Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 69

Dr. Lockwood

Jeff Harris MD

23805 Stuart Ranch Rd Ste 210 Malibu, CA 90265

Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Malibu, CA and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine medical school in 1979. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lockwood to book an appointment.

Dr. Lockwood's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lockwood

3.6

Dr. Lockwood?
Dr. Lockwood is a lifesaver. I have battled with major depressive disorder and anxiety my entire adult life. I generally choose women as healthcare providers, but was really lucky I found him as a teen. I am an adult woman now, and after the dozen+ psychiatrists I’ve seen throughout the years (moving, insurance, etc.), his approach and at-ease demeanor have suited me best by far. Resistant depression is awful, and my monthly visits with Dr. Lockwood really help keep me in check.
Mar 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
Dr. Lockwood has been my doctor for a few years now. And I have to say, I have been to both of his offices. Very professional and comfortable. He does not need a receptionist. I am a little taken back by the reviews because he has always been professional, I never feel rushed and he gives me the time needed. He has always been helpful with paperwork and always answers my calls and texts. However, he answers only when he is not with a client. He's approach is calm and caring and he has a good sense of humor, nothing you can say to him will shock him. He is not there to push meds, never been my experience. One time I was stuck in traffic; he and I did my session over the phone. Which I appreciated as I really needed that appointment to reset/recharge my week. Dr. Lockwood is a great doctor and I highly recommend him.
Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
He is the best he is caring compassionate and he knows his patients needs and I will recommend him to anyone who needs a caring doctor
L Amin in Westlake Village , CA – Jun 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
do not see him. He is not a good peron or psychiratrist. Be advised.
THOUSAND OAKS – Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
I have been a patient for 17 years & he has been essential to my long-term mental health. I visit Dr Lockwood monthly for counseling even when I'm feeling fine. Its a lifelong battle with my clinical depression. He has helped me find the proper med plan & when to adjust as needed. I have learned how to track my daily thoughts & emotions which is essential to recognizing when my head may be getting off-track. I've been in a great place mentally for 17 years, but it is only due to his help.
EB in Agoura Hills, CA – Jun 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
Dr. Feel good. Unless you are looking to get hooked on drugs - don't see him. Should be in jail; this guy is very sketchy.
Lisa k – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
Dr. Lockwood did like to prescribe medication to me. In various instances, I felt that he overprescribed. He was an encouraging, helpful person to talk to when I was going through a difficult time. I think he sometimes led me to think too positively and not see things as realistically as I could have. He was expensive, too.
Malibu, California – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Lockwood for more than 7 years, and writing this review is the least I can do for him. He is exceptionally professional, and personally invested in me as his patient. I feel lucky to have a doctor that I actually look forward to going to see, and one that is genuinely interested in what's going on in my life and career. I would recommend Dr. Lockwood to anyone looking for a professional who is realistic, measured, and responsible. He has my complete confidence.
SS in Encino, CA – Oct 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?
This guy doesn't even deserve to be referred to respectfully as dr so I will call him Bruce. Bruce was the on call dr for my psychiatrist who passed away suddenly. I needed a medication refilled and he told me I would have to come see him when I told him it would be impossible to get to his office he said I will write you a two week script when I asked him if he could give me a month so Could find a dr taking Medicare he became rude yelled no if you're looking for kind/compassionate he's not it!
Lisa M in Los Angeles ca – Apr 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Lockwood, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lockwood?

• Psychiatry