Dr. Bruce Mackey, MD

Dr. Bruce Mackey, MD

Pain Medicine  |

Dr. Bruce Mackey, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Edmond, OK. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Mackey is affiliated with Integris Baptist Medical Center.

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Mackey

See how frequently Dr. Mackey performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia

Dr. Mackey's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mackey "I treat patients with respect and strive to listen to their concerns."

• Pain Medicine

• Polyneuropathy
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Upper Back Pain

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• University of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
    Medical School | Graduated 1984

Dr. Mackey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mackey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mackey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mackey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mackey to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Mackey's Performance
Stillwater, OK |
Dr mackey is caring and works with you to find good solutions to your pain issues.
in OK |
I may well die today and if I do it will be Dr Bruce Mackeys fault. I've seen him for a long time. At my last appointment he said he would no longer see me. He was concerned mostly about my ability to pay him. My husband had come to think him the same as a drug dealer. He left me with no medications, Ihave a broken back, Its a TERRIBLE time to have be with no pain medicine. The local ER can not give meds, so after 19 years on the same meds I may well die or have a stroke. I was left with no plan
Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Mackey and his staff are amazing. They have given me my life back. They have several rules that their patients are required to follow, but these common sense rules make for an honest Dr/Patient relationship and successful treatment plans. They take time to listen, teach, and discuss treatment options. Everything they do is in the patient's best interest. I have a huge amount of respect for everyone in his office. He has earned my complete trust.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Pain management requires being honest with doctor. Dr Mackey will actually work to. Control your pain. Recomend! Jack Tolliver
in Moore, OK |
I've been seeing Dr. Mackey and his staff for about 5 years now and they are so great. The front office staff is nice and will always help with changes of appointments if needed. The nurses are kind and caring. Dr. Mackey takes time to see how you're doing and asks about other things in your life. Jamie is a lot like Dr. Mackey, he makes sure you're ok and then makes sure to see how work and the kids are. Amber is awesome and ends up with one or both of my kids on her lap while she's talking.
in Edmond, OK |
Would NOT recommend!! PA spent 45 minutes with us, Dr. Mackey himself spent less than 5 minutes with us with his hand on the door knob. Impatient when we asked a couple of questions. HOWEVER, the biggest problem was with the front desk and insurance coordinator. We have 2 ins coverages so never owe a copay. It was insisted we pay a $65 copay BEFORE we could see Dr. It took ONE MONTH for them to file ins. After notification that ALL costs were covered and we owed zero, no refund as yet. BEWARE!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Mackey and his PA's always listen and try to understand. I have been going th
in Moore OK |
Dr. Mackey and his staff are professional and caring. I have been seeing him for 13 years and he always listens to my concerns and he always answers my questions. He does not prescribe pain meds unnecessarily and expect to be tested regularly. I am grateful that he is my pain physician.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
It is often easy to find a doctor you like, however few are so blessed to find a doctor and staff that really listen and strive to improve your daily quality of life. Dr Mackey and staff, make it possible for me to serve my purpose.
in Norman, OK |
I am a healthcare professional whom called the office of Dr. Mackey to speak about a prescription for a patient. After RUDELY telling me that he was tired of hearing about the issue (I had never gotten any information back from him on the issue) he hung up on me. This is extremely unprofessional behavior especially from a self-proclaimed customer service expert. I will be suggesting patients go elsewhere from here on out.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
This doctor is not worth your time!!! His PA, Amber is very rude and condescending. You feel like you are getting drilled when she sees you. As if she is trying to intimidate you. I will never recommend this doctor!!! He drops patients at the drop of a hat and leaves them hanging to unnecessary withdraws. What doctor does that? THIS ONE!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Mackey was recommended to me by my PCP who I trusted greatly. I've been seeing him for about 8 years. He quickly diagnosed my sleep apnea which I've had since at least 1991 when a nurse friend suspected it, but there weren't home CPAP machines then. I've had CRPS Type II since 1994, trigeminal neuralgia since 2006, and fibromyalgia since 2011. He has been great in helping me with my chronic pain and his PAs are good also. The only problem is he's far away from where I live.
Oklahoma City |
He is awesome! He actually took the tine to listen to my concerns. He didn't make me feel like someone just looking for pain meds. He worked hard to come up with a pain regimen specifically for me. His office staff is awesome as well.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Mackey, MD?
Are you Dr. Mackey?

Visit Dr. Mackey

Dr. Mackey accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
    Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma
    Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma HMO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MVP Health Care