Dr. Bruce Edson, MD

Dr. Bruce Edson, MD

Psychiatry | Male

North Tampa Psychiatric Assocs 16554 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618 Get Directions

Dr. Edson specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Tampa, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Edson? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Edson's Experience

See how Dr. Edson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Edson

Dr. Edson's Performance
    GOOD
    FAIR
in Tampa, FL |
It took years to find the right cocktail for me. I began my attempts 23 years again and have been seeing Dr Edson for 7 years. Every year improved and for the last 4 We have only made minor changes. He always was concerned about how each drug would interact, about how different drugs would effect my weight, so many factors. I am a curious person and I like to understand such matters, he takes the time to explain everything to me. It is rare to find empathy in the world but in the world of me
in Tarpon Springs, Fl |
I complained to Dr. Edson about his staff over a ago and he said he would speak with them, but apparently it has not worked. Edson had been my doctor for at least two years then, but I finally could not stand his staff at all. They were distant, unfriendly, and sometimes annoyed by even the smallest request. It is really negligent in my opinion to allow already vulnerable patients to be treated like that by your support staff. My health suffered directly as a result.
Tampa, FL |
In my opinion Dr. Edson is a very good doctor. Very knowledgeable and with a good quiet demeanor. The office staff however is awful. Especially one particular person. From day one, at the reception window she greets me with an unpleasant look. Like I'm bothering her. This is not a one time thing. It happens all the time which to me is unacceptable. All patients should be greeted kindly and professionally. I'm seriously looking into getting another doctor.
in Tampa, FL |
Rude receptionist. I left 3 messages over a week and finally got a call back after the 3rd.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Edson, he is a very nice man, but I absolutely dread coming to these appointments. I've already made another appointment to switch doctors, but unfortunately have to come to this office one last time to have my medication refilled. Biggest issue is the staff. I have never met more rude unfriendly and inconsiderate receptionists. When I paid for my last appointment, I said thank you and she closed the window in my face. I wish I had more characters to explain. Can't wait to change Doctors.
in Tampa, FL |
We attempted to make an appointment with Dr Edson however the individual representing Dr Edson's administrative office was condescending and had no interest in helping new patients. What a terrible 1st impression.
in Tampa FL |
I've been a patient with him for about two months. While I have told him that I have attempted suicide and constantly think about it, he continues to never look far into it and has my appointments spaced out 1-2 months at a time. I feel unimportant and like he's only in it for the money I pay him. I'm on enough medications, so I'm sure he can tell I'm struggling, but it would be nice to have him there for me.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Edson, MD?
Are you Dr. Edson?

Compare Dr. Edson

Dr. Edson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Edson has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Edson's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Panic Attack
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

University South Fla College Med

Completed in 1991

Florida Institute Of Technology

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Edson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Edson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry