Dr. Bryon Evans, MD

Dr. Bryon Evans, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Bryon Evans, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Evans is affiliated with Southern Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Evans' Experience

See how Dr. Evans' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Evans

Dr. Evans accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Evans has admitting privileges.

Dr. Evans' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Evans to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Evans' Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
I love Dr. Evans forever. I'm grateful to Tracy Evans for all the help in getting my son in. Dr. Evans comes highly recommended. Tracy listened to me and was so caring and accommodating. After our appointment, I now finally feel that my son is getting the help he desperately needed. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Evans is terrific. His practice manager Tracy Evans is fabulous. She is beautiful inside and out. Let me tell you why. When I lost my job and insurance this incredible soul worked out a payment arrangement so that I would never miss an appointment. She has encouraged me, given great advice and hugs. With the help of Dr. Evans and Tracy I feel wonderful and start a new job next week.
in Atlanta, GA |
I just read that last comment and I was actually being seen on the same day. People are such liars. The office staff is very gracious. The only reason I've ever seen a person get upset is when they have to pay a no-show or less than 24hr cancellation fee. It's called taking responsibility. That whole office ROCKS! The bad comments are from haters! The office staff & Dr. Evans are AMAZING!
in Atlanta, GA |
The receptionist is really rude. Shes on a power trip. I hate having to deal with her. Dr. Evans is cool though.
in Atlanta, GA |
I love Dr. Evans and his staff. The staff is professional and kind, they obviously care about their patients, and they are very courteous. I'm surprised about some of the complaints I've read, but just like everything else in life, you will always get disgruntled people who will complain no matter what. Having been treated by this practice for 8 years, I have been more than satisfied and I have been treated by a number of psychiatrists over the years. You won't find a better place!
While Dr. Evans is helpful and accommodating, there gross conflict of interest with his wife being his office manager. She assists patients on her own time and claims she "controls" what the patient pays for visits and can make the amount whatever she wants, regardless of insurance. She is rude, unprofessional, and an enormous risk to the mental health of the patients being seen due to her emotional abuse.
in Roswell, GA |
The customer service is so poor it borders on dangerous
in Smyrna, Ga |
The best Psychiatrist in Atl. Dr. Evans has me feeling better than I ever have before. I'm beyond impressed and grateful. The new office is so convenient. Tracy is so nice and accommodating. God bless
in ATLANTA |
Awesome doctor!!!! The best!!!
in Norcross, GA |
I have depression and anxiety. I highly respect Dr. Evans. He has a great demeanor, very easy going, but professional and definitely knows his stuff. He made me feel at ease once I met him. I'm recommending him to my sister. No complaints with his staff. They are always helpful when I call. Office is very modern, clean and very nice.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Evans is the best! I've been seeing him for over 10 years. He's accommodating and compassionate. I love his new office! I read the negative reviews and they are so wrong! He is wonderful and Tracy is so nice. You will always get patients who complain when they don't get their way. They only want their meds without having to attend appointments or paying their co-pays. The ones who make the most fuss are usually the most problematic. I've seen Dr. Evans for over 10 years and he's the best
in Alpharetta |
I called lots of psychiatrists offices that could not get my daughter seen. I was having a tough time with her. Her father & I were at our wits end. I called the office of Dr. Evans & spoke with Tracy. She was a God send. After listening to my situation she was willing to fit my daughter into the Dr's full schedule. We've been seeing Dr. Evans for a year now. He is outstanding. My daughter is happy, doing well in school & now a joy to be around.
Tarpon Springs, FL |
Dr. Evans is an excellent dr! He is very caring, compassionate, and a great listener. He addresses my mental health and refill my prescription in a timely matter. Wish there are more like him. He front desk staff has a very demanding job in dealing with rude people sometimes. Overall I find her professional. Recommended this practice highly!!
in atlanta, ga |
Impressed with Dr Evans and his terrific office manager Tracy Evans. My care has been GREAT. Many thanks to Psychiatric Consultants of Atlanta for showing kindness, incredible knowledge and my continued care.
in Atlanta, GA |
The new location is fantastic. Dr. Evans is the best Psychiatrist I've ever had. I continue to receive the best care. I can't say enough about his practice manager Tracy Evans. Her compassion and smile have been much appreciated. She has picked my spirits up when I'm having a really bad day. They are a wonderful team. Love the waterfall in office. Such a zen environment.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Evans is an awesome psychiatrist! He's office is beautiful & relaxing. Mrs. Tracy Evans his practice manager is a great asset to the practice. She is very personable and knowledgeable. It has been a blessing to discuss my personal issues with her as well. I know I'm in the best hands. Thank you!
Morrow, GA |
Dr. Evans seems okay, but it's hard to recommend him because of his front office. You cannot call, only leave a msg and hope they call back. I left msgs for over a week and ran out of my RX due to not being called back! At the next appt, I was treated the rudest I've ever been..I guess because I had complained! It was unbelievable! They will overcharge you on your co-pay too! I will be talking to my insurance company about them! Horrible! Don't go there!
I urge anyone with anxiety to look elsewhere. Dr Evans' staff (his wife or "Mrs. Dr. Evans" as she likes to remind you when you question her) is toxic. She is very difficult to deal with if you have anxiety. She is dismissive, rude, condescending, and very unprofessional. Whenever I have to sort an issue out with her, I leave feeling more anxious than when I came. My last encounter with her left me with a 2 hour long panic attack. She is toxic. Dr Evans is great, but she ruins the practice.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Evans was not interested in seeing our sons medical records or seeing any feedback or assessments from our child's psychologist. His wife canceled our appointment and is as patients days before we were due to have his medication refilled because she was upset we wanted Dr. Evans to receive the information from the psychologist.
in Atlanta, GA |
I love Dr. Evans but like a couple of others on here have said his wait times in the past at least, have been astronomical and his staff is extremely disorganized and hard to get in touch with. To top that off he recently moved to a new location which is further for me and much harder for most to get to due to the amount of traffic there at the top of the perimeter. This is especially true when he's only available 3 afternoons a week. This is a shame because again, I think he's a great doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Evans is the absolute best!!! He is a wonderful psychiatrist. He is caring, compassionate and has helped my family in more than one crisis. I've been his patient for over 8 years. I've waited no longer than 15 minutes for my scheduled appointments. He has always been courteous and kind. He has a great knowledge of his field. I would recommend him to anyone. I've read the other review and Dr. Evans only moved his office twice in the last seven years. We love him!
Marietta, GA |
One of the best psychiatrist I've met. We love him.
in Morrow, Ga |
I was looking for the perfect psychiatrist for my son because I could not find the best fit for him before I found Dr. Evans! He is simply amazing, and I thought I would never find someone so perfect for my son. He has done an amazing job!
in Smyrna, GA |
Great Doctor! I enjoyed the efficient and friendly staff at this practice.
in Atlanta, ga |
His office is too busy to speak directly to patients, so they use an answering service. I spend too little time interacting with him in his office. He's spread so thin that the Tucker office is only open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-4 with lunch btw 1200-1300. Filling prescriptions takes forever, and it's like pulling teeth. He is very compassionate, however. He listens well. There's just not enough time to see him.
Have you seen Dr. Bryon Evans, MD?
Are you Dr. Evans?

Compare Dr. Evans

Dr. Evans' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Evans has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Evans' Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 2002

Emory University Hospital
    Ma Genl Hosp/McLean Hosp

Completed in 2004

Dr. Evans does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Evans and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)