Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Chun

Women's Healthcare of Woburn

800 W Cummings Park Ste 2250 Woburn, MA 01801

Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Woburn, MA and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Ohio State University College Of Medicine And Public Health in 1990 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, prenatal care, and more.

Dr. Chun accepts

Dr. Chun accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
Commonwealth Care
Coventry Health Care
Fallon Community Health Plan
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans
UniCare

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Chun's experience treating your condition or procedure

• da Vinci® Hysterectomy
  • da Vinci® Myomectomy
  • da Vinci® Surgery for Endometriosis
  • Destruction of Vaginal Lesion
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Laparotomy
  • Lupus
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause Evaluation and Treatment
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

I believe that each woman is her own best health advocate, and I am passionate about helping women live better lives through better health. Education is the key to knowing all options and making the best possible health care choices, and I ...

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Chun?
Dr. Chun's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I came to Dr. Chun for my second pregnancy after a terrible experience with a different provider for my first. He was absolutely amazing. He took the time to listen to my concerns, explained everything, and overall made me feel at ease and taken care of. He is always available to contact with questions and gets back to you with answers within the half-hour. He is a wonderful provider and I will continue to see him for as long as he is practicing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
We have had our best pregnancy experience with Dr. Chun. Would surely recommend him to our friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
I always knew I was in exceptional hands with Dr. Chun. He took the time to get to know me and my family as we prepared to welcome another baby. He was patient, responsive and clearly dedicated to ensuring my pregnancy and delivery were as safe and healthy as possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
Dr Chun took me on as a patient when I was having difficulty finding an OB to take my case, after my previous traumatic delivery left me with ongoing complications. He was kind, coordinated with my high risk OB, listened to my concerns and helped me feel confident going into labor and delivery. He is very attentive and responsive to his patients and provides a high level of care. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an OB.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
Dr. Chun is amazing!!!! Very laid back, approachable, listens to your needs. So very easy to contact him with any question and he is always happy to answer! He provides his patients with his personal cellphone number (I’ve never heard of any doctor doing this!!!) He would text me my lab results as soon as the results would come back. The day that I gave birth to my baby boy he came in on his day off (not even on call) to deliver my baby!!! It was by first pregnancy and he really helped this first time mom to be at ease. I 100% recommend Dr. Chun!!!!!! -Sheba Hinkle
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
My family and I have been following Dr. Chun since I was a teenager. So many memories to share from helping with just overall medical care, to pregnancy and delivery of new family members. Dr. Chun has always gone above and beyond to address the needs I have and answer my questions. Dr. Chun will always have a dear part in my and my family life. No matter where Dr. Chun goes, he will always have a patient that will follow him. Keep doing the amazing work and thank you and your amazing staff for all the support you always give me and my partner specially in the most difficult times of my pregnancy and the birth or our dear Angel. Thank you Elisa E.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
I have been a patient of dr.chuns office for about 10 years now and started seeing him few years back, he is an amazing obgyn . I just had my first baby and through out all my prenatal care he always had a calm reassuring presence which was great since towards the end I was being monitored . He’s always a text message away which is great. during my inducing process he made a point to check in before going to his office /after and when he wasn’t on call he still came in to deliver my daughter . I can’t say enough about him I recommend him to everyone I know ! Thanks dr chun
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
Dr Chun is an amazing doctor. :) I’m so happy I choose him to delivered my baby.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
I moved to Woburn 7 months into my pregnancy from out of state. I was so worried that I wouldn’t be able to find a doctor I felt comfortable with being so far along in my pregnancy, until I had my first appointment with Dr. Chun. He is an amazing doctor, he is so caring and has a great bedside manner. His office staff is also wonderful! He delivered my daughter and was there every step of the way! I couldn’t recommend anyone more highly then Dr. Chun.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
Dr Chun is such an amazing Dr. He went above and beyond and coached me and helped me clear my head around life priorities. You can't go wrong going with Dr Chun. Thank you Dr Chun for helping me along the journey of motherhood.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
Spent weeks researching OBGYNs/reading reviews to find my perfect fit when I found out I was pregnant. Dr Chun is AMAZING!! I thought I'd prefer a female OB (for comfort reasons!) but after reading his reviews I had to choose him. He's intelligent, calming, patient, accommodating and a great physician. He's easily reachable, he fits you into his schedule, PERSONALLY checks up on you, and he's super honest and EXCELLENT for patients with anxiety! His whole team is AWESOME. A++++ He rules!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
Dr. Chun is the best doctor I've ever had. He listens, talks you through, answers questions, and has a very calming/therapeutic presence. As someone with a high stress level, I leave his office feeling cared for, and much more relaxed. Above all, he responds immediately!! I've never had issues getting in touch with him, even with minor questions/requests. He truly embodies what patients look for in doctors. Thank you, Dr. Chun.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
Dr Chun takes time with patients and is genuinely concerned. He is thorough and discusses all the options for treating conditions. He follows up personally with lab results. And always on time for appointments!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
My experience with Dr. Chun has been exceptional. I first met Dr. Chun in 2016 and ever since, I have been his patient. I would not change him for any other Doctor. Not only does he truly care for the well being of his patients, but his staff also make the visits welcoming.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
I recommend Dr. Chun to every single one of my family members and friends. He is INCREDIBLE in every way. If you never want to feel awkward, have comfortable conversations, feel important and really love your Doctor, this is your guy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Chun for many years. I trusted him enough to have my daughter go to him and delivered my grandson. His compassion and knowledge surpasses any other physician I know. I have texted him in a panic several times only to have him call back with his reassuring voice and resolve my problem over the phone or have his Staff call me to set up an appointment with him ASAP. I am happy to have Dr. Chun in our lives. He makes a difference.....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
We found Dr. Chun on the internet when we first found out we were pregnant with our first son. We’ve now been with him for about 3 years and throughout 2 pregnancies, and he is nothing short of amazing. Giving him 5 stars doesn’t cut it. He is attentive, caring and one thing that has always stunned my husband and I is how personable he is. He always remembers little details aboout our lives that he doesn’t necessarily need to, and it makes us feel like more than just patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
To say Dr. Chun is an excellent doctor is an understatement. My husband and I recently welcomed our new bundle of joy into the world. The entire experience was uneventful and absolutely amazing. I never thought I would find a doctor with so much compassion, empathy, and confidence. I was able to contact Dr. Chun at anytime with questions/concerns as he provides his patients with his personal cellphone number. His professionalism is never ending and I highly recommend his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
What a wonderful experience with Dr. Chun. It’s not easy to find a doctor who doesn’t treat you like just a number. Very open minded, knowledgeable, kind, and supportive. Always took his time to talk to me and hear my concerns each visit. Whenever my husband came to a visit he’d have a lot of questions. Dr. Chun was always happy to answer. He was also always available either my phone, text, or email. The nurses were amazing, too! Definitely recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Byungyol Chun, MD?
He is an amazing OB-GYN i have been a patient with Dr. Chun for 13 years. He has the best beside manners he takes his time to listen to his patients and puts himself in there shoes. He is very personal with his patients and takes care of them 24hrs it doesnt matter what day or time he responds to all calls and questions emails and text messages. He did my robotic hysterectomy and did an awesome job no scars no issues. Highly recommended
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chun?

Women's Healthcare of Woburn