Dr. Burl Forgey, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 59

Psychiatry

Dr. Burl Forgey, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Baton Rouge, LA and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans in 1992. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Burl Forgey, MD

Psychiatry Assocs Baton Rouge

9229 Bluebonnet Blvd Baton Rouge, LA 70810

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Louisiana

Check Dr. Forgey's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Forgey's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Forgey performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Forgey performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Forgey's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Forgey accepts

Dr. Forgey accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Forgey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Forgey

3.4

Easy to speak n listens very well. Would highly recommend him!
Randal McDonald – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
Dr.Burl Forgey has treated my OCD and anxiety for 19 years. He has helped me with the motivation to exercise and understand my condition. He is a person of high integrity and answers any questions that you may have outside of scheduled appointments. I would highly recommend Dr. Forgey. His treatments have helped me think more clearly and logically.
William E McLin – Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
Dr. Forgey finally gave me a correct diagnosis after YEARS of doctors going back and forth with multiple diagnoses and treatment plans. If I call with a question, he calls back that day, without fail. It may be 6pm, but he WILL call me back personally. I have never had a psychiatrist listen to me and truly care about getting to the root of the problem the way Dr. Forgey has. He has changed my life.
JR – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
He was uninterested in treating my child, who suffered from his rejection, and still charged us $400 for which we received nothing - just a "I won't treat you" diagnosis. What other professional gets to charge you for no services provided? I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that we wanted to continue with our own therapist and not the ones in his practice?
Baton Rouge – May 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
He treats addiction, depression, anxiety, and ADHD. I went there and opened up. He refused to treat me after I paid $395 because I use kratom because I find it helps cravings for other drugs. I'm totally fine with feedback and disagreements but his job to help you with addiction. My anxiety, depression, and ADHD are factors in my addiction which he could help treat. I even asked if he could just countinue my ssri & he said he can't support me. Can't be that selective after $395 & no refund.
I'm coming for that money Doc in Baton rouge, LA – May 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
Finally a doctor who pinpointed my true diagnosis is. Things make so much more sense. Very friendly and knowledgeable. It only took 3 psychiatrists in over 10 years prior to him to not really listen or understand. My family says I’m like old me again and they are pleased with my treatment plan and say I’m better than I’ve been in a decade. If a problem or question arises between visits he will call you himself rather than play the tag relaying message through a nurse.
Louisiana – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
I tried to go back to doc Forgey after a 6 mos in the hospital and 6 weeks in a coma which left me in a very dark place. My case has been closed due to the lengthy wait time. I was working then. I no longer work and tried to see him or another doc in his office. He refused to open my case. I was very clear that I was in great need of his help he refused. Dr Forgey was cold when I did see him but I was willing to overlook. I would never recommend due to lack of compassion and lack of interes
  • Long wait times
Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
While seeing Dr. Forgey for severe depression after I had recently moved to the area, I received the worst series of anti-depressants (along with side effects) that I have to date, after which he terminated our relationship saying that he "doesn't treat that kind of depression." Out of the three Psychiatrists I have seen over 13 years, Dr. Forgey is by far the least skilled and least interested in his patients' well-being. If you want to get better, go somewhere else.
Baton Rouge, LA – Oct 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
I first saw Dr. Forgey during one of the darkest times in my life when I didn't even know if I needed anyone beyond a threapist. Dr. Forgey quickly understood the chemestry underlying my problems and we now collaborate to adjust it, and he did not make me feel ashamed or weak for seeking this help. Dr. Forgery knows his pharma, which is more than I can say about the vast majority of MDs.
Hera in Baton Rouge, LA – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?
No bedside manner. A plastic smile will remain on Forgey's face for the entire 10 minutes you speak with him, where you are asked the same 5 questions every appointment, and are prescribed drugs that lead to addiction.
Baton Rouge, LA – Feb 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Forgey?