Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD

Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD

Sports Medicine  ·
Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Libertyville, IL and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University Of Toledo College Of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in sports medicine, pediatric sports medicine, and more.Read his story

720 Florsheim Dr

Libertyville, IL 60048

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Cofinity
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Hunt

Dr. Hunt's Experience

Dr. Hunt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Sports Medicine

Dr. Hunt's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hunt "I chose Sports Medicine as my career long before I entered medical school. After playing competitive sports for nearly my entire life, I thought my background would be useful in treating active patients as well as athletes. My only decision coming out of medical school was whether to pursue an operative or non-operative career path. In addition to providing office-based care of Sports Medicine/Orthopedic problems with IBJI-Glenview/Wilmette, I have a significant commitment to athletic team coverage and administrative support from a local to an international level. I have been the Medical Director for USA Triathlon since 2004 and I have covered the elite, junior, U-23, and age group triathletes internationally since 2002. I manage the whole of medical coverage for USAT teams and have authored multiple articles covering Sports Medicine in Triathlon Life magazine as well as a book chapter on Triathlon Sports Medicine. I have served as a team physician for the United States Olympic Committee during the 2007 Pan American Games in Brazil and for USA Hockey U17 teams in Sweden. I have covered both Div I team sports at Northwestern University and professional football and ice hockey. Locally, I am the Head Team Physician for the Evanston Township High School athletic teams as well as the North Shore Country Day School teams and cover both schools home football games. I continue to be involved in ice hockey both as a coach of several age group levels with Falcons Hockey and as a player. He was recently elected to the Board of Directors for the Falcons Hockey Club."

This content was provided by Dr. Hunt "My approach to care is to take a broad view of any issue and when possible, give the patient appropriate options for care. There is usually more than one way to approach any problem and each option has risks and benefits associated with it. I feel that my job is to identify the options and discuss…when surgery is an option, then I advise a patient to consider it. If injections are appropriate, we will consider those and for many, physical therapy and training modification is enough. For the most part, I try to "tell it like it is" so the patient can make the right choice for themselves.

To the best of my ability, I also try and make sure my patients understand the diagnosis so that they can manage their treatment options and their symptoms. More often than not, an engaged patient is one who will improve. When I refer to therapy or another provider, I try and make sure that the next point of care is of good quality."

• Sports Medicine
  • Pediatric Sports Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Pediatrics
    Accredited by: American Board of Pediatrics*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• U of IL
  • Rush Presby St Lukes Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Penn/Penn Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Hunt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hunt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hunt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hunt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hunt

2.7

Dr. Hunt?
Dr. Hunt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD
Took my 83 year young mom to him for hip pain. Zero wait time. He gave her a cortisone injection and in a few minutes she went from hobbling around to walking with minimal pain. A few hours later, we were shopping! Thank you for getting my mom back out there!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD?
I brought my 9 year old daughter in yesterday to OrthoAccess Libertyville. Her foot has been hurting for a week. We were taken to a room within 5 minutes and she had X-rays taken right away. Dr. Hunt saw us 5 minutes after the X-rays were taken. I felt he was thorough and was able to rule out...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD?
I'm in healthcare myself and found Dr Hunt to be curt, not friendly and difficult to warm up to -wasn't till I mentioned the Olympics that he started talking There are WAY too many Docs out there - life is to short to go to someone with poor bedside manner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD?
Having 2 sons in wrestling injuries are common. Seeing Dr. Hunt we trust and know their best interstate is taken. Even our one son with autism is not the best explaining g yet Dr. always figures out the issue. We like that simple solutions are done first. We now just see Dr. when the boys...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD?
very professional, knows what he is doing. Like that he is conservative and will do anything to prevent surgery or invasive therapies. Some patients might not like that but it is the right thing to do. Why have surgery and spent a lot of money when Dr. Hunt knows other solutions with same outcome?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. C Andrew Hunt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hunt?