Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. C Funsho Fagbohun, MD
Dr. C. Funsho Fagbohun is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and has been in practice in Fort Bend County since 2000. Dr. Fagbohun completed his MD degree and was an assistant professor in Nigeria before moving to the United States on full scholarship to pursue a PhD degree at Marquette University in Wisconsin. He completed his residency training at St. Joseph hospital in Houston, Texas. Dr. Fagbohun is a multiple award-winning specialist who provides exceptional Obstetrics, Gynecology, and minimally invasive surgery care in an atmosphere of complete trust and confidence. He has won numerous awards including being named "Resident educator of the year" and "Outstanding Chief Resident" during his training. Dr. Fagbohun was voted one of America's top Obstetricians and Gynecologist by the Consumers' Research Council of America as a specialist in practice. Dr. Fagbohun was an Assistant Adjunct professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Michigan State College of Human Medicine. He is a former Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, has recently been named as the Medical Director of the Women's Services and currently serves as a member of the Medical Executive Committee at Oakbend Medical Center. He is proficient in obstetrics, comprehensive gynecology and minimally invasive surgery, including laparoscopic hysterectomy. Dr. Fagbohun is trained in Aesthetic medicine. He is an avid teacher with numerous published articles in scientific journals. Dr. Fagbohun is an active member of The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL), and is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). He is one of the few obstetrician and gynecologist in the nation elected as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). Dr. Fagbohun is blessed with four wonderful grown daughters and resides in Fort Bend County. He is a member of the Richmond Rotary Club where he is active in the community. He has led medical mission trips to Africa. His interests include travel, spending time with his family, and mentoring middle and high school students who are interested in the medical career. He is also a venture capitalist and an entrepreneur. Dr. Fagbohun is engaging and his immediate familiarity with his patients is flattering and comforting.

1601 Liberty St Ste A

Richmond, TX 77469

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Boon-Chapman
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Memorial Hermann Physician Network

Learn about Dr. Fagbohun

Dr. Fagbohun's Experience

Dr. Fagbohun's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• C-Section
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions

• Spectrum Health Butterworth Camp
  • St Mary's Mercy Med Center
  • Acog
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Fagbohun has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fagbohun does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fagbohun and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fagbohun's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fagbohun to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Fagbohun Says:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our office values the information you submit as it helps us to continuously improve our patient's experience in our practice. Please feel free to call our office or email us at info@mywomensdoc.com for any concerns.

