Contact provider for availability

Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Ramshaw
1934 Alcoa Hwy # D285 Knoxville, TN 37920

Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD is a general surgery specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from University Of Florida in 1989 and specializes in general surgery.

Dr. Ramshaw accepts

Dr. Ramshaw accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
First Health (Coventry Health Care) EPO
Freedom Health
Freedom Network PPO
Medicaid
Tricare
TriCare for Life

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Ramshaw's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ramshaw's Top Procedures and Conditions

Incisional Hernia

Dr. Ramshaw treats Incisional Hernia more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Ramshaw treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Dr. Ramshaw performs Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Ramshaw performs this procedure more than 89% of his peers

• Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia

Areas of expertise: Abdominal Wall and Hernia Disease, Chronic Pain following hernia repair.

• General Surgery

Dr. Ramshaw?
Dr. Ramshaw's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I Highly recommend Dr. Bruce Ramshaw as he is a genuine compassionate,well educated,personable doctor who listens to his patients health problems so as to learn what is really going on. Unlike others who just want to make their own prognosis without talking and listening to the patient who knows their body best. You can see the concern in Bruce Ramshaw at your very first visit. Wish he was still in Florida,but I will travel to Tennesse if he is able to help me with my hernia problems. LINDA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
Two years ago I had mesh placed unknowingly into my left inguinal region. I could not stand for two weeks so I went back to the surgeon and she said I would be fine. I went to her partner who told me “some people must learn to live with pain”. Dr. Ramshaw and the team at UT are the best and I will say as a doctor I have never said that about anyone except myself Ego, no some are. After two weeks I am back to work, I feel much better, people see it, If you are thinking of removing the mesh do it
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
Dr. Ramshaw is a highly skilled surgeon. I had parastomal hernia repair surgery on June 30, 2017 and have had no problems what so ever. The doctor is very personable and I was very comfortable talking to him. I would recommend him to anyone needing hernia surgery. In my opinion he is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
Like others, nothing but great things to say about Dr. Ramshaw and staff. He's the humble master of his craft. I had too many problems with my bilateral lap. mesh to mention, and they were all resolved after removal by Dr. Ramshaw in June, 2017.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
The absolute best hernia related surgeon in the US. There is nobody better or more versed in the business of hernia related issues. He deserves 10 stars. He is an absolute master at his art and he saved my life. He is extremely personable and his staff is second to none.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
I had a consult & am waiting to have surgery! He & his staff are absolutely the best ever! I'm an RN & I have never in my life met any DR that was as knowledgeable or as kind & compassionate as Dr Ramshaw & he is truly genuine! What a jewel! Brandie is just as nice too! I am so thankful that I was accepted as a patient! I have a difficult surgery ahead of me but he told me everything & he truly cares about his patients both mentally & physically & works hard to help them be prepared !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
Dr Ramshaw and his patient care coordinator Brandy are the best medical team I have ever encountered. Dr Ramshaw is the best surgeon and and I am pain free thanks to his miraculous surgery. I am thankful for his expertise, and his professional "Patient Centered Approach to quality Medical Care". Keep up your work, and hopefully you will help bring in the next teams of excellent surgeons who understand the importance of listening to patients, and interacting with patients in a positive manner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
My name is Connie Thornburg from Childersburg, Alabama. Dr. Ramshaw performed surgery on me on August 31, 2016. He removed old mesh , scaring & gave me a new abdominal wall reconstruction. I feel so blessed to have found him. He & his wife Brandi work so hard to see that everything was perfectly lined up to give me a great outcome. Dr. Ramshaw also used injections of Exparel a local analgesic in my surgical site. Little pain & a great recovery !! They're God sent worldwide to the hopeless !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
The absolute best in the in field bar none. Do not waste your time with anyone else.
Thank you, our team appreciates your support and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?
In 2013 I was having pain from hernia mesh that was implanted from previous hernia operations. He took time to explain what he could do and asked me which option I was interested in. he Removed the 5 pieces of mesh that had been implanted and I am doing better. He was and is willing to answer your questions and his patient representative is and was willing to provide assistance at anytime you needed it. I am very grateful to have been one of his patients and would recommend him to anyone.
Thank you, our team appreciates your support and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Ramshaw, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ramshaw?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ramshaw treats patients.