Psychiatry  |
Dr. Bruce Edson, MD
Dr. Bruce Edson, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 30 years.

16554 N Dale Mabry Hwy

Tampa, FL 33618

• AvMed
  • Centene
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Edson

See how frequently Dr. Edson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Schizophrenia
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Edson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Panic Attack
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Pitt Meml Hospital E Carolina University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University South Fla College Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Edson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Edson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Edson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Edson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Edson to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Edson's Performance
    GOOD
    FAIR
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Edson is great. As a psychiatrist, the job is to diagnose based on symptoms, diagnoses and previous medicines tried. Do not expect to go in, sit on the couch and share your life story, stick to the symptoms. He’s excellent at bringing it back to the point at hand if you do start down that road. For that reason, he's not a psychologist. His staff is absolutely horrid. They are consistently incompetent and rude. I'm going to a different Dr. simply because interacting w/them's so unpleasant
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Edson treats both my daughter and myself. He really listens to our concerns and prescribes the necessary medications to improve our mental, physical & emotional well-being. However as others have reported, his office staff has been very unprofessional particularly the receptionist. She acts bothered each time I check in for my appointment. She just asks me for my name and takes my payment without making any eye contact or showing any manners.
in Tampa, FL |
It took years to find the right cocktail for me. I began my attempts 23 years again and have been seeing Dr Edson for 7 years. Every year improved and for the last 4 We have only made minor changes. He always was concerned about how each drug would interact, about how different drugs would effect my weight, so many factors. I am a curious person and I like to understand such matters, he takes the time to explain everything to me. It is rare to find empathy in the world but in the world of me
in Tarpon Springs, Fl |
I complained to Dr. Edson about his staff over a ago and he said he would speak with them, but apparently it has not worked. Edson had been my doctor for at least two years then, but I finally could not stand his staff at all. They were distant, unfriendly, and sometimes annoyed by even the smallest request. It is really negligent in my opinion to allow already vulnerable patients to be treated like that by your support staff. My health suffered directly as a result.
Tampa, FL |
In my opinion Dr. Edson is a very good doctor. Very knowledgeable and with a good quiet demeanor. The office staff however is awful. Especially one particular person. From day one, at the reception window she greets me with an unpleasant look. Like I'm bothering her. This is not a one time thing. It happens all the time which to me is unacceptable. All patients should be greeted kindly and professionally. I'm seriously looking into getting another doctor.
in Tampa, FL |
Rude receptionist. I left 3 messages over a week and finally got a call back after the 3rd.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Edson, he is a very nice man, but I absolutely dread coming to these appointments. I've already made another appointment to switch doctors, but unfortunately have to come to this office one last time to have my medication refilled. Biggest issue is the staff. I have never met more rude unfriendly and inconsiderate receptionists. When I paid for my last appointment, I said thank you and she closed the window in my face. I wish I had more characters to explain. Can't wait to change Doctors.
in Tampa, FL |
We attempted to make an appointment with Dr Edson however the individual representing Dr Edson's administrative office was condescending and had no interest in helping new patients. What a terrible 1st impression.
in Tampa FL |
I've been a patient with him for about two months. While I have told him that I have attempted suicide and constantly think about it, he continues to never look far into it and has my appointments spaced out 1-2 months at a time. I feel unimportant and like he's only in it for the money I pay him. I'm on enough medications, so I'm sure he can tell I'm struggling, but it would be nice to have him there for me.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Edson, MD?
Are you Dr. Edson?