Dr. Bruce Levin, MD

Dr. Levin
Telehealth services available

Guthrie Pratt Avenue Practice

37 Pratt Ave Towanda, PA 18848

Dr. Bruce Levin, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Towanda, PA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital and Suburban Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Levin to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Levin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Levin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Spine

Dr. Levin treats Osteoarthritis of Spine more than 65% of his peers

Dr. Levin treats this condition more than 65% of his peers

Low Back Pain

Dr. Levin treats Low Back Pain more than 60% of his peers

Dr. Levin treats this condition more than 60% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Levin treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 58% of his peers

Dr. Levin treats this condition more than 58% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Levin's conditions and procedures:

• Spondylosis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Levin accepts

Dr. Levin accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Keystone Health Plan East POS

Dr. Levin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Levin

Dr. Levin?
  • Office environment (40)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (38)
  • Staff friendliness (38)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
Dr. Leven spends as much time as needed with me on each visit. My first visit with him was long and very thorough which impressed me from the beginning. He is kind and shows compassion while explaining everything he can do for you. I especially liked that he doesn’t push medication. He provides many other ways to alleviate the pain without drugs. I see him in Williamsport where he has all the equipment necessary to treat my issues. I think the place I see him at is run by someone else and I would like to see a physical therapist there. I’ve only ever been shown exercises by the chiropractor once and in all the time I’ve been going no one has offered anything more as far as exercises for daily activities. I think if they added a therapist the office would be complete. Regardless of this Dr Levin is an outstanding doctor and I would travel wherever I needed to in order to see him.
Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
I have been a patient seeing Dr. Bruce H Levin for over 12 years. I was seen by Dr. Levin after post cervical spine fusion and advanced lumbar spine degeneration and radiculopathies. He came highly recommended by top neurosurgeons and I can understand why. He took a very complete view of my issues and spent a lot of time determining which therapies were most appropriate. I know I am not alone among his other patients who think he is the best doctor they have ever seen. He has treated me with a variety of procedures including selective nerve tunnel injections, which have been remarkably successful, even though I had failed multiple injections and epidurals provided by several other doctors before I had seen him. He reviewed a variety of options with me including spinal cord simulation for which he widely respected. He did not feel that the latter was yet necessary. He has given me back my life back and his treatments have allowed me to remain productive. I owe this man my life.
  • Long wait times
Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
My husband had been sent to numerouse Dr.'s and specialists for his back and balance issues. No one could determine what was wrong. One Dr. even sent him back to work with no restrictions with major back pain and little balance on his own. Within 20 minutes of our visit with Dr. Levin he not only gave us the answer we were looking for, but pointed us in the direction of the treatment my husband needed. If it weren't for Dr. Levin my husband may not be with us today. He still see's Dr. Levin and is getting relief through treatment with him. Dr. Levin is a Godsend to me and my family!
TB – Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
I was examined by 7 different drs in a six month period before going to see Dr. Levin. The first 7 had no clue why I could hardley walk. Dr. Levin diagnosed the issue in 15 minutes. Within a months time I was able to walk without a cane . Great Doctor..
Marvin Bingaman – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Dr. Bruce Levin, in my objective opinion, has to be one of the most kind, gentle, caring, empathetic, creative and knowledgeable pain management physicians I have ever had the pleasure to be associated with in regard to my treatment. I have been treating with Dr. Levin in excess of seven years. When I first met him after a very serious workplace injury, my hopes for relief of my unbearable pain was dismal at best. Dr. Levin took the time to carefully and comprehensively ask me questions and examine me to understand the full extent of my issues so as to devise a plan to start making me feel better. He has a warmth to him that put me at ease immediately, and a professional manner that made me feel I had found the best physician to help me. As time went by, the treatments and medications prescribed to me started to ease my pain and lift my spirits! I can honestly state that without the care and compassion of Dr. Levin, I would not be in the better condition I am in today! Dr. Levin rocks!
MJK – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Can't believe I went to the same doctor that everyone here has positive reviews. He didn't listen well to my symptoms, said he had a specific approach to determine my pain generator and then did not follow it. From the first to my last visit, his only intention was to implant a spinal cord stimulator in me. What finally finished me was when he kept pushing the needle into my nerve when I told him pain was firing down my leg. He said he needed to get closer to the nerve since my last injection only gave me a few days relief. I finally had to yell to stop when my leg felt like it was going to explode. He had to know he was hitting my nerve with the needle. Funny, a spinal cord rep was waiting outside right after that injection to help sell one on me. They say do you want another surgery on your spine, like that procedure is not a surgery? After the rep. left, Levin said I'll do whatever you want, if you want injections forever, we'll do that. who'd want another after that??
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
R U Kidding Me – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
I have had issues with my back for many years and got the privilege of getting to see Dr. Levin when he was at the Towanda Memorial Hospital. He fixed the issues with my back and I was perfect for many years. He is the greatest doctor I have ever seen in my 45 years of life.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
I have never come to trust a Doctor as much as Bruce Levin. He knew exactly what to do for my lumbar disk herniations and he fixed me up! He is a compassionate expert healer with a light-hearted and loving manner.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin is hands down the best doctor around. He’s not your typical doctor going through the motions. He listens to his patients and responds accordingly. You leave his office feeling confident in the plan of action. He explains things thoroughly and gives a clear understanding of the expected outcome. I have seen many doctors over the years for my neck pain. He is the only doctor who actually helped. I would recommend him to anyone looking for relief. I’m so glad I found him. You will
Christina H in Philadelphia, PA – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Several years ago Isaw several doctors none seemed to care ,When I saw DR. Levin he was the first to give me a thourogh examination and to discuss my case extensively with me , He also found problems the other doctors either did not see or ignored Dr.Levin was the first to truely care,findthe problem and get positive results he treats me still He is the only doctor I trust His staff is very helpful when I need help.
MR.Brown in PA – Aug 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin has been seeing me for over a year now. Due to a vehicle accident I suffered a broken neck, and Dr. Levin was the only doctor who also diagnosed spinal cord problems and a closed head injury due to the vehicle's roof collapsing and hitting me on the head as the vehicle rolling over. I saw two of my former employer's doctors and neither one had diagnosed these issues. Dr. Levin has since been backed up by my other doctors. I am grateful for his treatment and highly reccomend him
  • Long wait times
D.M. in Northumberland – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
After an auto accident 4 yrs ago,I suffer from Cervical Spine issue's.Dr.Levin and his staff are a Godsend !! Their caring, professional mannerism's and genuine concern & help have basically saved my life.He is the ONLY Dr. that has helped to releive any of my pain.They are my " Angel's ".
M.H. in Catawissa – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin is the sole reason that I am able to keep working. His treatment for my Back pain is outstanding. I also like that he is very easy to talk to and has a great bedside manor. Finding Dr. Levin was one of the best things that I did in my life.
Kent Dobson in Sunbury, Pa – Apr 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Most sincerely caring doctor I've ever met. Absolutely wonderful to work with as far as pain goes. Wouldn't ever consider anyone else to treat me. Can't give this man enough thanks. MP
Matt P. in Northumberland, PA – Oct 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Best doctor I have ever been to. After being in an 18 wheeler accident I was in massive head and neck pain, workman comp was ignoring it so my Attorney sent me to Dr Levin, he was truly God Sent. Thru medication, manipulation, injections, a spinal cord stimulator, and his genuine desire to help those that the system has failed, I can finally get out of bed and embrace the world again. Two and a half years ago I walked into his office with a 6 month migraine pain scale of 9, it's now a 2.
Denise Copping in Williamsport, PA – Apr 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Before Dr. Levin, I got a nerve block from a pain management doctor in a hospital-like setting with anesthesia. It felt like prepping for major surgery! The experience was awful and gave no pain relief. The difference between that doctor's procedure and Dr. Levin's technique is mind blowing. Dr. Levin's injections are comfortable with no need for anesthesia and results in almost immediate relief w/o side affects. Since seeing Dr. Levin I've been able to stop some pain meds I took for years.
Lisa – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin is one of the most caring, patient, compassionate doctors that I've had an experience with. Most doctors these days rush you because most likely they are overbooked & try to cram all that they can in. And I would leave feelings like I was rushed which could leas to misdiagnosis in some cases (which I've experienced). But that's not the case with. Dr. Levin,he takes the time to understand your situation and make sure that understand everything.
T j Graham in Willow Grove, PA – Mar 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin is very knowledgeable, down to earth, straight forward and honest. He was able to accurately diagnose and treat my problem. I would highly recommend him to anyone with a back pain issue. I drive over an hour to see him and it is well worth my time!
Harrisburg, PA – Mar 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
awesome cares about his patients he is very professional I would highly recommend him can have wait time to see him though but that's what happens when your expertise is exceptional in your field of practice
michellen high in canton,pa – Feb 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin is a gift to humanity. I have never been treated by such a knowledgeable, compassionate, caring, personable, physician in my 60 years on this planet. What a wonderful and humble man. He came into the exam room, introduced himself, and within only a few minutes of looking at my medical file, took off into a dissertation about his plan for my care and immediately connected with me. Dr Levin is an absolutely incredible human being, physician, and immediate friend.
C. L. Houck in Enola, PA – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Levin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levin?

Non opioid based interventional pain management therapies using cutting edge technologies applied within the setting of a handcrafted traditional medical...Read more

• Pain Medicine

Nyu Hospitals Center, Pain Management Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Anesthesiology Stamford Hosp, Internal Medicine
1984