Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Bruce Rudin, MD
Dr. Bruce Rudin, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Newark, DE. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Rudin is affiliated with Christiana Care Health System - Christiana Hospital.

First State Orthopaedics Harmony Plaza

4102 Ogletown Stanton Rd Ste B

Newark, DE 19713

• Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Rudin

His focus is on alternatives to surgery and conservative care options. For patients who do require surgery, he utilizes the most minimally invasive cutting-edge techniques available. His focus is always on returning a patient to the best quality of life possible, allowing for return to work and the activities important to the patient. His program interfaces with the patients, insurance companies, and attorneys, allowing the patient to focus on their own recovery with the least distractions.

Dr. Rudin's Experience

Dr. Rudin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

• Emory University
  • Montefiore Hosp Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • New England Baptist Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Rudin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rudin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rudin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rudin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rudin to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Rudin's Performance
in Newark, DE |
The office NEVER runs on time. Wait is 45-90 minutes to get out of waiting room. Staff doesn't call to notify patients when they put out a sign saying Dr. Rudin is running at least 45 minutes late. He may be a good provider, but his staff is NOT good for/to patients.
in Wilmington, DE |
Knowledgeable and courteous. Dr.Rudin is the best!
Elkton, MD |
Could not have asked for better care. Not only did Dr.Rudin listen and answer questions but his staff was so welcoming and accommodating. He's awesome!
Dr. Rudin is the best in his field. Very caring. Debbie and Bonnie are top of the line too! Even Ellen at the front desk does a great job!
in Smyrna, DE |
I saw Dr.Rudin for a second opinion and can say I felt like a patient not a customer. His staff is incredible and courteous, I wouldn't recommend any other doc!
in Bethany Beach, DE |
My back issue started 11/2015 ending in a wheelchair 11/2016. I had surgery in a different hospital with a different Dr in June Several weeks after my surgery I was still in an ENORMOUS amount of pain, after several calls to the office with NO CALL BACK. I decided to see Dr. Rudin, he and his staff immediately saw the problems and there were many! Within weeks of my first appointment I had surgery & have been pain free. The after care has been AMAZING, call backs with in minutes.
I saw Dr.Rudin for a second opinion he explained every possible option before surgery. I felt like he actually listened to me
in Wilmington, De |
Dr.Rudin is the flat out best there is, I saw him for my neck and could not be happier about the results. I am 3 months out from surgery and my quality of life has extremely improved.
in Elkton |
Truly felt like Dr.Rudin listened and spent time explaining everything in depth before recommending surgery. Very down to earth and tells it how it is. Wouldn't see anyone else!
in Elkton, MD |
Dr. Rudin changed my life. He's a great surgeon with a top notch staff!
Everyone is always friendly & accommodating. I refer everyone to FSS.
Pleasant, outgoing, also friendly. Goes above and beyond her work. Dr. Rudin has a treasure with Eileen! She is the best!
Dr. Rudin takes time explaining results of your tests. He has gone out of his way to help me through years of my back getting worse. Everything he has told me was true and believe me, I am sure my case has been challenging for him.
in Middletown De |
I had an accident February of 2014. After seeing other doctors who tried several different things which none worked I was referred to Dr. Rudin. He recommend fusion surgery. I had the Surgery in early July of 2016. It is now October and I am back to normal ! No pain ! Surgery went great ! Dr. Rudin and especially his PA's are great would highly recommend them.
in DE |
He left bone shards in my sciatic nerve during surgery and closed me up, leaving me unable to walk for 6 months until a revision surgery was performed by a doctor in another state. No one in Delaware would correct the error. I did not sue and now regret this as I have permanent nerve damage ( muscle weakness) and scar tissue adhered to the nerve that makes it difficult to walk or exercise normally. The surgery done in his surgi-center. I pay out of my own pocket for continuous PT, and other help
in Newark, DE |
Simply put, he is the best. Great results, fantastic bedside manner, honest and direct.
Newark, DE |
He is an excellent surgeon who quickly diagnosed my problem as a large disc herniation of my lumbar spine. He recommended conservative treatment such as medications, physical therapy and injections, that did give me some relief for a few years. My symptoms returned after a new injury and I had he recommended a microdisectomy. I'm happy to say that all of pre-operative leg and back pain has resolved and I was able to return to work in one week and I'm able to run 15 miles a week pain free.
in Hockessin, DE |
Absolutely a fantastic experience with the entire staff at First State Spine! I suffered from severe, debilitating pain from a bulging disc and pinched nerve. Dr. Rudin and Bonnie O'Connor were amazing. I was extremely nervous to have the Microdiscectomy and Bonnie was there with reassurance and confidence that I would get relief from the pain! Surgery went very well and I am pain free after suffering 5 months! Thank you Dr. Rudin and team! I would encourage anyone suffering to "go for it!"
in Milford, DE |
I was suffering from lower back pain for over 10 years with a lot of skepticism concerning surgery as I also have a prosthetic heart valve and take blood thinners. This type of surgery requires me to be off blood thinners for 10 days. Dr. Rudin worked with me and my heart specialist to manage my blood thinners up to the day of the surgery. Now here I am 7 months later free from pain altogether. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Rudin and staff & HIGHLY recommend his practice & Christiana Hospital.
in Carneys Point, NJ |
Dr. Rudin and his team helped me to have smooth surgical experience and recovery. Since I was having severe pain, I wanted to have surgery at the earliest possible date. Doctor's scheduler, monitored cancellations and accommodated me. Doctor and his PAs explained the procedure and what to expect in detail. Surgery went off very smoothly and recovered without any issues. Dr. Rudin and his team were always very cordial with me.
Great experience. Dr. Rudin was able to operate on me with a minimally invasive outpatient surgery and cure me of my leg and back pain. I was able to return to work one week after surgery.
in Newark De |
I am very thankful that I went to see Dr Rudin. I had severe low back pain and was unable to walk or sit without pain. He recommended for me to try back injections and after two injections I was back to my normal routine. I was able to run again and able to do things with my kids again. His staff was very helpful and I felt like I was in the right place and in the right hands. I'm very glad that I chose Dr Rudiin.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Rudin, MD?
Are you Dr. Rudin?