Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Coimbra

Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Universidade Federal De Pernambuco, Centro De Ciencias Da Saude in 1980 and specializes in neurosurgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Coimbra accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Coimbra has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(972) 566-5200Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Coimbra's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Coimbra's Top Procedures and Conditions

Meningiomas

Dr. Coimbra treats Meningiomas more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Coimbra treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma

• Cavernous Malformation Brain
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Gout
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Microdiscectomy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

At Dallas Brain, Spine & Skull Base Surgery we believe in customized patient care and a team approach to medicine, with attention to careful selection of the least invasive and most effective form of treatment for each patient. Commitment to this...

• Neurosurgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Coimbra

Dr. Coimbra?
Dr. Coimbra's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD
I was diagnosed with a very large petrous meningioma while working overseas. I researched treatment options in three different countries and every one of them bore a very high risk of causing certain degree of disability. Dr. Coimbra managed to treat my condition without any side effects. Dr. Coimbra explained very clearly all of the aspects of the treatment and kept following up on my recovery regardless of my country of work assignment. Dr. Coimbra partners only with top specialists in Dallas, TX area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
I would like to thank you, Dr. Coimbra for actually saving my life with your excellent skills on reading my Scans so thoroughly and making the right decision on timing of surgery. I would say to anyone that asks about a Neurosurgeon, you are on the top of my list. Thanks also to all your staffing personnel, they are top notch. You went above and beyond in your personal touch as far as explaining in detail my progress, scheduling my scans for future appointments, etc. You are truly a God send
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Saved my quality of life. I had a congenital brain malformation that would not have killed me, but was affecting my quality of life, to the point where I was almost bed-bound. He performed surgery and I am back at it, enjoying life with minimal issues. He is incredibly arrogant (he called my surgery "baby brain surgery," because it was "so easy.") However, I had brain surgery and was back at work in three weeks, feeling great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Coimbra since 2002. I literally owe my life to this great surgeon. When I went to Loma Linda for proton radiation, the expert there in my type of brain cancer stated that the resection that Dr. Coimbra did was the best she had ever seen. My cancer is extremely rare and most people do not live very long. There are no words to express my deep gratitude to Dr. Coimbra for his genuine concern, his expertise, and the outstanding care I have received for 16 years!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr. Coimbra removed a skull based, complicated tumor that I had. It was a 10 hour surgery. I have a remaining tumor and will not let ANYONE perform surgery on me except for Dr. Coimbra. I trust him 100%. He came highly recommended to me via a friend of a friend. He was also recommended by two neurosurgeons with 30 years experience each who were unable to do the surgery due to the complicated nature of the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr. Coimbra is an excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable in his area. I feel very blessed to be put in his hands to remove a Tumor in the P.G. By the time I saw Dr. Coimbra, I had lost my vision in my left eye and part of right eye. I could hardly make any body movements. He scheduled surgery asap. Made sure I was well taken care of in hospital and was in constant communication with other dr.'s treating me making sure I was being treated appro. I have gained my sight back. I am very grateful!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
My loss of eye sight started with a slight blur in the middle of vision in my left eye and, in a year and a half, had advanced to almost total vision loss in the left and starting in the right eye. I was diagnosed with a supra sellar meningioma that was pressing on the optic nerves. Dr. Coimbra is quiet spoken, very intelligent, and highly skilled as a surgeon. Medical City Hospital Dallas provided excellent care after my crainiotomy. Back to normal by 4 months! He is my blessing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Staff was very friendly, helpful . Made the visit comfortable. Dr. Coimbra was very informative and answered questions, and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr Coimbra is a great doctor, caring and concerned about his patients, willing to spend time on details, good listener -- I was very fortunate to be referred to him when an MRI revealed a (benign) brain tumor. Subsequent checkups over the last 3 years with Dr. Coimbra have all been good experiences, he is still willing to spend time reviewing and explaining results of MRI with me (so far, they’ve been great). I have total confidence in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr. Coimbra performed a 12 hour surgery to remove my tumor that was pushing my brain stem to the left. It was a very risky surgery that could've prevented me from swallowing, or talking on my own. But thanks to Coimbra's expertise I came out of the without any permanent damage. You know you are in good hands when other doctors speak very highly of you, which was the case for Coimbra. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr. Coimbra is an amazing surgeon! I highly recommend him. He has performed 2 surgeries on me for two different brain tumors. I would not go to anyone else and trust him completely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr. Coimbra has to be one of the best! He is respectful, caring and to the point! He is extremely knowledgeable. I was in his hands and had no worries when I went in for my 9 hour brain surgery! On a scale of 1 to 10, he would be an 11.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Both Dr. Coimbra and his staff are amazing. Highly recommend!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
My experience with Dr. Coimbra has been a very good one. I have had three surgery's and I have not been surprised with the outcome on each of them. He takes the time to explain everything he is going ton do and answer any question you may have. If you are looking for a good Dr. then this is the Doctor you need to be using.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Coimbra by another physician Because he did not feel he had the ability to do the Surgery as Dr Coimbra. On the first meeting Dr. Coimbra displayed the confidence That he could remove the brain rumor. He is a dedicated physician and follows up with Your progress. We recommend that you see Dr. Coimbra if you require brain surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr. Coimbra has been my neurosurgeon since 2002. I have an extremely rare Clival Chordoma cancerous brain tumor that always grows back regardless of treatment. Most people do not live long after being diagnosed with it. I owe my life to Dr. Coimbra that I am alive 15 years after my first diagnosis. After an MRI at Loma Linda Hospital for proton radiation, an expert in my type of tumor told me that the resection Dr. Coimbra did was the best she had ever seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
We met Dr Coimbra at baylor when my husband was diagnosed with a mass on his brain. We later found out that mass was a grade IV Glioblastoma. Dr Coimbra was amazing with us. He answered our questions he did everything he could to give us time together. He is very matter of fact which we liked. We highly recommend Dr Coimbra to anyone who would need his service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr. Caetano Coimbra is a very knowledgeable doctor and I am very happy with my surgery. He removed a tumor from my brain located between the mayor sagital vein and a vein feeding my left side mobility. He is friendly and took the necessary time to explain my procedure to me. Additionally his staff is excellent and attended to my needs during the pre-op and after surgery. He saved my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
It took 2 attempts to complete my surgery and I had horrible pain and issues after my surgery. When I woke up after my second surgery, l was uncontrollably vomiting and in terrible pain. He actually came into my room to tell me he completed my operation and that I shouldn't be complaining! At my one month follow-up, I was again telling him about pain I was having and he called me an idiot. I ended up needing a 3rd surgery bc he messed up. Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Caetano Coimbra, MD?
Dr Coimbra is not only an experienced surgeon who inspires confidence, he is also caring, warm, approachable, and interested in his patients. He was very prepared to answer all questions in a way we could understand. His confidence and gentle manners helped a lot in the midst of a somewhat difficult and unexpected experience.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Coimbra?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Coimbra treats patients.

Compare Providers