Dr. Fagbohun's Performance
in Katy, TX |
I received an excellent service from Dr Fagbohun as my OBGYN doctor. He and his team are very thorough and take time to explain any issues and outcome of lab results. I got the best medical care from him. He was also available to directly attend to me on all my appointments. I highly recommend him!
Houston, TX |
I've known Dr. Fagbohun since 2015 and I had 2 babies through him via complicated c-section deliveries. I strongly recommend him for complicated pregnancy cases.
in Lagos, LA |
Dr Fagbohun was referred by a colleague who delivered her baby using his services. He is a professional with a heart of gold. My consultations with him were a delightful experience, with all personal concerns carefully addressed. Dr Fagbohun is worthy of trust and his expertise highly commendable. i will definitely engage his services again and also refer family and friends .
Katy, TX |
Dr. Fagbohun was very patient in explaining to us the details of our procedure and what to expect. He answered all our questions simply and clearly. His jovial, good natured and extremely friendly disposition went a long was in calming our concerns about the procedure. We do not hesitate to recommend him.
in Lagos, LA |
Dr Fagbohun took the delivery of my 2 kids and I'm happy to have used him. He is courteous and jovial, replies my emails almost immediately and went extra mile in ensuring my comfortable stay in Houston back in 2014, he also gives detailed overall estimated fees for self pay planning. I will use him over and over again
in RICHMOND,HOUSTON TX |
Dr. C Funsho Fagbohun,MD is a dedicated and excellent professional. I will keep recommending him to friends and family. Keep the good work up sir.
in Houston, TX |
I had my first baby with Dr Fagbohun and had a very nice experience that i decided on using him for my second baby as well. He responds promptly, has nice bedside manners and gives professional advice in a caring way and respects your decision. Scheduling appointment was easy and straight forward. I even once had a same day appointment. He also personally helped me in getting a refund from the hospital when i thought i could not get it. I would recommend him.
in Katy, TX |
I met Dr Fagbohun in December 2009. My experience since them was good, because he is caring, cool, understanding, very easy to approach and he know his job as doctor very well, I wanted to change him to try another doctor for my 3rd baby but, when i went to 3 visit with another doctor I have to run back to him because he is the best. I recommend him anytime any day for any body. in Houston, Sugar land, Richmond, Katy Texas.
in Lagos, LA |
He is caring, dedicated to his work and very resourceful.
in Houston |
I met Dr Fagbohun in march.being a senior colleague we really connect well.he is friendly,cool,has a listening ear and very easy to approach. He assured me of the best and I got the best medical care under him.I recommend him anytime any day for anyone coming to deliver in Houston Texas.
Lagos, Nigeria |
Dr. Fagbohun is experienced and homely. I enjoyed his service and advice coupled with fatherly role. He is a physician I will like to use his obstetrics service again and also recommend to friends and family. Fees are reasonable with quotes provided upfront for self pay patients who are visiting from abroad.
in houston, tx |
My total experience since 2015 has been an easy, warm and welcoming one. Dr Fagbohun has made child birth easy for me. I get first hand information every step of the way. He is very attentive and encouraging during every antenatal session, answers all questions. He always gives the best advice/ option for mother and baby's health. I really appreciated the way he handled my recent vaginal delivery, my baby was really huge( weighed 9.1 pounds), but he encouraged me to push and guided me through it
in Houston, TX |
Appointment scheduled with ease and followed up to ensure understanding/confirmation Office space very clean and tidy at all times Highly professional staff, friendly and supportive Absolute trust in provider, no reservations Thorough explanation for condition, medication and expected practices Good listener, always willing to answer Enough time all the time
in Houston, TX |
I had an awesome experience with Dr Fagbohun. Right from the day i contacted him from Nigeria to be my obstetric and gynecology doctor. He prompt responses to emails and Telephone calls were very encouraging. His prenatal services were great and his timely approach in decision making during labour were very on point. I will highly recommend him and also use him for my next pregancy. Dr Chimeziri Joy Ufere Nigeria
in FCT NIG |
Professional, extremely capable and highly organized. Also very considerate.
in Houston, TX |
He is a professional in what he does, takes his time to explain, follows up on his patients, gives prompt reminder for every appointment and above all he has the fear of God
in Houston, TX |
Dr.Fagbohun is cool nd calm,always ready to hear from his patient,he is the kind of doctor av been waiting to meet ,who I can share my medical history with.....In a nutshell,he is a kind of Obstertrician nd Gynecologist I can recommend.....Thanks to Dr.Fagbohun for the care he showed to me during the time of all my appointments with him.
in Lagos, LA |
Dr Fagbohun was unprofessional and arrogant. He made me feel scared and unsafe. My visits were rushed and he always left me with more questions than when I came in. He just kept yelling at me and forcing me to have an induction. He promised that my baby would end up in the nicu. I gave in. The induction failed and cost me an extra $4200 but he refused to release me from the hospital. I went into labour on my own. He never showed up. My baby was perfect. RUN away from him and save yourself pain!
This man is one of the most heartless , uncaring, inconsiderate, and unprofessional doctors that I have ever met in my life. I would advise anyone choosing that practice to stay away from that man. He is terrible and does not care about his patients. He also, has a God complex. Dr. Fagbohun should never be any sane woman's choice for an OBGYN. PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!.
Richmond, TX |
We saw Dr. Olude who was very nice. The front office staff isn't so great. The young lady handed me paperwork 4 times, appearing to be unorganized, and was extremely slow with entering the data into the computer as well as check out. I had to call the next day on a prescription issue & was placed on hold for 18 MINUTES! I hung up & called back. The lady was sarcastic & rude. If you value great customer service then I would not recommend this office.
Sugar land |
Firstly my experience wasn't terrible neither was it fantastic... in nigeria at least u have ur doctors number just incase u have issues but with doc funsho u really are on your own.... i only had contact with him when i came for my antenatal visits.. then 7weeks after my baby i was bleeding uncontrollably.. i called his office told them about my bleeding they said they would call me back... only for one of his nurses or attendings to call instead of my doc.. dey said it was normal long story sh
Houston, TX |
This place is horrible........ similar service to what you get in Nigeria. Appointment time was 11:15am and by 1:15 I was still waiting to see the doctor. Asked the nurse why such a delay and she rudely replied that they have no control over the Scan Technician. Are you kidding me??? The sad part is that the establishment really feel they can do this since most of the customers are from Nigeria and they are used to bad customer services anyways. What a shame.
Richmond, TX |
This was my first and very last office visit. The staff were unfriendly and unprofessional . The treatment I received was horrible at best. This is my first pregnancy so I don't know much about the process but I do know when I'm given poor customer service. Dr. Fagbohun was not informative about my health nor my unborn child. I had to ask questions just so I could know what's going on. His staff member made strange sounds when I step on the scale and when I spoke about my family medical history
in Ikoyi, Lagos |
My experience with Dr. Fagbohun was excellent.
Horrible experience. Went in when he was on call, asked me if I wanted an induction, I said no, 1hr later I said ok, he said he couldn't. Came back to hospital later bc water broke, he wanted to blast bb out with 6x6 petocin when I was already 3cm dilated. I wanted a natural birth. I spoke to him on phone and he started yelling at me why was I refusing petocin, was I a dr? Was i the one going to be calling the shots? He asked to speak with husband like it wasn't my decision to make. HORRIBLE.
in Houston, TX |
He very decisive in treating patient especially for internationals patients. His wealth of experience very useful to patients. He's happy to check up on you after birth too but he does not have enough time for extra personal discussions.
Have you seen Dr. C Funsho Fagbohun, MD?
Are you Dr. Fagbohun?

Choice Fund PPO
    Cigna Healthcare of Texas PPO
    Cigna POS
    Select Network PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA