Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD
Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Newport Beach, CA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Ozgur is affiliated with Hoag Orthopedic Institute and Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.

361 Hospital Rd Ste 224

Newport Beach, CA 92663

Learn about Dr. Ozgur

Dr. Ozgur believes in taking the time to listen and talk to patients, making an accurate diagnosis, and offering a minimally invasive approach to spine problems.

Dr. Ozgur's Experience

Dr. Ozgur's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, Irvine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of Vermont / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• multiple,

Dr. Ozgur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ozgur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ozgur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ozgur to family and friends
Dr. Ozgur's Performance
in fountain valley, ca |
I could not have asked for a better surgeon for my back surgery than Dr. Ozgur. He was very knowledgeable, kind, patient and put me at ease from day one. He took the time to explain the procedure to me and paiiently answered all my questions. His Physician Assisant, Erin Wood, was always available to answer my day to day questions. His office works as a team and a very good one at that!! I would highly recommend Dr. Ozgur to friends and family!!!
in Irvine, CA |
Dr. Ozgur has recently performed back surgery on my wife that was very successful, with quick recovery and excellent results; my wife went from extreme pain to pain-free overnight. His calm and courteous demeanor and attentiveness before and after the surgery as well as his surgical skills (evident by the surgery's success and the compliments Hoag hospital staff expressed of his work!) were superb. We strongly recommend Dr. Ozgur.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD & Erin PA-C are extremely professional & expert surgeons. I was referred to them because I had numbness in both legs for several months. I felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Ozgur & Erin the second I met them. They reviewed all options, surgical & non-surgical, & encouraged me to get a second opinion. They recommended minimally invasive surgery. I was walking several hours after the surgery. It has been a month since my surgery & I am extremely happy with my recovery.
in Irvine, CA |
Dr Ozgur, showed care and the upmost concern for my treatment, from the the very beginning of my journey, thru the entire 2 month post surgery. He and his staff gave superior care and made the entire surgical process the easiest I have ever gone thru. His staff made all of my pre-surgical appt for labs and tests and called to remind me of my appts. i have hades 16 surgies in the last 10 years. Dr Ozgur sets the Gold Standard in care and professionalism. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Corona del Mar, CA |
Dr. Ozgur is an incredibly talented surgeon and I highly recommend him! He is very professional, confident and kind. Erin,his physician's assistant,is also amazing...always professional,accessible and kind.I was diagnosed with spondy on L4-5 causing lumbar pain and significant numbness in my left leg. My husband and I met with Dr.Ozgur and Erin and were very impressed.He carefully explained how he would correct my problem and he did!I am so thankful! Dr. Ozgur,Erin and office staff are the BEST!
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
My experience with Dr. Burak Ozgar is that he is extremely professional! Took the time to listen to my personal health condition, explained in detail my options and what to expect. Anyone I had contact with in this office treated me with the utmost respect and made me feel at ease. Always responded super quick to all of my questions and concerns I had. I highly recommend Dr. Burak Ozgar and his staff, you will be in the best hands.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
I was diagnosed with stenosis of the L4,5 area and am very active in physical activities. My husband and I consulted with Dr. Ozgur and from the moment that he spoke to me after listening to my story, I knew I was in good and capable hands. He explained on a model of the spine what he intended to do and why. The results were immediate and recovery smooth. Our entire experience from the front office to the procedure and post-op, has been delightful and professional. I could not be happier.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Ozgur is a Rock Star, he gave me my life back. I had Anterior Spinal Fusion (went in from front) and a Laminectomy (went in from back). Don't screw around with your spine you only have 1. I was basically pain free about 5 weeks out. His demeanor is very professional, his staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Ozgur. For an extremely busy Doc he never made me feel rushed and made sure I completely understood exactly what was going on.
in Indio, CA |
Dr. Ozgur is an amazing doctor. He answers all of your questions in a personable manor that is easy to understand while providing all of the details about your specific surgery. He explains why he chooses a certain method, how is he going achieve it, and the successes he has seen from his patients. He is confident with his results all the while being honest that every surgery has risks. Without him I would not be able to an active 27 y.o. living life to the fullest.
in Westminster, CA |
Thank you so much for your kindness and also for being so quick and willing to explain the steps leading to my surgery. This was the quickest recovery I have ever experienced. Erin and Lisa were very helpful through this process. I would recommend Dr. Ozgur & staff to anyone needing spinal surgery. Your thankful patient, Marta Wright
in Newport Beach, CA |
I was diagnosed with stenosis of The L4 L5 area in my spine w/ cyst. I am in my late 50s, physically active and was experiencing pain throughout the right leg only. I consulted with 2 Dr's. but Dr. Ozgur asked me extensive questions and showed me on a model of a spine what he intended to do and why. Instead of spinal fusion, Dr. Ozgur recommended minimally invasive laminotomy. Results were great. 2 months later I am back to a normal activity schedule including workouts. I highly recommend him.
in Menlo Park, CA |
He is amazing and I could not recommend anyone more strongly. I broke my C4,5,6 in a horse accident and was told by every doctor that I was referred to by my insurance provider that I would remain paralyzed and in a wheelchair for the rest of my life and there was nothing that could ne done. I knew I had to find a doctor within 9 days. He cleared his schedule and on the 6th day and 9 hours of surgery, Due to Dr. Ozgur's surgical prowess, I am 100% and there is nothing I am restricted from doing.
in Anaheim Hills, CA |
I suffered with cervical related pain for over 7 years. I saw 4 surgeons before choosing Dr. Ozgur. After my first consultation with him I was confident that he was the one. We discussed several options- 2 and 3 level fusions and also artificial discs. I opted for the artificial discs and am thrilled with the outcome. I am totally pain free and have full range of motion. I couldn't be happier!
in Pasadena, CA |
At the age of 46 (I'm now 52) Dr Ozgur performed the surgery fusing two levels of my spine. I was shortly able to return to a high level of physical activity, including weight lifting - my back & leg pain was no longer an issue for me. It has remained so throughout the period following my surgery. Dr. Ozgur was clear in explaining what would be done and how. There was never a point where I was unsure about what was planned.
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Ozgur carefully diagnosed my stenosis and cyst condition and offered me a minimally invasive surgical solution. My double laminectomy combined with the implantation of an interspinous process device resulted in total relief from my near constant leg and hip pain. I found his total professionalism extended to his entire staff. I could not recommend a doctor more highly than I can Dr. Ozgur.
Have you seen Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Are you Dr. Ozgur?

See our Neurosurgery Specialist at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance

Visit Dr. Ozgur