Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Burk Young, MD
Dr. Burk Young, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Vernal, UT. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Young is affiliated with Ashley Regional Medical Center.

175 N 100 W Ste 201

Vernal, UT 84078

• Altius Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Young

See how frequently Dr. Young performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Dislocation
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Joint Pain

Dr. Young's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1992

Dr. Young has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Young does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Young and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Young's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Young to family and friends
Dr. Young's Performance
in Vernal UT |
Doctor Young did a great job on my shoulder. He is easy to talk to and honest. He knows what he does well and is not satisfied unless it’s perfect. He has helped me and my family multiple times with great results. Thank you doctor Young.
in Vernal, UT |
Best orthopedic doctor I have ever been too. He is very professional and funny . He truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He is much a perfectionist and does an amazing job. He will go above and beyond to make sure his patients are taken care of. I'm truly thankful he has taken care of me and my entire family. He is a 10 !!!
in Vernal, UT |
Did a complete knee replacement and repair of complete rotator cuff tear. great surgeon, great follow-up on surgery and physical therapy. the incision is almost invisible just a very fine line.
in Vernal, UT |
Dr. Young is an amazing orthopedic surgeon. He has taken care of several of my family members. He cares deeply for each of his patients. He repaired my son's ACL and miniscus that were torn playing soccer. He called on the phone to check up on him. He was very concerned and attentive both before and after surgery. My son was told by another MD that he would never play soccer again, but after Dr. Young's surgery his knee was even stronger than before and he was able to return to the sport.
in Dinosaur, CO |
My husband has had three surgeries performed by Dr. Young and I have had one. Dr. Young is the most caring doctor either of us has had. His determination to achieve a good outcome is commendable. His relocation to Douglas, Wyoming is truly good fortune for that area. Should either of us require a surgery again, we intend to travel to Douglas to be treated by Dr. Young.
in Vernal, UT |
Meticulous – infection prevention Empathetic – pain management Talented – gifted surgeon Personable – genuine caring
in Vernal, UT |
Dr. Young has been our "go to guy" for problems for many years from broken legs to carpal tunnel releases. He is so thorough and attentive. Our experiences have been totally satisfactory. He is just an all around great individual. One of his most important traits is if he is not totally comfortable doing your procedure, he will refer you to another doctor with more experience in that area. He truly cares about his patients well being.
in Vernal, UT |
Dr. Young was my choice for total knee replacement, the right one in September 2016, and the left one in March 2017. Dr. Young is experienced, meticulous and knowledgeable regarding his patient's health and well-being. My knees are so straight and solid, and I couldn't be more thankful and pleased with Dr. Young, his staff and the hospital here in Vernal for the most excellent and professional care I received. Dr. Young will be sorely missed and we wish him well, always.
in Vernal, UT |
Dr. Young is a great Orthopedic Surgeon. We have all the confidence in him. He has performed a knee replacement on my husband and he has been very pleased with that. He performed ankle surgery on me after a very bad brake and he took such great care of me. He has repaired a shoulder for me and I would recommend him for any orthopedic care.
Dutch John, UT |
My husband and I have both seen Dr. Young because of knee trouble. He is an excellent Dr. and we both appreciated the time he took with us and the care we received from him. I appreciated the fact that he didn't immediately do surgery, but tried to work with us to avoid surgery if possible. In my case, my knee is better, with no surgery. My husband did end up needing knee replacement. The surgery went well, the care we received after the surgery was excellent, and Ed is playing golf again.
in Vernal, UT |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Young I broke my wrist a year ago had to have surgery. I had never had surgery before and I'M 68 years old. Dr. Young explained everything to me and my family that I could understand. He was very kind and did and EXCELLENT job!! He kept in close contact and seen me through complete recovery!! Dr. Young is a fine doctor and man.
Vernal, UT |
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Young and his office staff. My family and I have been under his care for years. I always feel like Dr. Young truly cares about his patients and goes out of his way to help everyone. He has always taken his time with me to thoroughly explain what is going on and answer any questions I might have. He is an outstanding surgeon and the only one I trust. His office staff is always very friendly and helpful with payments and making appointments.
in Vernal, UT |
I tore my ACL earlier this year and Dr Young went out of his way to help me recover after performing my surgery. He personally came to my house and dropped off a stationary bike after he was off one day so I could excercise the muscles and tendons in my knee. I have Never seen a doctor so committed to my recovery or health.
in Vernal, UT |
Dr. Young is an amazing Doctor. My son injured his arm in a hockey game on a Saturday 2 hours away from Vernal so we called Dr. Young and he told us that as soon as we got into town to call him and he said that he would meet us at his office to look at it. My son's arm was broken and Dr. Young took care of everything right then. I am sure that there are not a lot of Orthopedic doctors that would accommodate us like Dr. Young did. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Burk Young.
in Vernal, Utah |
Dr. Young is fantastic. We had a unique case where my son broke his leg the day of a family wedding. I'm a young mom, and was trying to figure out how I was going to get his leg casted and all make it to the wedding. Dr. Young stepped in and got him casted in time for us to all be there. I'm forever grateful. He's a lifesaver (literally). I also feel like he is exceptional in setting bones and insisted on doing the casting himself. My son has had zero issues since removing the cast!
in Vernal, UT |
My experience with Dr. Young has always been positive. He is very professional and is very thorough with explaining what is going on. He has been a huge asset to this community and I would recommend him to anyone!
in Vernal |
I was at the doctors office for 2 hrs total and saw the doctor himself for 16 minutes. I felt more confused about what was wrong with me after our short visit. I had to ask HIM if there was exercises that could help, I had to ask HIM if a cortisone shot would help, I had to ask HIM if he could get me some medication for the pain. Sometimes I seriously felt like I was the doctor in the situation! The office was extremely small and very outdated. I really wish that I would have felt different.
Have you seen Dr. Burk Young, MD?
Are you Dr. Young?