Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD

Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from University of Vermont / College of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in neurosurgery.

361 Hospital Rd Ste 224

Newport Beach, CA 92663

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Ozgur's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Aneurysm
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Cervical Microdiscectomy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Stroke
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis

Dr. Ozgur believes in taking the time to listen and talk to patients, making an accurate diagnosis, and offering a minimally invasive approach to spine problems.

• Neurosurgery

1.0204081632653061%

Dr. Ozgur?
Dr. Ozgur's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD
I was referred to Dr. Ozgur in September, 2018 for lower back pain and a partially numb right leg. When I called for an appointment, the earliest appointment was a month away. I said I couldn't wait that long, that I had been suffering this way for a month. My MRI was completed, but only the report was available. Yulia asked me to get them a copy of the MRI and bring it to them. I was at their office the next day. I had barely returned home, and she was calling to set up an appointment for the next week with the doctor. Dr. Ozgur explained everything to me and answered all of my questions. My microdecompression, microdiscectomy, and removal of a disc fragment was on Oct. 9, 2018. Dr. Ozgur and staff are very professional and accommodating. I really appreciated them fitting me into a very tight surgery schedule.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Excellent Doctor. Experienced, Precise with his high degree of skill set and gets extremely great results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Absolutely wonderful experience, from the helpful, caring office staff, to Dr. Ozgur himself. Had been experiencing severe sciatic pain for several months. After reviewing my history and MRI, he diagnosed the problem and came up with solution, which required surgery. It has been 7 weeks since surgery and I feel almost 100%. Currently in physical therapy to gain back strength in core but feeling great! I feel like Dr. Ozgur has given me my life and lifestyle back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Importantly he takes the time to allow a patient to feel comfortable and confident in his diagnosis and skill level. His communication with the patient is excellent and his staff is equally good. Highly recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
My internist referred me to Dr. Ozgur for an evaluation of a progressively worsening stenosis condition. In our initial meeting, Dr. Ozgur quickly confirmed to me that the condition had deteriorated (affecting both my mobility and quality of life) to the point that left spinal decompression surgery as the only effective means of relief. Surgery was scheduled and performed with three weeks of my initial visit. Now, three weeks in recovery, I'm well on the way to getting my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ozgur by my neurologist when she determined that surgery on my cervical spine was probably needed. I left my first consultation appointment with Dr. Ozgur very impressed not only with him, but his entire staff. Dr. Ozgur answered all of my questions, some even before I was able to ask them. The entire process from consultation, surgery and follow-up has been total.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I have a deeply felt appreciation, and a heartfelt thankfulness, for everything in Dr. Ozgur's life that went in to making him both an excellent neurosurgeon, and a good person. He recently repaired the cervical section of my spine. I have found that what he does, and how he does it to be nothing short of inspirational.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur and his team, office staff and Erin his PA, were fabulous. I did have conservative treatment for about 4 years. When I finally decided I interviewed one other neurosurgeon and two orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Ozgur was by far the best out of all. He explained everything in detail, took time, answered all my questions. I can highly recommend One Brain and Spine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
In 2016 Dr. Ozgur performed lower back decompression surgery to releave sciatic pain in my right leg. Procedure was minimally evasive and resolved the stenosis..Recovery was better than expexted I was back to routine activities in a matter of days. In 2017, Dr. Ozgur performed similar surgery to releave stenosis causing sciatic pain in my left leg. Results were immediate and recovery was even better than ever. Dr. Ozgur’s expertise and talent is truly exceptional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Was told by a prominent West LA spinal clinic that to fix chronic sciatica pain, I would need to have a fusion. I"m very athletic/active, and that just wasn't an option for me. I tried all of the conservative measures to treat the condition prior to seeking surgery, and nothing worked. After my first visit with Dr. Ozgur, I had new found hope. I'm now 7 wks from microdecompression surgery performed by Dr. Ozgur and the results have been amazing. I've already resumed normal exercise. No Pain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I could not have asked for a better surgeon for my back surgery than Dr. Ozgur. He was very knowledgeable, kind, patient and put me at ease from day one. He took the time to explain the procedure to me and paiiently answered all my questions. His Physician Assisant, Erin Wood, was always available to answer my day to day questions. His office works as a team and a very good one at that!! I would highly recommend Dr. Ozgur to friends and family!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur has recently performed back surgery on my wife that was very successful, with quick recovery and excellent results; my wife went from extreme pain to pain-free overnight. His calm and courteous demeanor and attentiveness before and after the surgery as well as his surgical skills (evident by the surgery's success and the compliments Hoag hospital staff expressed of his work!) were superb. We strongly recommend Dr. Ozgur.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD & Erin PA-C are extremely professional & expert surgeons. I was referred to them because I had numbness in both legs for several months. I felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Ozgur & Erin the second I met them. They reviewed all options, surgical & non-surgical, & encouraged me to get a second opinion. They recommended minimally invasive surgery. I was walking several hours after the surgery. It has been a month since my surgery & I am extremely happy with my recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr Ozgur, showed care and the upmost concern for my treatment, from the the very beginning of my journey, thru the entire 2 month post surgery. He and his staff gave superior care and made the entire surgical process the easiest I have ever gone thru. His staff made all of my pre-surgical appt for labs and tests and called to remind me of my appts. i have hades 16 surgies in the last 10 years. Dr Ozgur sets the Gold Standard in care and professionalism. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur is an incredibly talented surgeon and I highly recommend him! He is very professional, confident and kind. Erin,his physician's assistant,is also amazing...always professional,accessible and kind.I was diagnosed with spondy on L4-5 causing lumbar pain and significant numbness in my left leg. My husband and I met with Dr.Ozgur and Erin and were very impressed.He carefully explained how he would correct my problem and he did!I am so thankful! Dr. Ozgur,Erin and office staff are the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
My experience with Dr. Burak Ozgar is that he is extremely professional! Took the time to listen to my personal health condition, explained in detail my options and what to expect. Anyone I had contact with in this office treated me with the utmost respect and made me feel at ease. Always responded super quick to all of my questions and concerns I had. I highly recommend Dr. Burak Ozgar and his staff, you will be in the best hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
I was diagnosed with stenosis of the L4,5 area and am very active in physical activities. My husband and I consulted with Dr. Ozgur and from the moment that he spoke to me after listening to my story, I knew I was in good and capable hands. He explained on a model of the spine what he intended to do and why. The results were immediate and recovery smooth. Our entire experience from the front office to the procedure and post-op, has been delightful and professional. I could not be happier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur is a Rock Star, he gave me my life back. I had Anterior Spinal Fusion (went in from front) and a Laminectomy (went in from back). Don't screw around with your spine you only have 1. I was basically pain free about 5 weeks out. His demeanor is very professional, his staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Ozgur. For an extremely busy Doc he never made me feel rushed and made sure I completely understood exactly what was going on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Dr. Ozgur is an amazing doctor. He answers all of your questions in a personable manor that is easy to understand while providing all of the details about your specific surgery. He explains why he chooses a certain method, how is he going achieve it, and the successes he has seen from his patients. He is confident with his results all the while being honest that every surgery has risks. Without him I would not be able to an active 27 y.o. living life to the fullest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burak Ozgur, MD?
Thank you so much for your kindness and also for being so quick and willing to explain the steps leading to my surgery. This was the quickest recovery I have ever experienced. Erin and Lisa were very helpful through this process. I would recommend Dr. Ozgur & staff to anyone needing spinal surgery. Your thankful patient, Marta Wright
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ozgur?

Insurance accepted