Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Bryan Pack, MD
I grew up in a small Northern Michigan farming town, the oldest of four siblings. My parents instilled in all of us a sense of not only obligation to help others, but the joy of doing so. Ultimately, I wanted to pursue a career that would allow me to continue this legacy. My attraction to orthopedics began with a love of how things work. Working with my dad, a cabinet maker and family handyman, I enjoyed learning to fix things...and so did the orthopedic surgeon who fixed my broken ankle in junior high. An eight-week recovery was plenty of time to contemplate the importance of his job! In college, I studied in the Orthopaedic Research Laboratory at the University of Michigan, while working summers and weekends as a nursing assistant and orthopedic tech at the hospital. By the time I got to med school, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Similarly, in residency I quickly identified that I wanted to be a hip and knee replacement specialist -- a niche that most uniquely feeds my interests in biology, mechanics, complex problem solving, and improving a person's quality of life relatively quickly, with durable and predictable results.

350 Lafayette Ave SE

• Golden Rule
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Pack

I endeavor to treat patients the way I would want my family or myself to be treated. That means individualized, patient-centered, cutting-edge, and yet, evidence-based evaluations and treatment options, tailored to meet YOUR goals. I strongly believe in shared decision making to arrive at appropriate treatment plans, based on education of my patients and their families, be it surgical or non-operative options. Physicians take an oath to first, do no harm. In application of this central facet of my practice, we seek to not only address orthopaedic pathology, but also treat the person as a WHOLE.

Dr. Pack's Experience

Dr. Pack's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Joint Fracture
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
  • Arthrocentesis
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Surgery
  • Posterior Mini-Incision Total Hip Arthroplasty
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Grand Rapids Orth Surg Res Prog
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Pack has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pack does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pack and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pack's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pack to family and friends
Dr. Pack Says:

Your opinion and time matter to me! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback that will be shared with others. You are personally helping me improve the experience and care for other patients, and I greatly appreciate your assistance. As always, please contact me with any specific questions or concerns at any time. You can reach me at our office number: (616) 456-8515.

