Infectious Disease Medicine  |
Dr. Carl Bakken, MD
Dr. Carl Bakken, MD is an infectious disease medicine doctor who practices in Arlington Heights, IL. He is 74 years old and has been practicing for 48 years. Dr. Bakken is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital.

1538 N Arlington Heights Rd

Arlington Heights, IL 60004

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Bakken

NCH Medical Group is here to seamlessly deliver coordinated, top quality healthcare in our medical offices, NCH Immediate Care Centers and hospital. Whether you're seeking routine medical care or something more specialized, the NCH Integrated System of Care connects you with the care you need.

Dr. Bakken's Experience

Dr. Bakken's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Infectious Disease Medicine
  • Board certified in Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine

• Infectious Disease Medicine
  • Emergency Medicine

• Infectious Disease
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Baylor College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1969
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1970
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1973
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1974

Dr. Bakken has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bakken does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bakken and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bakken's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bakken to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Bakken's Performance
in Arlington Heights |
Terrible. Denied me antibiotics when I had an infection. Diagnosed me with anxiety and hypochondria instead. Lost my testicles because of it. Refused ultrasound and other tests. Spent no less than 5 minutes with me before diagnosing me with anxiety, and the second time with hypochondria. I almost want to say he's malicious because that screws with every other doctor you go to. He got angry when I tried to see things from his point of view and then blamed me for it.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I have seen Dr. Bakken 3 times for annual check-ups. I want to keep this short, not going into the details, Bakken is not a good person, he is arrogant, he did not treat me appropriately or respectfully.
in Palatine, IL |
It has taken three days to get a call back from Dr. Bakken or one of his nurses regarding my MRI (that I've had read by a Dr friend of mine). My disc pain needs immediate attention with cortisone shots but I can't get anyone to call me back. It is the worst experience I have ever had. Please don't subject yourself to this Dr.
in Rolling Meadows, IL |
I have a chronic condition. I do research periodically to stay educated, since I'm still symptomatic & the treatment Dr. Bakken prescribes is behind in modern medical advances. I found that there were some not-so-new treatments available that he never discussed with me. I printed up correlating peer-reviewed, published studies from well-respected medical journals in preparation for my bi-annual visit. He blatantly refused to look. He admitted he does not participate in continued education.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I went for a visit because I was sure I had a bacterial infection that I had once before. Dr. Bakken would not listen to my symptoms and declined to treat it. The next day it was getting worse, so I went to an urgent care in my neighborhood. Sure enough I tested positive for the infection and was placed on antibiotics right away. My infection cleared up, but if had trusted Dr. Bakken's poor advice, it would have gotten much, much worse. I don't know why he would not even test.
in Chicago, IL |
No wonder why Dr. Bakken is always accepting new patients when most of his colleagues are not. Nobody wants to return to him after being subjected to his belligerent nature and lack of concern for people/patients. It is definitely time for him to hang up the white lab coat and stethoscope for good. Maybe that's why he has given up and just does not care any longer. Is there a piece of land in Florida calling his name?
in Streamwood, IL |
Mr. Bakken (I can't bring myself to address him as a doctor) Terrible, egotistical man who is clearly disinterested in treating patients. His office staff is great but he is so distracted these days it is to the point of negligence. Such a shame as this used to be a good practice. Last visit I asked him why the change in his demeanor and he yelled at me very loudly.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. Bakken for the past four years and have been very happy with the service he provides. He is thorough and has a wealth of experience.
in Elmhurst, IL |
Dr. Bakken is now close to retirement and has given up on trying to achieve good health for his patients. He rushes through visits, does not listen to symptoms, has a terrible bedside manner and is often blatantly rude. Most of his patients are geriatric, and it sickened us so much how he berates them, that it was the final push we needed to find a new primary care physician for our whole family.
Glenview, IL |
Dr. Bakken caught on issue that 3 other doctors had missed, including a specialist.
Have you seen Dr. Carl Bakken, MD?
Are you Dr. Bakken?