Dr. Bryan Shouse, MD

Dr. Bryan Shouse, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Bryan Shouse, MD is a general surgery specialist in Frankfort, KY and has been practicing for 20 years. He specializes in general surgery and critical care medicine.

Learn about Dr. Shouse

See how frequently Dr. Shouse performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Cancer

Dr. Shouse's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Shouse "I have wanted to be a physician my entire life. The challenge of rapid evaluation and decisive treatment in surgery has always appealed to me. My goal is to treat my patients as individuals and provide the appropriate care and support, medical, emotional, and spiritual that they need, during difficult times in their lives."

• General Surgery
  • Critical Care Medicine

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Transylvania University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Naval Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

• FRMC Physician of the Year, May 2009

Dr. Shouse has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shouse does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shouse and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Frankfort Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Shouse is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Shouse's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shouse to family and friends

Dr. Shouse's Performance

Dr. Shouse and his staff are very competent, friendly, and effecient. Wait time was very short, explanation of procedure was quite clear, and all was carried out in a comforting, friendly manner. .A trip to my surgeon was not a time of anxiety, but of reassurance.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Friendly, professional office staff. I found that Dr. Shouse listened to and addressed my concerns. He was very professional and caring. My entire experience was very good.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Bryan Shouse is AWESOME!! He is kind and caring. He took time to talk to me about every aspect of my case and answered all of my questions. He took into consideration my feelings and concerns. I also appreciated his sense of humor, I laughed about something at each visit. His staff's customer...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have had a lot of experience with Dr. Shouse in the last month. He explains things well and is very open to any questions or concerns. He shows a great deal of compassion. My friend who went with me on my first visit with him said if she has to have surgery she will go to him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would not hesitate (and do) recommend Dr. Shouse and his great staff. Their kindness and compassion is excellent. When you find yourself in need of surgery, it always stressful. I felts as thought Dr. Shouse and his staff were sensitive to this and made me feel comfortable with the decisions...more
Are you Dr. Shouse?