Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD

Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Coimbra is affiliated with Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Medical City Las Colinas and Medical City Dallas and Medical City Children's Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Coimbra's Care Philosophy

At Dallas Brain, Spine & Skull Base Surgery we believe in customized patient care and a team approach to medicine, with attention to careful selection of the least invasive and most effective form of treatment for each patient. Commitment to this philosophy has resulted in maximal preservation of function, less discomfort, shorter hospital stays and durable favorable outcomes for our patients. Our practice is a top referral destination for the treatment of patients with complex brain tumors.

Dr. Coimbra's Experience

See how Dr. Coimbra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Coimbra

Dr. Coimbra accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Coimbra is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Coimbra has admitting privileges.

Dr. Coimbra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Coimbra to family and friends
Dr. Coimbra's Performance
in Van, TX |
Dr. Coimbra has to be one of the best! He is respectful, caring and to the point! He is extremely knowledgeable. I was in his hands and had no worries when I went in for my 9 hour brain surgery! On a scale of 1 to 10, he would be an 11.
in Queen City |
Both Dr. Coimbra and his staff are amazing. Highly recommend!!!
in Trophy Club, TX |
My experience with Dr. Coimbra has been a very good one. I have had three surgery's and I have not been surprised with the outcome on each of them. He takes the time to explain everything he is going ton do and answer any question you may have. If you are looking for a good Dr. then this is the Doctor you need to be using.
Frisco, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Coimbra by another physician Because he did not feel he had the ability to do the Surgery as Dr Coimbra. On the first meeting Dr. Coimbra displayed the confidence That he could remove the brain rumor. He is a dedicated physician and follows up with Your progress. We recommend that you see Dr. Coimbra if you require brain surgery.
Dr. Coimbra has been my neurosurgeon since 2002. I have an extremely rare Clival Chordoma cancerous brain tumor that always grows back regardless of treatment. Most people do not live long after being diagnosed with it. I owe my life to Dr. Coimbra that I am alive 15 years after my first diagnosis. After an MRI at Loma Linda Hospital for proton radiation, an expert in my type of tumor told me that the resection Dr. Coimbra did was the best she had ever seen.
in Kemp, TX |
We met Dr Coimbra at baylor when my husband was diagnosed with a mass on his brain. We later found out that mass was a grade IV Glioblastoma. Dr Coimbra was amazing with us. He answered our questions he did everything he could to give us time together. He is very matter of fact which we liked. We highly recommend Dr Coimbra to anyone who would need his service.
in Bedford, TX |
Dr. Caetano Coimbra is a very knowledgeable doctor and I am very happy with my surgery. He removed a tumor from my brain located between the mayor sagital vein and a vein feeding my left side mobility. He is friendly and took the necessary time to explain my procedure to me. Additionally his staff is excellent and attended to my needs during the pre-op and after surgery. He saved my life!
in Dallas, TX |
It took 2 attempts to complete my surgery and I had horrible pain and issues after my surgery. When I woke up after my second surgery, l was uncontrollably vomiting and in terrible pain. He actually came into my room to tell me he completed my operation and that I shouldn't be complaining! At my one month follow-up, I was again telling him about pain I was having and he called me an idiot. I ended up needing a 3rd surgery bc he messed up. Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.
in Durango, CO |
Dr. Coimbra is an outstanding doctor and surgeon! After my brain surgery by Dr. Coimbra, a worldwide expert doctor in my type of tumor at Loma Linda Hospital stated it was the best resection she had ever seen. She stated that most times there is some residual left behind but that Dr. Coimbra had removed all of it and left nothing. I owe my life to Dr. Coimbra.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Dr Coimbra is not only an experienced surgeon who inspires confidence, he is also caring, warm, approachable, and interested in his patients. He was very prepared to answer all questions in a way we could understand. His confidence and gentle manners helped a lot in the midst of a somewhat difficult and unexpected experience.
in Rockwall, Tx |
Dr. Coimbra was informed and experienced in treating my condition. He was able to ease my fears and inform me about the condition. His surgical skill and knowledge was superior. The meningioma was removed and I have fully recovered. Thanks, Dr. C!
in Allen, TX |
Dr. Coimbra removed a large meningioma from my brain in 2013. The tumor was quite large and dangerous to my health due to its size. It was not an easy surgery. I credit Dr. Coimbra with saving my life. He's a wonderful physician, explains everything well and is truly concerned for his patients' well-being. I've required additional treatment and have relied on his advice and recommendations. I would recommend him for brain and skull surgery without reservation. Great doctor!
in Frisco, TX |
I entered a review on June 26, 2016 and it only showed 4 star but should be 5 stars being excellent! It's been 6 weeks since surgery and still doing well!
in Royse City, TX |
Dr Coimbra was excellent. He listened attentively to my problem, was very concerned and had a very calming presence. He explained carefully what the procedure would be and what to expect afterwards. I highly recommend him to anyone.
in Garland, TX |
I would like to thank Dr Coimbra , he and his staff. I cant say thank you enough , I had a tumor inside a cyst on the lower part of the right side of my brain . He took such great care of me , and now it is gone . I had the surgery and I am doing soo soo well . I just feel so blessed and thankful and just thank you so much Dr Coimbra .
in Plano, TX |
His staff takes appointments and tells you that he treats/ has experience in the condition that you have and then when you go there, he asks you the most basic questions about the condition. Clearly he has no experience in dealing with it. He doesn't even read the MRI even though they ask you to bring your disk and then basically tells you that he can do the procedure but there's really not much hope that you will be pain free for long. In this case the procedure is MVD for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Have you seen Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Are you Dr. Coimbra?

Compare Dr. Coimbra

Dr. Coimbra's Care Philosophy

Dr. Coimbra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Coimbra has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Coimbra's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cavernous Malformation Brain
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Completed in 1993

Universidade Federal De Pernambuco

Graduated in 1976

• Portuguese

Dr. Coimbra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Coimbra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Cervical Spine Reconstruction
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Microdiscectomy