Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD
Dr. Byungyol (Bill) Chun is a board-certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Woburn, MA with over twenty-five years experience in medicine. He currently treats patients at his practice, Women's Healthcare of Woburn, and provides Labor & Delivery services at Winchester Hospital. He has worked in communities north of Boston for over 15 years, and has surgical privileges at hospitals and surgical centers in the Greater Boston area and in southern New Hampshire. He is a leading provider of minimally-invasive robotic surgery in New England.

Dr. Chun's Care Philosophy

I believe that each woman is her own best health advocate, and I am passionate about helping women live better lives through better health. Education is the key to knowing all options and making the best possible health care choices, and I want my patients to feel confident that they fully understand their health and treatment options. I have a great deal of compassion for the unique challenges women face, and I am inspired by my patients every day.

Dr. Chun's Experience

See how Dr. Chun's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chun

Dr. Chun accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Chun is now accepting new patients
    Women's Healthcare of Woburn444 Washington St Ste 100
    Woburn, MA 01801
    (781) 787-3003Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Chun has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chun's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chun to family and friends
    Dr. Chun Says:

I'd like to thank my patients who have taken the time to provide feedback about their experience under my care. Your testimonials and reviews are greatly appreciated!

Dr. Chun's Performance
    in Wilmington, MA |
    Dr. Chun is by far the best doctor, ever. I was never rushed during my visits, he was always thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in detail and I just felt so comfortable. I had a difficult first pregnancy and Dr. Chun was always there for me no matter the time of day (or middle of the night in most cases). He runs such a great practice, even his staff are the kindest and friendliest. There really are not enough words to express how fantastic Dr. Chun and his team are!
    in Reading, MA |
    I selected Dr. Chun as my provider right before getting pregnant and am so glad I did. His bedside manner is fantastic and I never felt rushed during any of my appointments. He always took the time to go over whatever questions or concerns I had an even contacted me on the weekend to give me test results. There was a lot of anxiety going into the pregnancy and Dr. Chun always put me at ease.
    Pepperell, MA |
    Dr. Chun is a great doctor. After God, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have my beautiful baby girl.
    Andover, MA |
    Dr. Chun is a fantastic doctor with great patience!
    in Billerica, MA |
    I don't find enough words to praise Dr.Chun. I must say I have never seen a doctor like him who is very dedicated to his patients. He treats his patients as part of this own family. He is THE BEST doctor, I have ever met. He is extremely talented and knowledgeable. He provides direct access to all his patients. You can connect with him via text at anytime and he will reply you back asap, even while being on vacation. My husband n I are glad to have him as my OB. I would highly recommend him.
    in Haverhill, MA |
    Dr Chun is a wonderful caring doctor. He takes his time and actually cares!! He also makes you feel comfortable and at ease. He will answer any questions you may have. He also takes the time at the end of the appointment to talk to you. I have been going to him for years. If you are looking for a great doctor I would recommend him!!
    in Lowell, MA |
    I don't even know where to begin when praising Dr. Chun. He is unlike any doctor I've ever had and provides a level of care that is unprecedented today. He is extremely personable, courteous, and compassionate. He always feels within reach and is quick to address any questions or concerns. I never felt like just another patient, his care really does feel very one on one. My husband and I were so happy to have him guide us through my pregnancy. I'll always be glad I found him.
    in Woburn, MA |
    He is the best doctor I've ever met! He knows well how to take care of his patients. Very professional, kind, and attentive. He will back to you as soon as you text him when you have any questions or any emergency situations. I highly recommend him to you, who is looking for a great OB doctor!! His office staffs are very nice as well.
    in Dancers, MA |
    Where do I start? We lived abroad until I was 7.5 months pregnant (personal choice) and moved back hoping to find a great doctor in the states. We met Dr Chun at a presentation/dinner and the rest is history. He immediately took us on as patients and provided a comfortable yet professional experience. He was always accessible via text message which was extremely helpful. He was very good at easing my nerves and followed my birthing plan without compromise. Thank you, Dr Chun :)
    in Melrose, MA |
    I can't express what my heart feels when saying Dr. Chun is the doctor you need to be seeing throughout your pregnancy. Father like, patient, a great listener - Dr. Chun sincerely wants to know you and your personal experience with pregnancy. He is respectful, non-judgemental, doesn't rush you along and available at all hours of the day to answer questions. His staff is also so nice and kind, from the nurses and front staff to the ultrasound technician. I will never see another OB.
    in North Andover, MA |
