviews. I simply cannot emphasize it enough.
May 09, 2019
My was very relaxing and stressed free experience .
May 08, 2019
Dr. Kallen and the staff at Shady Grove were amazing through this difficult process. Having difficulties conceiving was a very hard time in our lives and Dr. Kallen took the time to understand our individual circumstances to develop and adjust a course of action based on our needs. Not only did we receive the medical support we needed to realize our dream of becoming parents but Dr. Kallen and the staff were emotionally supportive as well. The care I received by far exceeded what I hoped for.
Danielle Dotts in Media, PA – Dec 22, 2018
Dr Kallen was incredibly supportive and provided excellent care. We felt confident and comfortable during our time with him.
PA – Dec 21, 2018
My experience with Dr. Kallen and Shadygrove Fertility has been one of the best medical experiences of my life. The level of care Dr. Kallen and his team puts into each patient is astonishing. I was always kept in the loop about what was going on with my treatment plan and was expertly taken care of even after I got pregnant! I will definitely be returning back to Dr. Kallen for baby number 2!
Jessica Wood in Philadelphia, PA – Dec 21, 2018
Dr. Kallen is extremely knowledgeable and keeps up-to-date on latest studies. While he has a very calm, serious demeanor, underneath it is a caring, compassionate human. He's very informative, lays out your options and lets you take it from there. His nurse and him work like a well-oiled machine - the care they provide is remarkable. Questions are always answered promptly. The entire team at Shady Grove Fertility-Chesterbrook is phenomenal. Thanks to Dr. Kallen, we are expecting this spring!
Amy in Glenmoore, PA – Nov 28, 2018
I have been seeing Dr. kallen for 6 months now. He has reassured me every step of the way and his optimism is precious to me. I never leave his office with questions. I would highly recommend dr. Kallen as well as all of the amazing nurses at Shady Grove!
Robyn T. in Philadelphia, PA – Aug 20, 2018
I came to Shady Grove after spending a year being seen by another clinic with no results. I saw Dr. Kallen at every single appointment. He told me exactly what he was doing and what the next steps were. I felt like he and the staff at Shady Grove took the time to get to know me and my husband. I'm now 12 weeks pregnant, and wouldn't be without Dr. Kallen and Shady Grove!
Laura – Jun 06, 2018
Dr. Kallen is very knowledgeable, and someone I would recommend to anyone struggling with infertility. I'm someone who likes to know "odds" (if we choose treatment A, what are our chances of success? and so on) and he was always willing to take the time to explain this. He never pressured us into a particular route, just provided the relevant information necessary for my husband and I to choose what treatment was right for us.
Apr 12, 2018

How was your experience with Dr. Kallen?

At Shady Grove Fertility, a service organization at heart, we are fully committed to addressing and supporting all of the needs of our patients. It's one...Read more

Caleb Kallen, M.D., Ph.D., FACOG, is a board certified reproductive endocrinologist at Shady Grove Fertility in Philadelphia, PA. He earned his medical...Read more

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility