Dr. Bruce Yalowitz, MD

Urology | Male

Dr. Bruce Yalowitz, MD
Dr. Bruce Yalowitz, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Merrillville, IN. He is 54 years old. Dr. Yalowitz is affiliated with Franciscan Health Hammond, Community Hospital, Franciscan Healthcare Munster, Methodist Hospitals - Northlake Campus, Franciscan Health Crown Point, St. Mary Medical Center and St. Catherine Hospital.

Dr. Yalowitz's Care Philosophy

Our mission at Urologic Specialists of Northwest Indiana is to provide state of the art urological services with a strong emphasis on patient education. We are committed to clinical excellence and treating patients with compassion, mutual respect and trust. Our vision is to be the urology group of choice in the communities we serve. Although we created this website to provide information about some of the urology services we offer, it does not take the place of a personal consultation with our doctors. Please browse through this site and take the time to write down any questions you have. Bring these inquiries with you to your consultation and your doctor will be sure to address your concerns.

Dr. Yalowitz's Experience

See how Dr. Yalowitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yalowitz

Dr. Yalowitz accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Yalowitz is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Yalowitz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Yalowitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yalowitz to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Yalowitz's Performance
in St. John IN |
Dr Bruce Yalowitz is an amazing physician. He takes the time to diagnose and explain so it is very understandable. He performed surgery on me and walked me through the process... has an excellent bedside manor and actually answered the phone twice personally on a Sunday when I had a concern/question. That is just NOT done anymore. I highly recommend Dr. Bruce Yalowitz!!!
in Chicago, IL |
Bruce was great in getting me through my first (and hopefully only) kidney stone experience. He and his office did everything they could for me - very quickly - to diagnose and ultimately resolve my pain. Such appreciation for everything he did for me!
in munster,in |
Having any type of surgery or medical test can at times be very unsettling and scary. Dr. Yalowitz helped to ease those fears . He answered all my questions , he explained what the problem was and what the solution would be. He was friendly and professional . He also has a great sense of humor, which helps tremendously to break the tension and to help make everyone feel "normal". His staff was always friendly and helpful. Scheduling appts was also very easy. I would recommend Dr. Yalowit
in Newton North Carolina |
I am an out of state patient. We have 2 hospitals within an 8 mile radius of where live in NC and both of them combined would not come close to the level of care and hospitality I received during my emergency Kidney Stone Surgery. I would recommend Dr. Yalowitz to anyone. Kidney Stones are no Laughing matter and he and the whole staff at community Hospital made my stay very comfortable. Hen definitely knows how to care for people!
in Schererville, IN |
I recently had an emergency situation with a kidney stone and Dr Yalowitz got me in immediately and stayed late to take care of my problem. I'm extremely impressed with his willingness to go the extra mile. He truly cares about people. Thank you Dr Yalowitz !!
Highland, IN |
The most rude doctor I ever seen. He gave me 2 minutes to explain my problem, when it didn't add up to what he wanted I was told nothing was wrong. He refused to give any indication of what was wrong or what I should do about it. When I asked what do do about the discomfort he just left the room. After waiting there about 5 minutes thinking he or at least his nurse would give me information, I went to the receptionist who said the doctor was done with me no instructions.
in Hammond, IN |
Usually not a fan of doctors, but Dr Yalowitz knows his stuff.
He is basically the reason my mother is alive today. He came in 3 AM to perform an emergent procedure on my mother which saved my mother from going into full septic shock. He was very professional and very nice. I highly recommend him.
in Munster, IN |
The reason I would welcome Dr. Yalowitz to everyone is that he a caring , compassionate person who takes the time and effort to explain your individual situation and what can be done to improve it. In all of my cases , Dr. Bruce was straightforward , willing to listen to my concerns , and being straightforward in helping me to understand my situation and alleviate any anxieties I might have.
in Schererville, IN |
Dr. Yalowitz has been my urologist ever since I was diagnosed with bladder cancer nearly two years ago. His skill and competence are first-rate, and he is thoroughly knowledgeable regarding diagnosis and treatment. His timely procedures during my long hospitalization were life-saving. I'm most fortunate to have Dr. Yalowitz as part of my medical team.
in St John, IN |
Dr. Yalowitz was attentive, caring, empathic, and his follow up care was unmatched as well. I knew I was in good hands from the start. He even took the time to speak in detail to my loved one in the surgical waiting area explaining the procedure with diagrams on his own time after hours. I would highly recommend this physician!
Napa, CA |
I came in for a kidney stone. He was honest, not in a hurry to operate and gave me all of the options. I didn't like the fact that I might need surgery, but he recommended medical expulsive therapy and ultimately I passed the stone. Happy with his honesty, integrity and that he wasn't in a hurry to operate. If you want a straight shooter who will tell you what are the options and best option even if you don't like hearing all of them, this is your guy. Honest to a fault.
Munster, IN |
He was cold, abrupt and seemed not to want to share his opinion, defeating the purpose of going to him
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Yalowitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Yalowitz?

Compare Dr. Yalowitz

Dr. Yalowitz's Care Philosophy

Dr. Yalowitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Yalowitz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Yalowitz's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypospadias
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Infertility
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Polyuria
  • Premature Ejaculation
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

University Ill Hosps And Clins

Completed in 1991

University Ill Hosps And Clins

Completed in 1994

Dr. Yalowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yalowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry