Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Forgey IV

Psychiatry Assocs Baton Rouge

9229 Bluebonnet Blvd Baton Rouge, LA 70810

Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Baton Rouge, LA and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans in 1992 and specializes in psychiatry and adult psychiatry.

Dr. Forgey IV accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Louisiana

Check Dr. Forgey IV's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Forgey IV's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

• Psychiatry

3.3

Dr. Forgey IV?
Dr. Forgey IV's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD
Dr. Forgey finally gave me a correct diagnosis after YEARS of doctors going back and forth with multiple diagnoses and treatment plans. If I call with a question, he calls back that day, without fail. It may be 6pm, but he WILL call me back personally. I have never had a psychiatrist listen to me and truly care about getting to the root of the problem the way Dr. Forgey has. He has changed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?
He was uninterested in treating my child, who suffered from his rejection, and still charged us $400 for which we received nothing - just a "I won't treat you" diagnosis. What other professional gets to charge you for no services provided? I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that we wanted to continue with our own therapist and not the ones in his practice?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?
He treats addiction, depression, anxiety, and ADHD. I went there and opened up. He refused to treat me after I paid $395 because I use kratom because I find it helps cravings for other drugs. I'm totally fine with feedback and disagreements but his job to help you with addiction. My anxiety, depression, and ADHD are factors in my addiction which he could help treat. I even asked if he could just countinue my ssri & he said he can't support me. Can't be that selective after $395 & no refund.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?
Finally a doctor who pinpointed my true diagnosis is. Things make so much more sense. Very friendly and knowledgeable. It only took 3 psychiatrists in over 10 years prior to him to not really listen or understand. My family says I’m like old me again and they are pleased with my treatment plan and say I’m better than I’ve been in a decade. If a problem or question arises between visits he will call you himself rather than play the tag relaying message through a nurse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?
I tried to go back to doc Forgey after a 6 mos in the hospital and 6 weeks in a coma which left me in a very dark place. My case has been closed due to the lengthy wait time. I was working then. I no longer work and tried to see him or another doc in his office. He refused to open my case. I was very clear that I was in great need of his help he refused. Dr Forgey was cold when I did see him but I was willing to overlook. I would never recommend due to lack of compassion and lack of interes
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?
While seeing Dr. Forgey for severe depression after I had recently moved to the area, I received the worst series of anti-depressants (along with side effects) that I have to date, after which he terminated our relationship saying that he "doesn't treat that kind of depression." Out of the three Psychiatrists I have seen over 13 years, Dr. Forgey is by far the least skilled and least interested in his patients' well-being. If you want to get better, go somewhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?
I first saw Dr. Forgey during one of the darkest times in my life when I didn't even know if I needed anyone beyond a threapist. Dr. Forgey quickly understood the chemestry underlying my problems and we now collaborate to adjust it, and he did not make me feel ashamed or weak for seeking this help. Dr. Forgery knows his pharma, which is more than I can say about the vast majority of MDs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?
No bedside manner. A plastic smile will remain on Forgey's face for the entire 10 minutes you speak with him, where you are asked the same 5 questions every appointment, and are prescribed drugs that lead to addiction.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burl Forgey IV, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Forgey IV?