Dr. Byron Stephens II, MD

Dr. Byron Stephens II, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Byron Stephens II, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He has been practicing for 7 years. Read his story

719 Thompson Ln

Nashville, TN 37204

• Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Stephens II

Dr. Stephens II' Experience

Dr. Stephens II' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Stephens II' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Stephens II "A native of Middle Tennessee, Dr. Stephens graduated from Vanderbilt University Magna Cum Laude. He then went on to attend the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, where he was awarded the Faculty Medal for achieving the highest academic class rank in his graduating class. He then completed his residency at the Campbell Clinic, which publishes the definitive orthopaedic textbook, Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. In his final year of residency, he was selected as the Administrative Chief Resident. He then completed his fellowship in Spine Surgery at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, where he studied under both orthopaedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons at the Emory Spine Center."

This content was provided by Dr. Stephens II "My patient care philosophy is to treat each patient as if he or she were a family member, and to use the full extent of my clinical training and experience to tailor a treatment program to each patient's unique clinical situation. I believe in conservative, compassionate care that utilizes surgery as a last resort. When appropriately indicated, I also offer my patients minimally invasive and motion-preserving surgical techniques for the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Stephens II does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
  • Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Complex Spine Disorders
  • Degenerative Scoliosis
  • Kyphosis
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Reconstruction
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Vanderbilt University
  • Campbell Clinic
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Emory University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Stephens II has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stephens II has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stephens II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stephens II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stephens II' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stephens II to family and friends
Dr. Stephens II' Performance
Johnson City, TN |
Dr. Stephens was a concerned physician who seemed to care about my back problems very much. He asked the right questions, and answered mine without hesitation. I would strongly recommend him for treatment to everyone.
in Nashville, TN |
I went to see Dr. Stephens in November 2016. I had been experiencing severe sciatica in my left leg for two years. He earned my trust at that first meeting. He was friendly, compassionate, and very competent. We reviewed my MRI and he answered all my questions. He was confident that the procedure he proposed would alleviate my pain. I had the surgery in January 2017 and knew right away that it was a success. I was so glad I had chosen Dr. Stephens to do my surgery!
in Missouri |
Dr Stephen is a compassionate, caring doctor whom I trust implicitly. I would recommend him to anyone in my family or any of my friends should they need an assessment and/or orthopedic surgery. My husband and I both feel the same way. You couldn't have better care.
in Paris, TN |
I am a 65 year old female who was convinced I'd try everything before submitting myself to back surgery. After trying all alternatives with little if any success, after 3 years of pain progressing to effectively bedridden; Dr Stephens was recommended to me. From the very beginning, he was cautious and wary. Eager to help me if he could. We went through every possible precaution including a second opinion that he requested. I awakened pain free in my back and leg from surgery. Thanks Dr. Stephens
Memphis, TN |
Dr. Stephens was very thorough with his explanation of my procedure. He answered all my questions and made me feel at easecabout my procedure.
in Columbia, TN |
My personal experience with Dr, Stephens and his staff was a very great experience. Greeting with smiles from all staff involved. The thorough explanations of my conditions and letting me be a part of how we proceed with procedure meant he truly cared for me as a patient He was very pleasant all the time. If other conditions arise in his area of expertise, I will not hesitate to let him take care of me again. R/S Nicki Hickman
in Murfreesboro, TN 37127 |
I found myself trusting Dr. Stephens to perform 2 very complex surgeries from my 1st office visit. With each successive visit, my trust in him deepened. 6 weeks after those surgeries I'm into recovery and am extremely happy with Dr. Stephens and the results he achieved. He truly is, not only skilled, at what he does, but he obviously cares deeply about his patients. If I ever need any other orthopedic procedure, Dr. Stephens is the only choice I'll consider. He rates 5 stars out 5 in all
in Nashville, TN |
Excellent doctor. Took his time explaining my diagnosis and treatment options. Reviewed my MRI with me and explained why surgery (cervical fusion) was a good option for me!
Have you seen Dr. Byron Stephens II, MD?
Are you Dr. Stephens II?

See our Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists at TriStar Centennial Medical Center

Visit Dr. Stephens II