Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD

Dr. Ozgur
Telehealth services available

One Brain & Spine Center

16405 Sand Canyon Ave Ste 200 Irvine, CA 92618

Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Irvine, CA and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ozgur has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Vermont / College of Medicine medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hoag Hospital Newport Beach and Hoag Orthopedic Institute. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ozgur to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

See similar Neurosurgery Specialists in Irvine

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Ozgur accepts

Dr. Ozgur accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield of California
Access Plus Savenet
Local Access Plus HMO
United Healthcare PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 84% more than their peers

Dr. Ozgur's conditions and procedures:

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Ozgur's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ozgur

Dr. Ozgur?
Dr Ozgur is simply the best! During our first meeting, the doctor listened to my concerns and fully explained my options. There is no rush to surgery. Several weeks later after an in-depth consultation, we agreed surgery was the only option to help me. I had full confidence because of the success other family members and friends had experienced with Dr. Ozgur. He performed a robotic minimally invasive Lower spine surgery on me to literally relieve all of my sciatic pain. I was up and walking my neighborhood street the next day. This was life changing for me! His team is first rate. I could call with questions or ask for help anytime. I will always be grateful to Dr Ozgur. Many thanks as well to Jordan and Yulia!
Susan S – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Ozgur. This is the first review for a physician I have left As a neurologist myself, I would only allow the best to mess with my spine cord. He did not disappoint; he listened to my history, looked at my films, recommended excellent physicians to see for further studies prior to seeing me back where we had a personal discussion of my options. He clearly cares about his patients. Further, his staff are also very warm and helpful. The day of surgery many Hoag Hospital staff commented how “lucky” I was to have Dr. Ozgur....such spontaneous praise from other health professionals further helped me go into surgery and later home with a positive attitude. I have been supported during recovery as well. Could not recommend a physician more highly.
Diane S – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Thank You... Surgical "DREAM TEAM SUPREME"...that is what I am calling Dr. Ozgur, Jordan (Dr. Ozgur's PA), Yulia (scheduler and coordinator), and Dr. Brian Cauley (anesthesiologist). It has only been 3 weeks to the day that I had my extensive surgery and I feel GREAT! Ready to begin my first physical therapy session next weekI had suffered with debilitating back pain that truly ended up impairing my daily living and exhausted all of the non-surgical options before my surgery consultation...(injections, physical therapy, pain management...) After much in-depth research, I telephoned Dr. Ozgur's office and spoke with Yulia. Her efficient, pleasant manner was so welcoming and thank goodness she scheduled a consultation with Dr. Ozgur and Jordan. Dr. Ozgur and Jordan had reviewed the detailed information I brought them from my past history and failed attempts... and proceeded to give a detailed explanation of what surgical procedures they thought would help me and exceeded expectation
KAREN MARSALESE – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Thank you Dr. Ozgur, Jordan, PA and Yulia, office manager for giving me my life back. My passion in life has been riding horses and hiking with my husband with our two cattle dogs. I had to give all these activities up because of severe back pain. I decided surgery was my only hope when the injections weren't helping. I live in Murrieta and I researched the doctor I wanted to go to. I wanted one of the best. I chose Dr. Burak Ozgur. I wasn't sure if I could get an appointment during this Covid-19 crisis, but I was able to make an appointment for an evaluation. He agreed surgery was necessary and it wasn't long before I was scheduled for surgery since the hospital was opening up for elective surgeries. Dr. Ozgur did minimal invasive surgery performing spinal fusions and microdecompression on my low back. Two weeks after surgery, I am walking with the dogs pain free and I look forward to riding again. I highly recommend Dr. Ozgur and staff at One Brain & Spine Center.
Ginger Von Achen – May 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I cannot thank Dr. Ozgur, his PA Jordan Faulkner, his assistant Yulia, his office staff and all of nurses, aides and physical therapists at Hoag for their exceptional care. I had a C4-7 ACDF on April 28th. When I was 19 I started having neck pain. Then I spent seven years in a combat unit in the Army, went to school and then spent the last 15 years as a critical care nurse. I’ve always managed to live with the pain, but when my hands went numb about a year ago I finally decided I needed to do something and was referred to Dr. Ozgur after my PCP examined me. I had several tests and three epidurals. It all added up to surgery being the best option for me. I was terrified to have this surgery but I am so glad that I did. The feeling in my hands improves daily. The aching in my neck is gone (I do have post-op pain but it’s not the same and gets better daily). I am looking forward to PT to regain function in my hands. Overall- 10/10.
Natalie de Haas – May 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Could not have had a better experience at a doctor's office. ( I do know, I'm a surgeon.) His coordinator, Yulia, and PA, Jordan, could not have been more friendly and helpful. The office is very efficient. Dr. Ozgur and I both felt surgery was necessary. It was carried out expeditiously, and now, nearing three months, has to considered a complete success. I could not be happier, and hopefully you will, as well.
Ed Troy – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr Burak Ozgur is a spine magician. He made all my neck pain disappear with his surgery. He did a triple fusion of my cervical vertebraes and gave me my life back with no pain. I can ride horses and play polo again. Before I saw him, I was in so much pain that my life was miserable and I was not fun to be around. As a matter of fact, I didn't want to be around my friends and family anymore because pain was making me a different and not fun person. Because of him I am back to my normal happy self. Thank you Dr Ozgar.