    I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Chun, and this whole office. He is a really kind and thoughtful person, and an exceptional doctor. He was recommended for our 2nd pregnancy as I wanted an OBGYN that would be proactive about monitoring for issues more common in pregnancies over 40, but also not over worry us. And Dr. Chun provided the perfect balance. I found it really helpful that he provides his # to text him questions between appointments. I am happy to be continuing with him as my GYN.
    in Woburn, MA |
    Dr. Chun was great! I actually decided to see him after reading the reviews on here. I just had a baby and he made the process so easy on me. Especially after I had some slight problems with providers in the past... he made this experience pleasurable and fun. I was nervous throughout the whole pregnancy as I had 2 mc previously, and he never made me feel like I was over-reacting, ever. I would definitely recommend him to anyone, and would see him again if I decide to have another baby.
    in Haverhill, MA |
    Dr Chun was always available when I needed him always answer my texts right away! And after I have my baby he came to see me everyday that I was in the hospital. He really becomes close with his patients. I've only hear good things from other patients as well.
    in Burlington, MA |
    Dr. Chun is the best doctor I have ever had. He cares about each and everyone of his patients on a personal and professional level. He is very accommodating to your needs and questions and is with you every step of the way. He takes the time out of his busy schedule to reach out to you individually and ask how everything is going. He prefers to be contacted directly, which is extremely helpful and rare! I love having Dr. Chun as my doctor!!!
    Billerica, MA |
    Dr. Chun was the best choice for me as a doctor. He is extremely well mannered, calm, discreet, and knows how to put my nervous self at ease. He is very easy to get in touch with if I have any questions or concerns. I couldn't have found a better doctor to help me ease through my 9 months of pregnancy and post delivery. I always look forward to my doctor visits with him.
    in Swampscott , Ma |
    Dr Chun is Exellent! I am very very happy that i found him ! Was my first pregnancy, lots of happiness , lots of hormons and stress , lots of question and anxious but Doctor Chun was there any time for us . He was a doctor , a therapist and a family for us. So greatfull, so happy and so lucky that he is my doctor!
    in Wakefield, MA |
    I was referred to Dr. Chun to remove what I thought was just a simple cyst on my ovary. It turned out to be a much more complicated procedure than he or I had expected. Throughout the whole process, Dr. Chun made me feel at ease and I felt confident in his capable hands. He showed the utmost professionalism with an easygoing nature. I have recommended him to friends and will continue to do so in the future.
    in Melrose, MA |
    I've been meaning to leave a review for Dr. Chun for quite some time now. I had my son in May, and want to get pregnant again just so I can have my regular visits with him (and his staff) again! He is a calming force and in some cases acted like a therapist to all my neurotic "1st pregnancy" questions. I compared my pregnancy to training for a marathon, and Dr. Chun was my coach!
    Boston, MA |
    Dr. Chun and his staff are phenomenal. They are passionate about what they do and compassionate with their patients. As a women's health professional myself, I have had the unique opportunity of meeting with a lot of great OBGYN's. Dr. Chun isn't just great he's EXCELLENT! Patients are treated like family and he truly cares and takes the time to listen and better understand each patient and their personal needs. If you are in need of an OBGYN look no further!
    in Woburn, MA |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Chun to anyone that is looking for a personal experience when it comes to their medical care. His professionalism is unmatched, and the personalization of his treatment leaves nothing to be desired. His willingness to be reached by mobile phone at any time is unheard of in medicine, but so desperately welcome. He is there to address any, and all concerns when it comes to the care of his patients. I have never felt better about my health's future than with Dr. Chun!
    in Haverhill, MA |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Chun's for nearly two decades. He's been there for me though my blossoming college years, my dynamic 20's, and now as I navigate through my 30's. He has treated me with the utmost professionalism, while advising me on a personal level. Dr. Chun possesses a true passion for patient care, and is continually progressive within the industry of women's healthcare.
    I have been seeing Dr. Chun for about 2 years now and just went through my first pregnancy with him. It was a great experience and Dr. Chun was an essential part of it. He takes time to make sure all your concerns and questions are answered and is always available when needed. He doesn't rush your visit and is very personable. He takes pride in his profession and makes sure that you feel comfortable and are well taken care of. Last but not least, he has a wonderful support staff!
    in Andover, MA |
    I've been seeing Dr. Chun for 10+years. He gives excellent care & I would follow him wherever he goes.
    in Woburn, MA |
    I've had the most incredible experiences with Dr. Chun over the coarse of some very difficult medical obstacles. He has always treated me with the utmost respect I seek for in a medical professional and allows me to ask questions to the fullest depths. He is also completely relatable because he's considerate about my daily life and the psychosocial aspects of dealing with certain things. He is AMAZING and I highly recommend him to anyone who is done dealing with people who don't care about them