Dr. Pack's Performance
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Pack is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He is so thorough and discusses everything and explains it in a way that you can understand. He is compassionate and caring and that is rare today. He did a wonderful job on the surgery and the result was perfect.. I was in extreme pain before the surgery and now that pain is gone. I would and have highly recommended him to friends and family.
in Rockford, MI |
My experience with Doctor Pack was first rate. In this day of modern medicine, I was very pleased with Dr. Pack and his entire office staff. I had both hips replaced approximately 18 months apart and experienced quick recovery with each hip with minimal discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Pack for anyone needing orthopedic care. Mark
in Jenison, MI |
Dr. Pack has replaced both of my knees in the last three months. I am very pleased with the results of theses replacements. The program that they have is very well done, and take you step by step through the entire procedure. I was able to walk around after both surgery's in 3 weeks. Of course you need to work through Physical Therapy (which is tough at times, but worth the time and effort) to regain your leg strength. I am so pleased with with my results that I highly recommend Dr. Pack!!!!
in Mount Pleasant, MI |
I would and have recommended Dr. Pack to friends.
in Byron Center, MI |
I needed a new right hip. I had never had surgery of any kind, so this was a new experience for me. Did my research and decided on Dr. Pack. All I can say is...I definitely hired the right guy!!! And it's not just Pack, but the whole team and the whole process. Could not be more pleased.
in Three Rivers, MI |
I have already been recommending Dr. Pack to others. As a physician/surgeon he is exceptional in his approach to patients and his willingness to engage new patients, answering their questions, addressing their anxieties, and presenting options for remediation for presenting problems. And his sense of humor is a winning appeal.
in Whitehall, MI |
I heard about him from a prior patient, she showed me her smaller incision and said she had speedy recovery. I decided see him for a second opinion. During my initial visit I decided immediately to schedule my surgery with him. I was given a book written by him and his staff explaining EVERYTHING to prepare for and expect after surgery. I referred to this book often after surgery. Everything went great! I went back to work part time seven weeks after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Pack!
in Jenison, MI |
Dr. Pack did both my knees, first in Jan 16, second jan 17, both went very well. he has a great and compassionate style of working with patients and their family. he answers all questions and spends the time you need to feel comfortable with what is going to take place at the hospital and what will be expected during your recovery. RVO's staff and nurses are a pleasure to work with, they all make a tough few weeks much easier. i would highly reccomend Dr. Pack and RVO.
in Grand Haven, MI |
Dr Pack is the most thorough, encouraging, caring, humble Dr I have met in my many years on earth. If you are looking for a skilled surgeon who not only addresses your specific issue but also is concerned about the whole you & how it will affect your recuperation, then Dr Pack is your surgeon! Truly a Blessing! I have my life back, knee pain free. Thank you to his staff also for making this experience more comfortable than I could have imagined. God Bless!
in Allendale, MI |
I would like to thank Dr. Pack and his amazing team for making it possible for me to be free of hip pain after my surgery. Dr. Pack was so encouraging and professional. His smile is so infectious and that brought me comfort and confidence during the time of decisions and then surgery. I need knee surgery and he is definitely my doc of choice for that operation.
We're proud to have Dr. Kane on our team and appreciate you taking notice of his hard work and expertise as we work to get you back to doing. Thanks again for your kind words, we wish you much continued health!
in Hamilton,Mi. |
Dr. Pack is very personal. I liked that alot. He answered all my questions to where I understood what he was talking about, and explained the precidure in detail. Told me what to do before,during and after the surgery.His nurses are also very nice and personal!!
Dr. Pack's knowledge and personal investment in his patients is at the foundation of what the "RVO Experience" stands to bring to the world of orthopedic care. We are so glad you were able to experience it for yourself.
in Fremont, MI |
I am 8 days out from my hip replacement. I was walking the day of surgery, home the next day, I have my life back and cannot begin to thank Dr. Pack enough. He has such a contagious joy for what he does. He spends as much time as you need to address questions and concerns. What strikes me most is his humility. Finding him was an answer to prayer. I have been blessed to be under his care.
Our staff and physician's strive to provide the best possible diagnosis and care through orthopedic expertise and our personal investment in you. We are so glad you were able to witness our dedication to providing the "RVO Experience", and are willing to share your positive opinion with others.
in Fremont MiI |
Total knee replacement; back golfing within eleven days of the surgery, on the bike trails in six weeks, and yesterday twelve week I played a hour and a half of racquetball, I moved well, pivoted well and won 3 out of 5 games. Today the only thing that doesn't hurt is my new knee.
We are so pleased to hear of your strong recovery after knee replacement with River Valley Orthopedics. It's a privilege to help you get back to doing, and we wish you continued health!
in Wyoming, MI |
Dr Pack and his staff are superb, very through in diagnosis, very patient, kind, caring, along with being a skilled surgeon, you're in great hands. I had right and left knee total replacement 6 weeks apart (that's the soonest he will operate when having both done) Dr Packs reputation is one of excellence, many of the hospital personal (where you get the real scoop) speak very highly of him as well.
We are truly proud to have Dr. Pack on the River Valley Team. His dedication to our team, his patients and the world of orthopedic care, is at the foundation of what the "RVO Experience" stands for. Thank you for sharing such kind words, we wish you much continued health.
in Plainwell MI |
I had total left knee replacement 2014. My incision is very small. My recovery was short. I even surprised Dr. Pack at my 2 week check up by walking in with no assistance! He and his staff are very kind. No rush. Infectious rate very minimal. Looking like right knee needs his miracle hands. Making call now.
Our staff and physician's strive to provide the best possible diagnosis and care through orthopedic expertise and our personal investment in you. We look forward to possibly working with you again, until then, we send our well wishes for continued health!
Have you seen Dr. Bryan Pack, MD?

Visit Dr. Pack