Caroline Anier – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur performed lumbar stabilization from S1 to L3 in February 2020 (anterior and posterior). Prior to surgery the radiating pain, numbness, and weakness were limiting my physical activity and deteriorating my quality of life. Dr. Ozgur conservatively approached my condition and confirmed the extent of my nerve damage to determine the surgical procedure to ensure the best outcome. Dr. Ozgur's office staff and PA, Jordan, are professional, compassionate, and responsive. Every office visit, hospital visit, and phone conversation with Dr. Ozgur and Jordan conveyed the detail of the procedure/follow up/prognosis in terms that were both understandable and compassionate. Following surgery, most of the symptoms are gone or greatly diminished. I believe any physical limitations going forward will be minimal at most. My back feels more stable than it has in 30 years. I highly recommend Dr. Ozgur to treat back/nerve conditions that have reduced one's quality of life.
Rob H – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I am so fortunate to have Dr Ozgur in my network. He is phenomenal and I thank the good Lord for him and his knowledge and skills. Thank you Dr. Ozgur for helping me reclaim my life back!
Russ – Sep 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I got my life back, thanks to the medical care I received from Dr. Ozgur.
Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Truly a wonderful physician. I had a major back surgery and he did a incredible job on me. He is gentle and understanding. I have a great respect for him and am indebted to him for my wonderful improvements. I highly recommend him!
Cece Stein – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur performed spinal decompression surgery a few years ago. He is one of the finest doctors I have ever known.. I have referred him to others who feel as I do.
Los Angeles, CA – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ozgur in September, 2018 for lower back pain and a partially numb right leg. When I called for an appointment, the earliest appointment was a month away. I said I couldn't wait that long, that I had been suffering this way for a month. My MRI was completed, but only the report was available. Yulia asked me to get them a copy of the MRI and bring it to them. I was at their office the next day. I had barely returned home, and she was calling to set up an appointment for the next week with the doctor. Dr. Ozgur explained everything to me and answered all of my questions. My microdecompression, microdiscectomy, and removal of a disc fragment was on Oct. 9, 2018. Dr. Ozgur and staff are very professional and accommodating. I really appreciated them fitting me into a very tight surgery schedule.
Apr 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Excellent Doctor. Experienced, Precise with his high degree of skill set and gets extremely great results.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Absolutely wonderful experience, from the helpful, caring office staff, to Dr. Ozgur himself. Had been experiencing severe sciatic pain for several months. After reviewing my history and MRI, he diagnosed the problem and came up with solution, which required surgery. It has been 7 weeks since surgery and I feel almost 100%. Currently in physical therapy to gain back strength in core but feeling great! I feel like Dr. Ozgur has given me my life and lifestyle back.
Karen Lee in Huntington Beach , CA – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Importantly he takes the time to allow a patient to feel comfortable and confident in his diagnosis and skill level. His communication with the patient is excellent and his staff is equally good. Highly recommended
Carmen in Newport beach – Aug 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
My internist referred me to Dr. Ozgur for an evaluation of a progressively worsening stenosis condition. In our initial meeting, Dr. Ozgur quickly confirmed to me that the condition had deteriorated (affecting both my mobility and quality of life) to the point that left spinal decompression surgery as the only effective means of relief. Surgery was scheduled and performed with three weeks of my initial visit. Now, three weeks in recovery, I'm well on the way to getting my life back!
Jeffrey in Newport Beach , CA – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ozgur by my neurologist when she determined that surgery on my cervical spine was probably needed. I left my first consultation appointment with Dr. Ozgur very impressed not only with him, but his entire staff. Dr. Ozgur answered all of my questions, some even before I was able to ask them. The entire process from consultation, surgery and follow-up has been total.
Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I have a deeply felt appreciation, and a heartfelt thankfulness, for everything in Dr. Ozgur's life that went in to making him both an excellent neurosurgeon, and a good person. He recently repaired the cervical section of my spine. I have found that what he does, and how he does it to be nothing short of inspirational.
Pam in Irvine – Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur and his team, office staff and Erin his PA, were fabulous. I did have conservative treatment for about 4 years. When I finally decided I interviewed one other neurosurgeon and two orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Ozgur was by far the best out of all. He explained everything in detail, took time, answered all my questions. I can highly recommend One Brain and Spine.
Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ozgur?

Dr. Ozgur believes in taking the time to listen and talk to patients, making an accurate diagnosis, and offering a minimally invasive approach to spine problems.

• Spine Surgery

1994
University Of California, Irvine

• multiple,

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Ozgur communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ozgur communicates via email

• Does Dr. Ozgur offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ozgur offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Ozgur offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ozgur offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Ozgur have free onsite parking?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Ozgur offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ozgur offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Ozgur offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ozgur offers evening visits