Dr. Bruce Nelson, MD

Dr. Bruce Nelson, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Bruce Nelson, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

7737 Southwest Fwy Ste 930

Houston, TX 77074

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Nelson

See how frequently Dr. Nelson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cancer
Skin Cancer
Dermatitis
high

Dr. Nelson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Baylor College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Stough Dern Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Nelson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nelson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Nelson's Performance
in Houston, TX |
I have been to Dr. Nelson for MOHS surgery several times. He has always been honest and to the point as to what was coming next. When my personal dermatologist tells me I need MOHS surgery I ask for Dr. Nelson. And his staff are wonderful! Always smiling, pleasant and understanding that you may be a little fretful. I would recommend him highly!
in Houston, TX |
I'm a 1st visit patient. I had a biopsy , which turned out to be cancer. I was apprehensive and nervous. Upon arriving at his office, Dr. Nelson's staff were helpful and went through explaining my upcoming procedure. When Dr. Nelson came in the room singing, I knew he was different! All went well. I'm post polio syndrome. The evening of my surgery, the doctor called. He discussed my history. I was impressed . Thank you
in College Station, TX |
Dr Nelson and his staff provide excellent care. He is a very, very skillful surgeon. He is to the point and explains the procedure and the after care in an forthright and comprehensive manner. Both my husband and I have received care from him multiple times. His staff was very caring and considerate. I would highly recommend him as a MOHS surgeon or for melanoma treatment.
in Houston, TX |
I want to report that my experience with Dr. Nelson and his staff at the Dermatologic Surgery Center was very positive. The staff was caring, professional, and efficient. Dr. Nelson was very concerned about my welfare; he even phoned personally to check on me! From the very beginning, I had no doubt that Dr. Nelson and his group were the right choice for my surgery.
in Richmond, Texas |
I saw Dr. Nelson after receiving a normal pathology report from a biopsy done on my lower lip by another dermatologist. I knew it wasn't right. The previous Dr. didn't get a quality specimen. Dr. Nelson treated me with so much concern I was speechless. He repeated the biopsy and called me within 2 days. The biopsy was not normal and he was on the phone with another Dr. Who he felt was the best person for me see for my problem. Dr. has better bedside manner then any other Dr. I have ever see
in Houston, TX |
Best Doctor I have ever dealt with by far! Been going to Bruce for 10 years and his attention to my care has been exceptional. He cares and will go out of his way to make sure you are well informed and your treatment and recovery the best possible. Not many DRs encourage you to call them at home if you have any issues.
in Spring, Tx |
A very competent, caring, professional. Always ready to go the extra mile to get things done correctly.
in Telluride, Colorado |
Over the last 2o+ years I have found Dr. Nelson to be the most caring and accommodating doctor I have ever experienced. His diagnoses and procedures are excellent. His staff are a joy to work with and like Dr. Nelson take excellent care of my husband and me. I am an out of state patient and here on the Western Slopes of Colorado I am unable to see a MOHS surgeon without at least a 12 week wait. Dr. Nelson will accommodate me at very short notice.
in Elysian Fields. TX |
He is the best doctor anywhere. Top of his field. Always makes sure his patients are taken care of and is available 24/7 if you need him.
in Houston, TX |
Both my wife and I have been patients of Dr. Nelson for the past year. Each visit his staff is professional, pleasant, and always timely. Rarely is the wait more than 5 to 10 minutes in the waiting room. Once you are in an exam room again the wait is short. I wish all my doctors respected my time as Dr. Nelson does! Dr. Nelson is always detailed in his description before he does a procedure. He also always take
Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson epitomized every negative stereotype people have about doctors, dismissed patient comfort and concerns, and treated my wife like a child. Arrogant, rude and I'm not comfortable with the fact that he touched her arms and shoulders repeatedly for no reason throughout the consult. We will never return and have found another doctor.
in Richmond, TX |
Removed a basal cell carcinoma from my nose in 2001. No recurrence and there is no scarring or other visible signs that surgery was ever done. I have continued to see Dr. Nelson for regular checkups, and he has removed several skin growths before they became a problem. Dr. Nelson and his staff are very professional and highly skilled. He is very personable and has excellent bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Nelson.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Nelson, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelson?