Dr. Bruce Toporoff, MD

Dr. Bruce Toporoff, MD

Cardiac Surgery | Male

Good Samaritan Hospital 257 Lafayette Ave Ste 360, Suffern, NY 10901 Get Directions

Offers high-quality, individualized care with compassion. Believes communication and collaboration with patients is the foundation for effective relationships. Through effective education, patients are empowered to partner in their care and achieve their health goals.Read more

Dr. Toporoff's Experience

See how Dr. Toporoff's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Toporoff

Dr. Toporoff accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Toporoff has admitting privileges.

Dr. Toporoff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Toporoff to family and friends
Dr. Toporoff Says:

Dr. Toporoff's Performance
in Ventura, CA |
Dr Toporoff saved my life twice. First I had an emergency procedure for an aortic dissection several years ago and he saved my life. Then a few years later my aortic valve failed and he fixed that too. Even though both of these procedures were risky I came through without any problems and I am doing fine today. Thanks Dr T!
in Newbury Park, Ca |
Dr. Toporoff performed a mitral valve repair on my wife at Los Robles Hospital 10.9.2015. When we met, he was very confident, approachable, and professional. During the surgery he repaired her mitral valve, but also made other repairs to her heart. During the follow-up, I asked how the mitral valve repair is done. He got a book and showed me how it's done. His work also completely fixed her chronic coughing. Outstanding surgeon and human being! Thanks for all you did. She's doing great!
in Oxnard, CA |
The most important quality to look for in a medical doctor is experience and skill. My father is 83 and is still alive today because of Dr. Toporoff?s skill and dedication to helping his patients. My father was in critical condition due to internal bleeding. Dr. Toporoff diagnosed his condition, researched to locate the stints in Santa Barbarba, and operated to repair my father?s aneurysm. This doctor can work under pressure. My family will be forever grateful to Dr. Toporoff and his team.
in Ventura, CA |
In 2002 my husband had the terrible misfortune of having his Aorta rupture. On balance however, we had the amazing good fortune to be driving through Oxnard & were able to get to St.John?s Hospital where Dr.Bruce Toporoff was on duty. In short order, Dr.T. pulled his team together & performed the 10 hr.surgery that without any doubt saved his life. Throughout that terrible ordeal & the subsequent 14 years, he has monitored his progress, Dr.Toporoff has treated the both of us with genuine dignity
in Ventura, CA |
I suffered an aortic dissection while I was at work. I was barely able to grunt out to my wife Come pick me up, I think I am having a heart attack. I had no history of heart problems or ANY experience with St. Johns or Dr. Toporoff. We skidded to a stop at emergency and later learned that had we arrived TWO minutes later it would have been too late.. Dr. Toporoff SAVED MY LIFE. He has been nothing but helpful and friendly ever since. If you are looking for the best, you need look no further
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
Dr. Toporoff and staff were prepared for any situation that may present itself. He discussed all potential problems that might occur during my valve repairs. He explained that if I should need a valve replacement, he would have the ability and the materials to do it during this surgery. He was able to repair, instead of replace the valves. What may be somewhat routine to surgeons, is not to the patient Dr. Toporoff and his staff made sure that I was comfortable and had confidence I recommend him
Salt Lake City, UT |
This man is cruel and rude and unprofessional. He yells at the hospital staff in front of patients, and called and yelled at my frail mother as her 80 yr old husband was struggling after a quadruple bi-pass. Dr. T cared more about his reputation than the overall well-being of his patient. He may be a skilled surgeon, but this man's beside manner and compassion are non-existent. Do not let him talk you into being his patient!
This review is from a woman who was the daughter of a patients second wife. The patient who had quadruple bypass was still on a ventilator after surgery when this woman convinced her elderly mother (his second wife) to try to terminate his care. This was such an inappropriate request that I did get very stern with the family as the request was very inappropriate . The patient walked out of the Hospital l several days later and his wife has been treated for dementia.
in Oxnard, CA |
Terrible. He's a rude, obnoxious doctor with an unkind spirit. He just wanted to hear his own oud voice and did not care to listen to what my concerns were. He tried to talk me into surgery that week without so much as explaining or telling me why. I wnet for a second opinion only to hear that he is the worst surgeon in Ventura!!!
My office has no record of ever seeing this patient in consultation, perhaps he is mistaken about who his surgeon was.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Toporoff, MD?

Compare Dr. Toporoff

Dr. Toporoff's Care Philosophy

Dr. Toporoff says...

Performs bypass surgery, valve repairs and replacements  .  Treats aneurysms of thoracic aorta. Also performs  MAZE  procedures for Atrial Fibrillation.

• Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
  • Off Pump CABG
  • Mitral valve repair / replacement
  • Aortic valve replacement
  • Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
  • Endovascular stent grafts
  • MAZE procedure

Dr. Toporoff says...

After 14 years in private practice I have relocated from Ventura County to an academic job in New York at Good Samaritan Hospital and Westchester Medical Center. To all my patients who took the time to fill out the survey , I appreciate your time and effort. Despite multiple attempts to get Healthgrades to edit the comments appropriately I do have to comment about the negative patient reviews I have received recently. One patient JC , is mistaken as I did not see him in consultation prior to surgery, we have no record of him being seen as a consult in our office. I saw him only  after surgery in the Hospital in 2014 when I was covering for another surgeon.  The other negative review involves a non relative (daughter of a second wife) who wanted to withdraw support from a patient one day after open heart surgery. I definitely admonished her for her inappropriate request and the patient left the Hospital and did well despite her wishes to the contrary, he was very grateful.

Dr. Toporoff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiac Surgery
  •  Board certified in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery

Dr. Toporoff has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Toporoff's Board Certifications

• Aortic Stenosis
  • Aortic Valve Disease
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Disease
  • Mediastinal Tumors, Malignant
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Pulmonary Embolism

SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Graduated in 1984

University Med Center University Ariz Health Scis Center

Completed in 1993

The George Washington U

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Toporoff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Toporoff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiac Surgery

• Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
  • Endovascular Repair of Thoracic Aorta
  • Maze Procedure
  • Mitral Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy