Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD

Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD is a dermatologist in Alexandria, VA and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Tufts University in 1988 and specializes in dermatology.Read his story

4660 Kenmore Ave Ste 500

Alexandria, VA 22304

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Dr. Glassman accepts

Dr. Glassman accepts the following insurance:

Select
Coventry Health Care of Delaware PPO
Coventry Health Care of Virginia
Coventry Health Care of Virginia HMO
Guardian
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
National Elevator
Principal Life

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Glassman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Itchy Skin

Dr. Glassman treats Itchy Skin more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Glassman treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Excision of Benign Skin Lesion

Dr. Glassman performs Excision of Benign Skin Lesion more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Glassman performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Hair Removal
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Ulcer
  • Warts

Dr. Bruce Glassman, a native of Hillside, New Jersey, graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. Dr. Glassman received his medical degree in 1988 from Tufts University of Medicine. I...

• Dermatology

2.4

Dr. Glassman?
Dr. Glassman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD
1000 characters aren't enough to describe the upset of my visit. Washed hands only because I asked. Examined me (including feet) without gloves. He zapped 3 keratoses on my neck at my request. Paid no attention to the more than 20 others I had. Some quite visible & ugly on my legs. He left the room without washing. He came back in to remove a cyst. He moved towards the sterile gloves and I had to tell him to wash his hands first. He was puzzled why. He took a scraping from a spot on my back to send for biopsy, suspecting it was basal cell. (It is). Offered no comment. He proceeded to remove the cyst. Had stitches removed yesterday. Looks like he didn't get all of it. The cyst looked better before removal. The place is an assembly line. No one washes without being asked to. He was disinterested & anxious to get done with a very inadequate skin check. Another ex-patient remarked on this page that she didn't know how he gets any good reviews. I will 2nd that. Stay away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Glassman to anyone. My first visit resulted in a 2-hour wait, which is actually insignificant to what occurred on my following visit. My subsequent visit was for an ear re-piercing procedure which resulted in continual bleeding and infection which will not end; and, I should mention that I followed specific instructions on the care of my earlobes after the procedure. I will not go through this again, consequently, I will be wearing clip-on earrings indefinitely. Unfortunately, I wasted $1,100 for this gravely disappointing outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
was pretty much on time. didn't explain anything, was fairly abrupt when i asked a question. had a cyst on my scalp removed. his assistant cut off a WHOLE lot of hair, although i took in a couple of clips to hold the hair away from the cyst. had 2 cysts to be removed but he would only do one at a time so i had to make 2 appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
Always runs late, unless you book a 7 am appointment. Wanted to spend the absolute minimum time with you once I finally get seen -- in one case I had an appointment that lasted less than 60 seconds. During a routine skin check he pulled out a needle and said "this will sting" without asking permission to put a needle in me; then took a scalpel and did a biopsy without asking, either. Doesn't practice informed consent; doesn't make sure patients understand post-procedural care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
Dr. Glassman was recommended by my doctor. I wish I would have read the reviews prior to making an appointment because I never would have used him. During surgery his assistant was cauterizing and hit a nerve not once but three times. I about went through the roof. His response was “oh, that sometimes happens.” Seven months later I still have no feeling in my ear. His bedside manner is very rushed and the wait times are absurd. My last visit I lost my patience and demanded my records and left.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
He smiles and is nice, but spends only 5 seconds with the patients and gives oral meds outright without being careful how that affects your liver function. You cant ask him much, coz he's out the door before you can even open your mouth. I don't know how he gets good ratings. It's a business. Patients are just customers. Not going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
Waited over an hour and found the entire appointment to be a waste of time. Overcrowded wait room and not much privacy. I felt like a number, not a patient. At least 30 people in the wait room. I don't know why so many docs refer this guy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
It was hard to get an appointment with the Doctor so I often ended up with his PA. Waits were always long and when I did manage an appointment with Dr. Glassman, he was in a rush and had little time or inclination to explain my new case of skin cancer. Another time, his PA ignored a spot, even when I pointed it out, that turned out to be melanoma when I went to another dermatologist. His office charged me a fee to send my records to the new dermatologist who was treating the melanoma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
Dr. Glassman had no patient to listen, he cut me off when I tried to explain and show him my problems. Therefore, he did not diagnose my problem correctly the first time, and only realized my problem in my subsequent visit. I waited for him for more than 45 minutes, but he spent less than 5 minutes in the room. He did not even look at my problem and just busy telling his assistant what medication to be prescribed to me based on his wrong diagnosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?
Was 3.75 hours behind on my last two procedures! Was 1.75 hours late for a 10:15 a.m, appt: how can a practice be nearly 2 hours behind by 10:15 in the morning? Was 2 hours behind for a 4:45 appt. Spent over an hour in exam room waiting each time. No explanation, No apology. No staff contact. Dr. rushed in the exam room, no knocking, breathless & stressed. No procedure explanation. Missed spots! Was treated like a cow in slaughterhouse. Treatment getting worse. Mo' meat = mo' money?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Glassman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Glassman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Glassman treats patients.

64% Patient experience rating, 5% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)