    in Wakefield, MA |
    Dr. Chun is by far the best doctor that I’ve ever had. I'm new to the area and was nervous about having to find a new OB/GYN while entering 3rd trimester. Dr. Chun is extremely friendly, caring, helpful, and professional. Despite how busy he is, he takes the time to get to know his patients and understands their needs. Dr. Chun is responsive and always ensure my questions are answered in a timely manner. I truly appreciate his willingness to go above and beyond. I'd highly recommend Dr. Chun!
    in NH |
    Dr.Chun has been my Dr. for over 15 yrs. He has performed multiple difficult surgeries on me with great success. I travel about an hour to his office and I wouldn't trust any other Dr. to take care of my medical needs. He is very professional and extremely caring.
    in Milton, MA |
    Always available when needed. Very kind. Usually with doctors you just get medical advice and go. You don't have any friendship with them. With Dr.Chun he was so friendly and caring. Helped me feel comfortable and reassurance was always there. It was like we became good friends while I waited on the arrival of my little one.
    in North Andover Ma |
    I could not be happier or feel more fortunate to have gone through this experience with Dr Chun. He has been by my side from the first day I met him no matter if I was in the office or on off times. He made me feel as though I was his only patient and that I was a true priority to him. He would constantly check in on me and would always be there to answer any question I had even while on vacation. He is genuine,honest, respectful and an overall incredible Doctor. He is the best doctor I've met!!
    in Methuen, MA |
    I was recommended to Dr. Chun by a family relative just when I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant. At 6 months pregnant, I had experienced gestational hypertension which was leading closely to preeclampsia. Fortunately, with weekly checkups ordered by Dr. Chun, I created a close bond with him and the staff. At 39 weeks I give birth to a healthy baby girl without having any emergency complications. Their professionalism and concern for their patients are beyond words.
    in Tewksbury, MA |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Chun to anyone who would like to be treated with sincere caring and respect. He and his staff clearly reflect professionalism and a positive and knowledgeable office environment which leaves you with a sense of serene satisfaction in knowing your concerns were addressed.
    in Reading, MA |
    I'm new to the area and have been looking for a new doctor. I met with Dr. Chun to see if he and his practice were what I was looking for and I'm so glad I found him. I was only there for a meet and greet yet I never felt rushed. He was very easy to talk to and put my mind at ease when we discussed my health concerns. After my appointment he even sent me a message saying it was nice to meet me. The office staff I met with were just as friendly. I will definitely be returning to his practice.
    in Woburn, MA |
    Dr. Chun is absolutely AMAZING ! His staff is just as great ! I met him during a stay at Winchester Hospital for a surgery, at which stay I also discovering i was expecting. I was so impressed with his kindness & care for me during the time there, that i left my former OB/GYN whom i was with for over 20 years to switch to him. I'm happy to say 21 weeks into my pregnancy & he has not let me down and i have not regretted the decision one bit !
    in Lexington, MA |
    I am very picky to choose a doctor since I had such bad experiences on my previous OBGYN doctors when I was pregnant my first child. So I was extremely careful to choose one for my second child at this time. I got a few of doctors recommended by my friends and double checked online for myself. My husband and I found Dr. Chun with good reviews and visited him. We got to know that he deserves it at our first visit. He is truly professional and willing to communicate with me whenever I need.
    in Haverhill, Ma |
    Dr. Chun has been my doctor for many years and I have followed him from No. Andover. He is very understanding of my needs and takes the time to listen. I highly recommend Dr.Chun
    in haverhill |
    Great doctor! Very friendly and personal, always available for questions. He even provides personal cell phone so that he can be contacted at any time. Highly recommended to everyone!
    Amherst, NH |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Chun. He is very caring and responsive. He takes the time to reach out even on a Sunday to get me back my results.
    in Andover, MA |
    Dr. Chun is the BEST Doctor I have ever had. I have never met a medical professional who genuinely cares so much about his patients. He forms a personal relationship, making you feel comfortable and special. I tell all of my family and friends about him. He is always available, should you need him. I look forward to having him as my primary women's health doctor forever. I was just there this morning and he turned what is usually a dreaded appointment annually into a great day.
    in Woburn |
    I had a great experience with Dr Chun. I really appreciate how he took the time to get to know me and my health concerns.He is very understanding and very caring. I felt very welcomed by his staff. Had a great experience with Dr Chun.
    Have you seen Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
    Are you Dr. Chun?

Dr. Chun says...

Dr. Byungyol (Bill) Chun is a board-certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Woburn, MA with over twenty-five years experience in medicine. He currently treats patients at his practice, Women's Healthcare of Woburn, and provides Labor & Delivery services at Winchester Hospital. He has worked in communities north of Boston for over 15 years, and has surgical privileges at hospitals and surgical centers in the Greater Boston area and in southern New Hampshire.  He is a leading provider of minimally-invasive robotic surgery in New England.

Dr. Chun's Care Philosophy

I believe that each woman is her own best health advocate, and I am passionate about helping women live better lives through better health. Education is the key to knowing all options and making the best possible health care choices, and I want my patients to feel confident that they fully understand their health and treatment options.  I have a great deal of compassion for the unique challenges women face, and I am inspired by my patients every day.

Dr. Chun says...

Dr. Chun's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Chun has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chun's Board Certifications

• Breast Cancer
    • Cervical Cancer
    • Cervical Polyps
    • Cervicitis
    • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
    • Coagulation Disorders in Pregnancy
    • Female Sexual Arousal Disorder
    • Genitourinary Cancers
    • Gestational Hypertension
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Heart Disease
    • Mastodynia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menopause
    • Menstrual Cramps
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Menstrual Migraine
    • Primary Osteoporosis
    • Sebaceous Cysts
    • Senile Osteoporosis
    • Sexual Dysfunction
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Stage 4 Endometriosis
    • Symptomatic Menopause
    • Trichomoniasis
    • Urinary Disorders
    • Urinary Tract Cancer
    • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
    • Uterine Cancer

Graduated in 1981

Wright State Univ

Graduated in 1985

• Korean

Dr. Chun does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chun and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• C-Section
    • Cesarean Hysterectomy
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction of Vaginal Lesion
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Syphilis Screening
    • Thermachoice® Ablation
    • Thyroid Screening
    • Tubal Ligation
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC